• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros For Wii U may be delayed in UK if ordered from Amazon

Hasney

Holy shit, my Smash Bros with adaptor from GameSeek that I ordered yesterday afternoon is here right now. That's fucking incredible and an awesome surprise.

Amazon UK. They said that my order was partially sent and gave me an ETA of Wednesday (no voucher code though), so I assumed the worst. But it's here now, which is a nice surprise.

Oh OK, I'm glad you have it!:)

Still nothing for me which suggests it definitely won't be coming.

Rich!

hm, my gamecube adapter still hasn't shipped yet. it still has an estimated delivery date of Monday 1st. So I asked an amazon rep what was going on:

Thara:Thanks.
I see that the estimated delivery date for your order is on 1 December 2014

Me:Yes, however the item hasn't shipped yet - so it won't arrive on Monday. Just wondering, when can I expect to see it dispatched?

Thara:Your item will be dispatched within 24 hours.

Me:even considering it's now past posting time on saturday?

Thara:Yes.

hmmmmmmmm.

So we can blame this on Nintendo or the retailers here at this point?

Shopto order's still "processing", yeah probably gonna preorder less from them now, not like their prices were competitive anymore =/

hm, my gamecube adapter still hasn't shipped yet. it still has an estimated delivery date of Monday 1st. So I asked an amazon rep what was going on:

hmmmmmmmm.

Being dispatched usually means ready to go and sat at the doors of some warehouse waiting for a van to pick up the load.

I would think Royal Mail would do a collection from big companies over the weekend but to actually get it to your house, no idea.

hmmmmmmmm.

Being dispatched usually means ready to go and sat at the doors of some warehouse waiting for a van to pick up the load.

I would think Royal Mail would do a collection from big companies over the weekend but to actually get it to your house, no idea.
Amazon uses their own logistics service instead of royal mail now, but doubt they have people delivering on Sundays as well.

Ricky 7

Holy shit, my Smash Bros with adaptor from GameSeek that I ordered yesterday afternoon is here right now. That's fucking incredible and an awesome surprise.
I just recently discovered them as well and I'm am really impressed so far. If you pre-order games from them you get them a day or 2 early. I got my Smash bros + GC Adaptor from them on Thursday whilst Shopto still hadn't shipped it yet.

Finalow

Amazon UK. They said that my order was partially sent and gave me an ETA of Wednesday (no voucher code though), so I assumed the worst. But it's here now, which is a nice surprise.
you do live in uk though.

the ones who don't are probably crying right now. /rip

I even had to send them an email to tell them that I didn't even get any email to being with.

Well I've just put an order in at Games eek as no where is Leeds was selling the game with the adaptor or the controller. I'll leave the amiibos for when they turn up at Game as I have about £130 credit with them.

Rich!

hm, still not dispatched.

jb1Vj7ZMMeK3d5.png

Do I have any hope of it turning up tomorrow? I guess there's still a remote chance it could be dispatched tonight/tomorrow morning.

at least it's not cancelled or delayed...

Zalman

Honestly, the stock issues are almost everywhere. I think this one is on NoE, not Amazon or ShopTo. They can't ship what they don't have.

Hasney

I've just got an e mail to say the game+adaptor is on pre order but will release next Friday. I'll keep it live or does anyone have a suggestion of anywhere else?

I was talking about the Amiibos, but yeah, they had about 4 of the adaptor and Game combos for pre-orders only in the morning.

Rich!

oh, I got an email from amazon today:

Hello,

I'm writing to follow up our recent chat conversation.

I've checked your order # BLAH BLAH BLAH and we're still waiting for the following item(s) to be delivered to us by our supplier.

We'll dispatch your Scheduled Delivery by a next day service, usually 1 business day prior to your estimated delivery date.

We still expect to deliver your order by the date listed in Your Account: 1 December 2014 .

None of it makes sense. They're clearly not going to get it to me for tomorrow, so why are they fucking around? Everything the CS rep has said above is simply bullshit.

Rich!

oh here we go

Suganya:Hi Rich.
I'm sorry to know that your order is not yet dispatched.
I'll check this for you.
Please give me a minute or two while I check this for you.
Me:thank you
Suganya:Thanks for waiting.
I've checked and see that the item is temporarily out of stock

well, thanks for letting me know. I'm now going full on apeshit at them

cluderi

FYI my bundle order is still showing delivery for the 1st, obviously that isn't going to happen so now I'm just waiting to see when they'll get around to updating it.

*EDIT*

They changed my order at 2:37am on delivery day, I'm now part of the 19th crowd and all I got was an automated email.

Rich!

Argos have stock of the Smash bundle online (not in stores).

I ordered mine last night, phoned up today to check and its being shipped out later!

It's £54.99, but you get £5 back as a voucher immediately afterwards. Also, if you desperately just want the gamecube adapter you can sell the game to CEX for £30 cash, which means it only cost you £20.

