• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros For Wii U may be delayed in UK if ordered from Amazon

Hasney

423.gif

The 19th club wasn't even offered that!

Raitaro

The bundle with the adaptor.

I should feel relieved by this but that relief is ruined by the fact that my no frills stand alone copy hasn't been delivered so far today either, while still showing as being "dispatched" on my order list.

Is my case just a fluke then or are there more here that have not yet received their stand alone version?

Hasney

I should feel relieved by this but that relief is ruined by the fact that my no frills stand alone copy hasn't been delivered so far today either, while still showing as being "dispatched" on my order list.

Is my case just a fluke then or are there more here that have not yet received their stand alone version?

Seems like some people from Amazon and ShopTo have had issues with the stand-alone. It's pretty typical from Amazon if that's where you got it from, so hopefully tomorrow for them.

Mine hasn't arrived. Was going to download, but Game are the cheapest for a code (£39.99 I think) but their website is down because of bloody black Friday.

Raitaro

Seems like some people from Amazon and ShopTo have had issues with the stand-alone. It's pretty typical from Amazon if that's where you got it from, so hopefully tomorrow for them.

Fingers crossed then, since mine was from Amazon indeed.

Preordered from shopto months ago. They charge me Monday. No dispatch email and it's not even in the order history anymore. Yet my GameCube adaptor is. Which was sent today.

Don't know what is going on with shopto nowadays. Going to stick with game collection or simply games. Both are cheaper and you'd still get the game early.

That's insane. Give 'em a call tomorrow? I can't fathom on how they could possibly manage to do that. :/
The Amiibo is amazon.. And was dispatched the day after the bundle just to make things worse.
Further salt is rubbed on my wounds as only one of the three GC controllers I have ordered has been sent.

Boy I must've been one of the lucky ones as my game arrived this morning. (Adapter edition).

Got a delay email on the GC controller though which sucks but thankfully I have my old controllers to tide me over. And I'm enjoying using the Wii U pro controller as well.

Plasma

Banned
Didn't get Smash Bros or Persona Q today from Shopto and I also got the email about the delayed GC controller. Wondering whether this is a one time thing or if I should just start buying games from somebody else.

Didn't get Smash Bros or Persona Q today from Shopto and I also got the email about the delayed GC controller. Wondering whether this is a one time thing or if I should just start buying games from somebody else.
This is the first time something hasn't been early for me.. And it's late!:'( my most hyped game ever too:(

Is your order for Smash in your order history? I can't seem to find my Smash order anyone yet have been charged for it.

Hasney

My only other order with them was late as well, Vita Teraway bundle. I don't think they can handle busy days like this since that matched with the XB1 release date too.

Porcile

Damn, seems like I made the right choice by not ordering through Amazon, but I have been boycotting them on pre-orders since Mario Kart.

Hasney

Really hoping one of my adaptor bundles get here on Monday. Just spent an hour returning my Wavebird to its former glory.

XaosWolf

Persona Q, Samus, Kirby and the GC Adapter turned up just now! =D

Fox (the amiibo I actually intended to use) is a no show though, but the GC Adapter was the main thing hampering my enjoyment.

My amiibos seem to be good ones. Kirby's face is on straight and Samus looks like a tiny version of my Figma.

weekev

Banned
Im in UK and my Smash which was preordered in September with guaranteed release date still hasnt arrived. Amiibos came but no Smash. Amazon says its in transit so hoping it comes today.

The postman just came.. nothing. I'm fuming.

Checked the tracking to see which courier is dealing with the parcel? Cancelled my Smash game and GC adapter bundle and controller from them after finding them at retail, but my Amiibo's were being handled by Yodel. Who deliver anywhere from early morning to 4 in the afternoon. Got my Mario and Fox amiibos towards the end of that timeframe.

Checked the tracking to see which courier is dealing with the parcel? Cancelled my Smash GC adapter and controller from them after finding them at retail, but my Amiibo's were being handled by Yodel. Who deliver anywhere from early morning to 4 in the afternoon. Got my Mario and Fox amiibos towards the end of that timeframe.

Mine's on Shopto so its Royal Mail first class. Not happy.

Hasney

People earlier were saying the ones who got theirs on Friday got a second post much later with the game. Small hope.

People earlier were saying the ones who got theirs on Friday got a second post much later with the game. Small hope.

Do those people get second post on a normal day though?:(
Edit: I just Googled it and it seems not, maybe I'll get something later.. maybe.

My mate got an email saying the adaptor bundle would be delayed till 19th, they offered him £3, he started talking some e-commerce law stuff, they gave him a £40 voucher.

Tattooth

My mate got an email saying the adaptor bundle would be delayed till 19th, they offered him £3, he started talking some e-commerce law stuff, they gave him a £40 voucher.

Could he maybe post the transcript of the chat? I haven't even ordered the game, but £3 for almost a month delay is gross.

