• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Finally got my Amazon shipping notice. Was one of the Hawaii people who had theirs canceled, then re-ordered. Least they made good on their promise.

They have always come through in the end for me.

Did anyone order one from Amazon.FR? It said mine was expected to be delivered by the 14th this month but it's not here yet. I'm hoping it got delivered in an actual box, or I'm sure it got stolen if it didn't.

Yup mine was due to arrive on the 14th also but came around the 10th. It was in a box, albeit a beat to shit box. Luckily no damage.

evil ways

Got mine from amazon.fr, outer box was crushed to hell but at least the Snes arrived minty fresh.

IIwWp0R.jpg

Westonian

Walmart order still exists. Technically.

With all the restocks retailers have seen there's no reason Walmart can't fulfill these. They're willfully not fulfilling them at this point.

Ahhh Amazon how i love thou. So i ordered a SNES classic off of UK amazon to the US. They had shipped my SNES and i received it about a week ago. Today i realized that on Amazon UK site it still says my order is in transit, meaning its past the date my order was suppose to be here. I talked to an Amazon rep and they told me they were sorry and gave me a full refund. There must have been a mistake somewhere along the lines. I basically received a free SNES classic. Can't complain...

Kalnos

Banned
Ahhh Amazon how i love thou. So i ordered a SNES classic off of UK amazon to the US. They had shipped my SNES and i received it about a week ago. Today i realized that on Amazon UK site it still says my order is in transit, meaning its past the date my order was suppose to be here. I talked to an Amazon rep and they told me they were sorry and gave me a full refund. There must have been a mistake somewhere along the lines. I basically received a free SNES classic. Can't complain...

That's a shitty thing to do.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

So you stole money from Amazon.

Westonian

Go you? Lying is cool, I guess. I'm glad your integrity is worth a whopping $90 give or take.

....might want to think a bit more before you post that.

xVKynXY.png

br3wnor

Lol Jesus dude, that’s some shady shit, hoping you’re young and this isn’t adult behavior.

Chance

Every one of you having preorder nightmares have my genuine sympathy, but... I just had to post my way-too-fortunate SNES Classic procurement experience.

I'm well-known at my local EB Games. I've been going there for years and the staff know me. My preorder numbers have dropped off a lot since Overwatch came out, but they still know me to see me, and tend to be nice.

So I'm on the way to the Zoo with the fam and I decide to swing by on launch week, just to see if they've got any beyond their preorders. No, this dude tells me, but he promises to put aside one if someone fails to pick up their preorder by the cutoff date, and call me. Cool!

So I proceed to the Zoo. Halfway there, my phone goes off - it's The Dude. He's got one for me! Alluva sudden! Okay! So we enjoy the Zoo, and on the way home I stop by EB and purchase a brand new SNES Classic, the Thursday of launch week, without a preorder.

Having paid, I place the thing beside me on the counter and say "okay. So this is my older brother's Christmas present. Now I would really, really like to have one of these. Any chance you got a second one..?"

No, says The Dude, but he promises to call me if any preorders aren't picked up.

My brother's SNES Classic remained sealed. It. Was. KILLING ME, but I love my brother, so whatever.

Last week, on Tuesday, I call my EB just to see if they got a shipment in. "We did," says Some Other Guy, "but we're all sold out. You could try That Other Store, I know they just got a shipment."

"Could I get their number?"

No dice at That Other Store. Oh well. So I finish my day at work an I'm strolling down the street outside my office and my phone goes off. It's The Dude.

I go into the store, The Dude sees me and immediately walks to the back of the store. Some Other Guy greets me and asks if there's anything he can help me with. "He's got me," I say, pointing in the direction The Dude went.

The Dude comes out out of the back with an SNES Classic.

"Where was that?!" Some Other Guy demands. When I'd called earlier, he'd had no idea there was one of these things in the store because The Dude had hidden it so well. Dude did me a real solid. Twice.

So TL:DR: I was able to score 2 SNES Classics with literally no effort on my part beyond cultivating a positive reputation with the folks at my local GameStop.

goodcow

Walked into a small scale urban Target in Forest Hills, NY yesterday, and they had three of them on the shelf. Got one for a friend. Already had mine from the Target.com pre-orders.

Fox Mulder

Walked into a small scale urban Target in Forest Hills, NY yesterday, and they had three of them on the shelf. Got one for a friend. Already had mine from the Target.com pre-orders.

I still haven't seen it anywhere, even went hunting recently Monday and Wednesday morning. Will probably just pay a scalper.

Wow, that's really something to brag about on the internets.

modsbox

Has anyone out there with one of the infamous August 22nd walmart.com orders had any luck?

Mine is still in it's Preparing, arriving Friday Oct 6th state, but they have now authed my credit card 7 times, including twice in one day which triggered a temporary fraud hold on my credit card.

If they think I'm cancelling the order or calling about it they are crazy, but it still baffles me. What was so special about the Aug 22 orders that they are fine to neither honor them nor cancel them?

Fxp

We're visiting Porto and local Fnac had several machines for sale. Looks like it's freely available in continental Europe?

Has anyone out there with one of the infamous August 22nd walmart.com orders had any luck?

Mine is still in it's Preparing, arriving Friday Oct 6th state, but they have now authed my credit card 7 times, including twice in one day which triggered a temporary fraud hold on my credit card.

If they think I'm cancelling the order or calling about it they are crazy, but it still baffles me. What was so special about the Aug 22 orders that they are fine to neither honor them nor cancel them?

I'm still waiting on my 8/22 as well bro

Ernest

Banned
Still can't find one - feels like I'm the only one who hasn't.

Guess I could get one on ebay for $150, and while I can afford that, the principle of it keeps me from doing so.