The date on the site is still 5/12/14 but the rep I spoke to said thats just an error and its being shipped out today anyhow.

This is the second time Argos have come to the rescue for me, the first time being sourcing me a Wii U Mario Kart 8 bundle back in May at very short notice after Tesco fucked me over with my order.

cluderi

Lol, I saw the item at Argos and placed the order earlier. Just rung to check and the nice lady told me they don't keep stock for online and it would go to "their supplier" to be fufilled (I didn't ask who their supplier is, hopefully it's not NOE). It could be that their supplier is a big warehouse run by Argos and they just tell people that to avoid getting into big discussions about stock levels. Worth a shot I guess, she said I should know more in 24 hours once they've tried to source it and supply a delivery date.

All this just to play Nintendos big release for the holidays.........

Rich!

All this just to play Nintendos big release for the holidays.........

I don't even want Smash Bros. I just want the adapter to use with GameCube games on my Wii U through Nintendont.

I guess now I've ordered the bundle I might as well keep Smash Bros if it does in fact arrive.

weekev

Banned
Still havent had my "guaranteed" day 1 Smash. Complained to CS and they extended my prime membership for a month free of charge. 3rd time this has happened to me this year. Other 2 were Hyrule Warriors (got £5 credit for apology) and Disney Magical World (got £10 credit for apology).

I know people will say Im crazy for still using Amazon but Im cool with getting money back for their incompetence.

smuf

I preordered the Smash+Adapter bundle from Zavvi. It still says it'll be shipping on November 28th.

Dizzy

Banned
So on the 29th I got an email from amazon saying my GC controller is estimated to be delayed until December 19th.

Yesterday I got an email sying its dispatched. Oh well cant complain.

I've been playing with my old GC controller recently and as much as I love the pro controller,the GC one feels more natural cor smash. The sticks seem a bit loose on the pro controller. Not sure why the adapter needs 2 usb ports though.

Rich!

The sticks seem a bit loose on the pro controller. Not sure why the adapter needs 2 usb ports though.

One cable (black one) supplies data and enough power to operate all four ports, and the second one supplies the extra power required for rumble for all four.

You don't need to use both if you dont care about rumble.

Got my game and adapter today. Controller is due to arrive tomorrow.

Not ideal but way better than December 19th. Got a £10 voucher of it too for the delays

My Smash + adapter arrived on Friday from Amazon fine - Just got a dispatch notification from amazon for my smash gamecube controller saying it'll be here tomorrow.

Zoracka

My preordered game + adapter is still not dispatched from Amazon.co.uk !

It says delivery estimate 2nd-4th of December, and I can't remember if Amazon takes into consideration that I live outside UK. I just hope it comes soon enough, because this item is literally sold out everywhere I've seen.

:(

Porcile

I just saw that Amazon themselves are selling the Smash GC controller for £50! Not even some scammy third party seller. Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Fuck me.

Rich!

For those of you in the uk searching for Smash with the adaptor, I took a gamble and ordered it from Argos online over the weekend. I was a bit unsure because Argos aren't exactly known for reliable stock monitoring but it just turned up and was packaged very well.

Here's the link: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/320332.htm

yeah, I posted about argos just above. but still...amazing news that it turned up, because I ordered from them on Sunday!

mine should be here tomorrow then! was it royal mail that delivered it?

By the way if anyones after a Gamecube controller without amazons inflated prices, GAME in Lakeside had them in stock for £25 each, I'm guessing most other stores will too.

Rich!

By the way if anyones after a Gamecube controller without amazons inflated prices, GAME in Lakeside had them in stock for £25 each, I'm guessing most other stores will too.

Nah. Buy from cdjapan. They are £10 there, and there's a white model too.

budpikmin

yeah, I posted about argos just above. but still...amazing news that it turned up, because I ordered from them on Sunday!

mine should be here tomorrow then! was it royal mail that delivered it?

Ah, I didn't realise it was already posted. I'm not sure because my wife was at home for the delivery. She said it came in a large shoe box sized package and that they wrapped in incredibly well. The guy on the phone yesterday said that they actually use a courier for their larger items so maybe make sure your home for the delivery.

I've had a nightmare getting this thing. I did actually have one on launch day from shopto but it was battered beyond relief and I sent it back. The same happened to my pikachu amiibo box. They seem to just be shoving items in oversized jiffy bags and throwing them in the post these days :-/

Rich!

Ah, I didn't realise it was already posted. I'm not sure because my wife was at home for the delivery. She said it came in a large shoe box sized package and that they wrapped in incredibly well. The guy on the phone yesterday said that they actually use a courier for their larger items so maybe make sure your home for the delivery.

I've had a nightmare getting this thing. I did actually have one on launch day from shopto but it was battered beyond relief and I sent it back. The same happened to my pikachu amiibo box. They seem to just be shoving items in oversized jiffy bags and throwing them in the post these days :-/

awesome.

when did you order it? I ordered sunday afternoon.

Top Bottom