• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. Brawl 'Spoiler' thread. -- Denial phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

webrunner

TheKingsCrown said:
How the fuck are people still questioning Reno after all the people he has owned on this board with his knowledge? Jesus Christ people.

Probably because ROB, particularly, has/had a 1% chance given the information we have. (ROB probably isn't in the game TWICE, in completely separate ways, and ROB64 has absolutey nothing going for him in terms of brawl suitability- and I dont just mean movewise. I'd consider General Pepper real before ROB64)

Still might be real. All evidence other than Reno's credentials points to it being wrong though...

HotByCold

Banned
Firestorm said:
I don't do ban bets for serious business. Young Link is SERIOUS BUSINESS

And all you'd do is put up a 1 month ban vs a perma-ban like you're doing with MarkMan/Reno anyway ;)
Oh, they have a perm-ban resting on their shoulders?
Fine.

Raises my bet on their accuracy to infinity!
Perm-ban me if their character rooster and number of stages turns out to be correct.

TheKingsCrown said:
How the fuck are people still questioning Reno after all the people he has owned on this board with his knowledge? Jesus Christ people.

I bet it's because they read IGN.

But we haven't yet spent time speculating on which company will get the third third-party spot, or the fourth, or the fifth – you can go ahead and let go of the "Sakurai said only 1-2 more third-party spots" argument right now, because that's ridiculously outdated news. We know there are going to be more than that – count on it – so we're going to start pulling back the curtain on who it could be from a variety of possible companies.

yodandy said:
Am I the only one who doesnt want WW Link?

I love my chibi/realistic OOT young link :\

I actually wanted a Twilight Princess-style remake of Wind Waker Young Link. Realistic, with the hair going off to the side, the light green undershirt and swirly belt-buckle.

Would've been much cooler in my opinion.

SuperAngelo64 said:
I actually wanted a Twilight Princess-style remake of Wind Waker Young Link. Realistic, with the hair going off to the side, the light green undershirt and swirly belt-buckle.

Would've been much cooler in my opinion.

That's awful.

*shivers*

Firestorm

HotByCold said:
Fine.

Perm-ban me if their character rooster and number of stages turns out to be correct.

Anyone who is presenting information as a leak and is wrong faces permaban as far as I know.
What makes you so sure? That friend of yours at the UK Dojo?

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
HotByCold said:
Fine.

and i thought these SSB threads were legendary before....

oh snap - its getting personal.

HotByCold

Banned
Firestorm said:
Anyone who is presenting information as a leak and is wrong faces permaban as far as I know.
What makes you so sure? That friend of yours at the UK Dojo?
Nope, I feel it in my GUUUUUUTS!
And seriously people, Wolf, Falco AND R.O.B?
You believe that shit?

Scribble

I wonder if the unlockable newcomers are SO AWESOME, Nintendo are sending ninja to all the popular forums to post red herrings and throw people completely off guard.
Lol!

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
It's entirely possible that Reno/MarkMan's mysterious source doesn't have all of the information, either. There could very well be characters that Nintendo hasn't let slip, yet. Particularly additional third party characters, if IGN is to believed.

Am I saying that they are wrong? No. I'm just saying that it is a possibility.

Firestorm

HotByCold said:
You believe that shit?

Before you finalize your feelings from your gut, you should probably go and laugh through some other threads by Reno and MarkMan (like that VF5 Online one). They're quite funny!

You've already lost your avatar, do you want to bet your account too? :(

Iam Canadian said:
It's entirely possible that Reno/MarkMan's mysterious source doesn't have all of the information, either. There could very well be characters that Nintendo hasn't let slip, yet. Particularly additional third party characters, if IGN is to believed.

Am I saying that they are wrong? No. I'm just saying that it is a possibility.

I think that they've both played the game. Well, that's the feeling I'm getting anyway. IGN was just making a prediction in regards to 3rd parties.

PkunkFury

HotByCold said:
You believe that shit?

do you have info that contradicts any of it? or are you just guessing it's fake?

HotByCold

Banned
Firestorm said:
Before you finalize your feelings from your gut, you should probably go and laugh through some other threads by Reno and MarkMan (like that VF5 Online one). They're quite funny!

You've already lost your avatar, do you want to bet your account too? :(

I think that they've both played the game. Well, that's the feeling I'm getting anyway. IGN was just making a prediction in regards to 3rd parties.

I'm 100% sure that their information is incorrect in this case.

Hmmm. I had thought you might have had credible information, HotByCold. If you do, then awesome. More characters. If not, best of luck to you in the future, and at least you went out with a bang.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
God, it's getting brutal in here. Smash rumors and speculation used to be fun, not matters of personal pride and reputation.