Still can't find one - feels like I'm the only one who hasn't.

Guess I could get one on ebay for $150, and while I can afford that, the principle of it keeps me from doing so.

$150 is cheaper than retail here in Sweden.

It’s restocked at most retailers here as well as of Thursday and friday. After the first release was sold out even at more than double the US msrp.

$180 or more is the retail price here including the 25% sales tax/VAT.

I have got an extra one from ThinkGeek that I ended up with when Amazon truck suddenly showed up in NYC.

Paid $92 for it with tax and shipping, if you are NYC local you can take it for $100 even. Pm for info.

ido

my wal-mart has 4 of these, but they haven’t been on my radar at all. will these be difficult to get and in demand for christmas?

because i may pick up a couple of them for gifts this year to save myself the hassle.

Demigod Mac

Update on 8/22 order from Walmart... CS Rep said they are looking to fulfill all of these orders by late November and not to worry about the multiple CC charges.

GeekyDad

They're real! They're NOT a myth! Actually saw three of them at my local Wally World. And one came home with me. Very excited! Been peeking into the electronics department there for weeks every time I swing in for groceries. Finally paid off. Will be sitting under the tree this Christmas.

modsbox

Update on 8/22 order from Walmart... CS Rep said they are looking to fulfill all of these orders by late November and not to worry about the multiple CC charges.

I finally just cancelled my 8/22 order. They had authorized my credit card 9 times, two of those times causing my card to be placed on temporary hold due to other charges happening at similar times.

I called today and they essentially told me they have no plans to honor the order as they no longer sell the item online. They told me to buy it in a store.

Perhaps they would have eventually shipped it to me but at this point I'm so angry at the way they handled this that I'd rather buy it from anywhere else. They won't send any of the units they are receiving to walmart.com orderers because they want people to come into the store, so instead they auth everyone's cards over and over for months? And they happily sent 8/25 walmart.com orderers theirs within a few days of launch? Screw them.

chargermoss

Neo Member
I missed out on the first wave and now they're sold out everywhere.
Any pointers where I can get one?

Don't want to resort to paying an inflated price on ebay

natjjohn

I walked into a GameStop asked fully expecting a no, and got the last one.

May have gotten lucky, but had haphazardly looked/asked around if out and at a spot that would carry. Think you just got to ask around at the expected spots (GameStop, Target, etc.).

neonglow

I missed out on the first wave and now they're sold out everywhere.
Any pointers where I can get one?

Don't want to resort to paying an inflated price on ebay

If you don't want to pay eBay, you'll have to do the legwork and visit stores. Use stock trackers like InStockNow or Brickseek to know when stock comes in at your local Target or Walmart.

Online ordering is just a shitshow with so many people trying and bogging down websites.

Grok4Spock

That is some high level thievery there.. Your parents must be proud

chargermoss

Neo Member
If you don't want to pay eBay, you'll have to do the legwork and visit stores. Use stock trackers like InStockNow or Brickseek to know when stock comes in at your local Target or Walmart.

Online ordering is just a shitshow with so many people trying and bogging down websites.
Thanks, I've signed up as Target/Walmart isn't an option for me, but https://www.hotstock.io seems to be the best stock tracker so far as it alerted me when the others didn't

I randomly walked into a GameStop at the mall today and just asked when they would have any SNES in stock. The guy says they have 1 left. So I bought it.

Then I casually walked to target and they also had 1 SNES classic in stock. Didn't buy it but I guess they're common now.

Biske

Today after work, around like 6 I waltzed into walmart, they had 2 in stock in the case, bought one.

They also have every Switch SKU. Truly a golden time to be alive.

Alcibiades

Yesterday I saw 4-6 on the Target shelves and almost bought one. Seeing so many I assumed they were common and wouldn't be hard to find.

I walked in today intending to buy one after all, and they were all gone.

I should have checked Ebay prices before walking away from the opportunity, but at this point I hope Nintendo keeps them at a steady flow into next year because I can't see myself paying over $100 for one.

Loaded Man

For anyone living in the NYC area, Nintendo World store has regular stock that seems to hold up for 5+ hours. Yesterday I walked in around noon (stock was on sale as of 9am) with no lines and picked one up for a friend. Today they are selling classics as of noon so I would expect stock to be available until after work hours.

MrBlonde

I still cant find one, Walmart today was supposed to have them online at 2 EST. I was there right at 2, the box was orange and when I clicked it the site said they were sold out so basically they were available for half a second.....Really sick of Nintendo's crap with these consoles.

Ben_T

Neo Member
I’m just hoping the NES Classic release next year is just as plentiful as the SNES Classic has been.

I got my third SNES Classic from the Target Red Card sale a couple weeks ago. So 1 from camping out at Walmart on release, another from the second (and first legit) online preorders from Walmart, and the final from Target. The last 2 are Christmas gifts for my 2 sister-in-laws.

Biske

Yesterday I saw 4-6 on the Target shelves and almost bought one. Seeing so many I assumed they were common and wouldn't be hard to find.

I walked in today intending to buy one after all, and they were all gone.

I should have checked Ebay prices before walking away from the opportunity, but at this point I hope Nintendo keeps them at a steady flow into next year because I can't see myself paying over $100 for one.

I think the stock will be better this time around, but even then going in to the holiday season, if you want one and see one, best strike while the iron is hot.

Fox Mulder

I still cant find one, Walmart today was supposed to have them online at 2 EST. I was there right at 2, the box was orange and when I clicked it the site said they were sold out so basically they were available for half a second.....Really sick of Nintendo's crap with these consoles.

I'm bidding on a snes classic on eBay right now, fuck it.

Top Bottom