• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snake Pass |OT| Snake Had A Hard Life

Officially releases here in Aust. on the 28th which is a couple of hours... The wait is unbearable. Need more games!

Edit: Wait, 28th is today! Where the hell is it!? *angry emoji*

Poppyseed

Is it just me or is the selection of Switch eshop games already amazing?!

As much as I complained before launch, I'm super happy so far...

Shovel Knight Treasure Trove, Setsuna, Zelda, Binding Of Isaac, Voez, Fast RMX.

Looking at the score aggregators, heck... did any other system have as high-scoring a set of launch games?

BooJoh

Why would they update the eShop on a thursday for a game that releases today.

That's what they said, but as far as I know Nintendo has never done a midnight eshop release before, which is why some people were skeptical.

I wouldn't stay up for it at this point.

eShop usually updates at 12PM ET/9AM PT on Thursdays for digital titles. For retail titles they usually go up at the same time on their release date if third party retail, or Midnight ET/9PM PT for first party retail.

I think they've made occasional exceptions to the Thursday release schedule for high profile digital games, especially to maintain parity with other console release dates, but the only time I can think of that a third party title has gone up around midnight was MH4U, and that was likely so that people buying the MH4U edition N3DSXL at midnight could redownload after system transfers.

Expect this to go up on Switch at Noon ET.

Cerium

eShop usually updates at 12PM ET/9AM PT on Thursdays for digital titles. For retail titles they usually go up at the same time on their release date if third party retail, or Midnight ET/9PM PT for first party retail.

I think they've made occasional exceptions to the Thursday release schedule for high profile digital games, especially to maintain parity with other console release dates, but the only time I can think of that a third party title has gone up around midnight was MH4U, and that was likely so that people buying the MH4U edition N3DSXL at midnight could redownload after system transfers.

Expect this to go up on Switch at Noon ET.

Thanks for the details.

I probably won't be able to get into the game until tomorrow night then unfortunately.

As much as I complained before launch, I'm super happy so far...

Shovel Knight Treasure Trove, Setsuna, Zelda, Binding Of Isaac, Voez, Fast RMX.

Looking at the score aggregators, heck... did any other system have as high-scoring a set of launch games?

And this is considering two things

1. Virtual Console isn't even out yet
2. We have access to the Japanese eshop

Exciting times ahead indeed.

Spades

Switch version is nice - played a few levels in bed last night. Controls feel good - not too clumsy - although it takes a bit of getting used to. Love the art style in this game.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cant wait to hear impressions on the Switch build - might get it as well.

Genio88

Is it just me or is the selection of Switch eshop games already amazing?!

Meh, i love my Switch, though besides Zelda(game of the decade to me) there are not many other great new games there, most are old games which i either already played, or i'm not into being 2d indies, this game Snake Pass for example, dosn't look so great to me, so right now only upcoming release i'm into is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, i wish they released it earlier, releasing Arms instead for end of April/early May

Meh, i love my Switch, though besides Zelda(game of the decade to me) there are not many other great new games there, most are old games which i either already played, or i'm not into being 2d indies, this game Snake Pass for example, dosn't look so great to me, so right now only upcoming release i'm into is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, i wish they released it earlier, releasing Arms instead for end of April/early May
Welcome to most console launches.
I wasn't interested in a single console this last generation (XB1, PS4, Wii U) for at least the first year because of how little console exclusive games were coming out for them (I have a PC for all multiconsole games).

The Switch has actually been pretty decent to me if just for the fact that it had a massive, great Zelda game at launch. I think Snake Pass looks great (and I hope the Switch version is great) and I'll probably get the Lego City game and I'll probably start using the Switch as my goto for all good Indie games (like Stardew Valley eventually).

And it helps the Switch came out in a practical gold rush of quality games for other systems, so even if I do run out of stuff to play for the Switch it's not like there aren't a lot of other game I could be playing across all the other consoles.

ASIS

Oh man Switch is half the frame rate? So it's really a question of performance VS portability.

I know it would come down to this ever since we heard about the Switch, but I thought the sacrifices would be for resolution, not frame rate.

I kind of want it on Switch just because it's still a brand new console but this is a dilemma.

King_Moc

Banned
Oh man Switch is half the frame rate? So it's really a question of performance VS portability.

I know it would come down to this ever since we heard about the Switch, but I thought the sacrifices would be for resolution, not frame rate.

I kind of want it on Switch just because it's still a brand new console but this is a dilemma.

I thought it was just ps4 pro that does 60fps?

M3d10n

It has 1/4 the horsepower of the Xbone, not a shocker is it?

Is it locked 30 at least? Sub 30 would be total shite
From what I saw at GDC, it looked a solid 30fps in both docked and handheld mode, which I found surprising because the graphics looked quite good.

The game is slow paced, so 60fps is more of a bonus.

Cerium

Regular PS4 and also Pro in 4K are apparently 30fps. Only Pro at 1080p is 60fps.

This seems like a pretty slow paced game, so as nice as I'm sure 60 fps looks, I'm hoping it will be perfectly playable. I love the Ratchet and Clank series and I've never had a problem playing them at 30fps (like the Vita version of 1-3, or the recent PS4 remake).

I'm just hoping it's a fairly stable 30 without major drops.

ryushe

Nothing about this game looks interesting.........

That said, I'm still picking up since David Wise composed the soundtrack. Hopefully, I'm pleasantly surprised.

What I am surprised about is this only being 30fps on base PS4 (and on Pro in 4K). Game doesn't look all that demanding, from the videos at least.

hotcyder

lmcksFZ.png

:|

danowat

Banned
Looking forward to hearing some more impressions about this, it brings back good 'ol memories of Snake Rattle & Roll on the NES!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I have a PS4 Pro and I'm not one to go for 4K at every turn. I'll still get my 60FPS.
Choices, choices.

It just depends what you want, this isnt some fast paced twitch finger platformer, this is what people are describing as a "chillax in bed while playing" type of game

pswii60

The thing that's putting me off is that it only has 15 levels, which seems like very little for a game like this. How long does it take to complete a level?

danowat

Banned
The thing that's putting me off is that it only has 15 levels, which seems like very little for a game like this. How long does it take to complete a level?

I think there is also a time trial mode as well?, that would add a bit of replayability.

ASIS

It just depends what you want, this isnt some fast paced twitch finger platformer, this is what people are describing as a "chillax in bed while playing" type of game
I suppose. Fine I'll get it for Switch if the reviews and impressions are good. Seems short too which is a good thing.

Tntnico

Is the Xbox version HDR ?
I'm torn between Xbox and Switch for this game ...

If the Xbox version has HDR I'm sold !

FelipeMGM

It depends on your skill and what you are going for (just completing or getting all the collectibles).

But an example, I played for exactly an hour yesterday, got most of the collectibles from the first realm (4 stages), and the game says my progress is at 21%

Rodin

What happened to "Switch is 1080p docked"? They didn't have enough time to optimize it and dropped the resolution?

Buying on PC then, best graphics/res/AA/60fps. It's a no brainer.

It depends on your skill and what you are going for (just completing or getting all the collectibles).

But an example, I played for exactly an hour yesterday, got most of the collectibles from the first realm (5 stages), and the game says my progress is at 21%
Are you enjoying it?

Manoko

What happened to "Switch is 1080p docked"? They didn't have enough time to optimize it and dropped the resolution?

If it's indeed not in 1080p, that'd be because stock Tegra X1 happened.
You won't have games this graphically intensive at 1080p on Switch.

Top Bottom