[Nintex]

HotByCold said:
You believe that shit?
His account is on the line. Anyone who posts fake shit on NeoGAF gets banned. It's always been that way, around E3 or other events even insider cockteasers are getting banned. He must be a very credible source or he must have shown the mods something to prove he's right otherwise he would've been hit by the ban hammer with deadly force.

Hell, how crappy would it be to get:

B: Fire Arrows
Smash B: Boomerang
Up B: Sword Spin
Down B: Bomb
Final Smash: Triforce Slash
Grab: Hookshot

Instead of:

B: Mole Mitts
Smash B: Bombchu
Up B: Deku Leaf
Down B: Gust Jar
Final Smash: Hurricane Slash
Grab: Grappling Hook

?

Scribble

HotByCold said:
That part is just a guess, one of them could be in.

But you 'think' that the character roster is 34, right?

In here is getting too violent, especially when no-one has the OFFICIAL word.

Firestorm

A Link to the Snitch said:
Hell, how crappy would it be to get:

B: Fire Arrows
Smash B: Boomerang
Up B: Sword Spin
Down B: Bomb
Final Smash: Triforce Slash
Grab: Hookshot

Instead of:

B: Mole Mitts
Smash B: Bombchu
Up B: Deku Leaf
Down B: Gust Jar
Final Smash: Hurricane Slash

?

Really really really horrible considering he's going from "projectile whore" to "can he even attack"

Firestorm

This is quite possibly the first moveset I've ever made for Brawl. Although I've gone over a Sonic & Tails combo moveset before in my head.

Young Link
B: Slingshot
up+B: Deku Leaf
side+B: Boomerang
down+B: Bombchu (works like bomb with different trajectory)
Final Smash: King of Red Lions or Fierce Diety Link or who cares

Regular smashes: SOMETHING THAT CAN KILL PLEASE

Scribble said:
But you 'think' that the character roster is 34, right?

In here is getting too violent, especially when no-one has the OFFICIAL word.

Shockingly enough, I'm actually enjoying have something to put doubt back into this debate. Personally, I'm inclined to believe Reno and MarkMan, but if they are wrong, wow. That would be a huge shock. And if they are wrong only because there are more characters then holy f-ing shit.

But if they are right, then it's still awesome.

Firestorm said:
This is quite possibly the first moveset I've ever made for Brawl. Although I've gone over a Sonic & Tails combo moveset before in my head.

Young Link
B: Slingshot
up+B: Deku Leaf
side+B: Boomerang
down+B: Bombchu (works like bomb with different trajectory)
Final Smash: King of Red Lions or Fierce Diety Link or who cares

Regular smashes: SOMETHING THAT CAN KILL PLEASE

NO BOOMERANG

Christ, we don't give a character with tons of his own moves to use another character's move for no reason.

NO BOOMERANG

Christ, we don't give a character with tons of his own moves to use another character's move for no reason.

Ei, but what would we replace it with. For some reason I'm blanking on Wind Wakers' items.

webrunner

We basically have here a mind-schism-inducing dichotomy

On one hand, we have a credible source, who is standing behind their information and is almost certainly telling the truth as he knows it.

On the other hand, the information is ridiculously unbelievable. (a) rob. b) only 35 characters. there's no way there'd be only 35 characters when they could have upped the number just by including Mewtwo and such)

What to do, what to do.

Edit: For Cel Link attacks:
- Skull Hammer
- Gust Jar
- Mole Mits
- The Wind Waker (imagine being able to add wind to the stage that blows people around? Might be a decent final smash actually)
- Shovel
- Camera
- "lawnmower" spin attack (down B?)
- Remote Bomb
- Cane oF pacci
- Pegasus Boots
- Lantern
- Roc's Cape

Don't forget Four Swords, Adventures, Minish Cap, and Phantom Hourglass.

Hmm, maybe the Fire Rod from FSA?

That would be damn awesome. Or what about the candles? Forward B would light a fire on the ground that would spread out on the ground for a few moments, course, that seems like a down B so...

crowphoenix said:
That would be damn awesome. Or what about the candles? Forward B would light a fire on the ground that would spread out on the ground for a few moments, course, that seems like a down B so...

I think a good ranged weapon would be best

Firestorm

Boomerang is in pretty much every Zelda game and is Young Link-exclusive in Ocarina of Time. In Melee, it was his main weapon. I can't think of anything else that would behave like it. The only difference between clones and most characters is that clones have a similar animation. As long as you guys see a visual difference, it's fine right?

Firestorm said:
Boomerang is in pretty much every Zelda game and is Young Link-exclusive in Ocarina of Time. In Melee, it was his main weapon. I can't think of anything else that would behave like it. The only difference between clones and most characters is that clones have a similar animation. As long as you guys see a visual difference, it's fine right?

I'd be okay with it only if it was a unique Boomerang, like the Magic Boomerang.

Zek said:
Side+B: Picto Box

"Take aim, click, and... You got a sticker! How can that be?!"

That'd be a really cool item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom