• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#SmashTheRecord - Super Smash Bros. Melee Weekend Charity Event - August 22-25, 2014

Cody_D165

Banned
ijTiZ7m.jpg

What is #SmashTheRecord?
Gaming Knights, Orlando's scene for Super Smash Bros. is hosting an event where Gahtzu, a member of GK will be playing for 48+ hours to break the Guinness World Record for "Longest Video Games Marathon Playing a Fighting Game."

With the help of the community, and many others like Mang0, Mew2King, Hungrybox, GimR, D1, we're aiming to raise $5,000 over the weekend St. Jude Children's Research Hospital playing Melee!

What can I expect from the stream?
Expect to see a lot of awesome Melee gameplay and commentary, including tournaments for doubles and singles, a salty suite, and a lot of random awesome Melee moments. Since there are four days to work with, the tournament will also include a number of wacky side events, including but not limited to Giant Melee, 1v1 Pokeball battles, Stamina mode, and challenges provided by the Twitch chat.

Rumor has it that if the stream reaches its goal of $5000 in donations, Mango and Mew2King will face off in a 26-character Ironman Crew Battle using every character in the game!

Where can I watch?
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

Where can I donate?
Use this link to donate to St Jude

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
They're doing pokeball fights now. Awesome commentary. more pokeballs more pokeballs more pokeballs

Cody_D165

Banned
These pokeball matches are hype.

Who won doubles?

Hbox + Plup edged it out after Mango and Colbol reset the bracket against them. Ended up being a 3-2 second set, very close. Mango was playing Falcon the whole finals which was fun to watch.

Tomohawk

The pokemon ball tournament was a nice change of pace. I hope they have things like iron man crewbattles and lowtier crewbattles.

Cody_D165

Banned
There's currently a 64-man Rock Paper Scissors bracket being streamed.

20XX is here.

Donations are over goal and still rising at $5902!

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Tons of donations coming in right now. Went from 6k-ish to over 10k in a few minutes. Spurred by Ali-A donating $1337.

Top Bottom