• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SMB:BB gamespot review

castle007

Banned
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supermonkeyballbananablitz/index.html?q=monkey ball

The Good: Single-player game makes intuitive use of Wii Remote; incredible variety of multiplayer minigames; gameplay initially more approachable, but can still present a potent challenge; gives series much-needed visual makeover.
The Bad: Lack of camera control can be frustrating in some boss battles; quality of multiplayer minigames wildly inconsistent; single-player game a little short.

excellent score!!!! Must buy

Isn't it strange controls have ONLY been a problem for EGM? I seriously think they just suck at the game and their review was unjustifiably low...And it's lowering Monkey Ball's average on GR...

Zoramon089 said:
Isn't it strange controls have ONLY been a problem for EGM? I seriously think they just suck at the game and their review was unjustifiably low...And it's lowering Monkey Ball's average on GR...

well, it'll be at 78 as soon as it's added

Mar

More fuel for an EGM / 1up fire ;).

It was a good review and backs up what I've been concerned about. That the single player element isn't as fleshed out as it was in the previous titles. A shame. As I'm one of the rare Monkey Ball players who prefers the single player modes to the mini games.

Still, my most anticipated game release for the remainder of this year. I'll be finished this game before Zelda even gets a spin in my Wii.

{Mike}

Banned
Damn this game title! I always wet my pants cause I think it is about Super Smash Bros Brawl, which has the same letters or almost, SSMBB.

ksinghsf

Sounds great, definitely picking this up at launch. I wish some sites would try and review some of the minigames though. Here's hoping that Monkey Target is every bit as good as it was in the past two games...

yeah. we've only seen one monkey target level. i want to know how the cannon compares to the ramp... i want to know more about the minigames.

definately looking like a great launch title for monkey ball fans though.

Easy_G

Labombadog said:
I dont know which game I should get. Super monkey ball or Rayman. Hmm soo hard to choose.

The one thing that would make me lean toward Super Monkey Ball is that it's single player seems like it would be a bit better. I'd imagine that Rayman's minigames could get tedious without other people around. Just speculation though.

Labombadog said:
I dont know which game I should get. Super monkey ball or Rayman. Hmm soo hard to choose.

Ya :/ Still torn between the two. I care more about the mini-games than the Monkey Ball game itself, and Rayman is strictly mini-games, plus the crazy characters are funny.

I'm not liking what I'm seeing from some of the screen shots. All I wanted was a true sequel to the first Super Monkey Ball, without all the platforming BS that plagued the second one.

WTF are boss battles?

Why couldn't they just take the first Monkey Ball, added 100+ more levels, and upgraded the graphics. Why couldn't they just do that???

Someone please convince me that this will be as good as the first.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
NintendosBooger said:
I'm not liking what I'm seeing from some of the screen shots. All I wanted was a true sequel to the first Super Monkey Ball, without all the platforming BS that plagued the second one.

WTF are boss battles?

Why couldn't they just take the first Monkey Ball, added 100+ more levels, and upgraded the graphics. Why couldn't they just do that???

Someone please convince me that this will be as good as the first.

The first one was so good because you were mastering a new game style and control method , by the time the second one turned up we'd become so good at it that they had to resort to the cheap 'luck' levels to keep the difficulty up and add pointless gimmicks like the VCR buttons.

This one will be all about learning and mastering a new control method again, so the experience should be much more like the first game.

Yeah the boss battles will probably be a very annoying interuption, but I can live with that. This is Monkey Ball 3 by Nagoshi and AV, a game I thought we'd never see, and you can see the level of polish from the videos. I have total faith in this :)

Top Bottom