Raitaro

Im in UK and my Smash which was preordered in September with guaranteed release date still hasnt arrived. Amiibos came but no Smash. Amazon says its in transit so hoping it comes today.

Yeah nothing for me yet either (Amazon pre-order, stand alone copy)...quite bummed out about it. There's no tracking for my order and no carrier information, so I don't many options for finding out more. I'll just have to be patient I guess and hope it arrives later today and not on Monday when I have no time to play it.

If only we could still just walk into a store and buy it on release day without hassle. Game UK charges a 5 pound "tax" on every game, which I refuse to pay, and might be out because of pre-orders anyway; Tesco's Nintendo shelves give you instant depression as they have pretty much no games in stock, let alone new releases (and no amiibo's at all - still amazed by how little Nintendo seems to care about improving their family appeal here in the UK by working with supermarkets on such items).

Edit: It DID come in just now, with the regular Royal Mail man in fact! Fingers crossed for anyone out there still waiting.

Edit 2: Why oh why did I buy this game in the first place? I don't seem to like it at all (as a single player game at least - since I don't have any gaming friends and don't really care for online competitiveness). I'll not divulge why here, but in summary this series might just not be for me. Now off to that "I don't get Smah Bros." thread of some time ago...sigh...

The Nintendo Store website had it yesterday (game and adapter) and now it's out of stock. Glad I ordered it when I did despite the extra £5 it cost.

Finalow

so that's why they didn't fucking ship it yesterday or today.

I didn't even get an email and I'll probably get this one week later or so since I'm not from the uk.

thanks.

Devil

So did Nintendo fuck up? It seems like there are many regions in Europe where the adapter bundle was shipped much too late, no matter for which retailer. I (in Germany) ordered from Saturn and they told me that for whatever reason that Nintendo and Saturn arranged it so that they don't get any bundles on stock at all, but just order them individually for online orders.

Well, according to the DHL page my bundle was only sent yesterday morning... Of course it won't be on time for release the same day, what the fuck happened there? Apparently it is still not even in my city yet. I probably won't get the game until Monday. Fuck this.

Yeah it did, but I'm not sure that means anything. For me the Bayonetta 1+2 bundle was delivered separately to the normal post and thats a smaller package than this was. Who knows how they decide to deliver stuff.

Interesting. But after not getting it yesterday I doubt it will come today.

Not happy. Not happy at all.

Devil

They pulled the release date forward a week seemlingly without notifying any retailers until it was announced to EVERYONE in a Nintendo Direct.

of course they fucked up

And still the same retailer I ordered the bundle from has a huge amount of the normal versions in their stores, selling them since Wednesday. It's not like the bundle had a different release date. Cube Controllers and Amiibos are on stock as well. That's just strange.

I just want to know who to blame, the retailer or Nintendo, to tame my anger.

Semajer

Got my two Smash + Adapter bundles yesterday.
Got 9 of my 12 amiibos today.
Got my Persona Q today (though it should have arrived yesterday.)

My standalone adapter was posted yesterday.
My Gamecube controller is still processing.
My Smash + Gamecube controller bundle is still trapped on the bloody preorder screen.

All of this is from ShopTo, and it's the first time they've let me down so badly.

That sucks, sorry man. Probably best to not get your hopes up today, don't think Royal Mail deliver very late on a saturday. I bet it'll come on Monday.

I'm not free to play it until Tuesday so that's going to be really annoying.

Complete bollocks, 3 days to deliver an item with first class and it still isn't here.

weekev

Banned
Yeah nothing for me yet either (Amazon pre-order, stand alone copy)...quite bummed out about it. There's no tracking for my order and no carrier information, so I don't many options for finding out more. I'll just have to be patient I guess and hope it arrives later today and not on Monday when I have no time to play it.

If only we could still just walk into a store and buy it on release day without hassle. Game UK charges a 5 pound "tax" on every game, which I refuse to pay, and might be out because of pre-orders anyway; Tesco's Nintendo shelves give you instant depression as they have pretty much no games in stock, let alone new releases (and no amiibo's at all - still amazed by how little Nintendo seems to care about improving their family appeal here in the UK by working with supermarkets on such items).
In exactly the same boat and feel exactly the same way about Nintendo in UK supermarkets, their lack of presence is what is causing low sales in the UK.

Sillverrr

As I said earlier, dunno where my copy of the game + gc adapter from base.com is either. Posted on Wednesday via 1st Class, no sign of it so far. The postie even delivered a parcel today (no weeekend round usually), but it was a frigging frying pan my mother ordered.

I don't like to criticise someone else's profession, but it seems to me that unless you post something on a Tuesday, the postal service is not guaranteed to deliver it before the following week. I mean, that's pretty poor when you consider 1st Class, but I was literally told by the local post office, anything bigger than a letter, they don't concern themselves with delivering it next day.

At least with Amazon you know you're gonna get compensation; I've never dealt with base before, so I hope it's not lost in the mail.

Top Bottom