• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Mini Classic Thread | No preorder or shipping discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Just got confirmation that I will receive a launch unit. If I want it at fucking $200...

If I could be sure that there would be more EU shipments so I could get one from a country where it's more sanely priced I would cancel my Swedish pre-order in an instant.

muteki

Ars Technica article on the SNES Classic

On using an SNES controller on the NES Classic:

So Y/B will be uncomfortable on the NES, but X/A is still a reasonable option.

Its nice that they recognized the issue of using a 4-button pad to play nes games with the default configs, but it is still suboptimal.

If I'm doing this on PC or somewhere else where I can control the mappings, SNES Y should be NES B, and SNES B should be NES A.

KayMote

I think I have never actually asked this, so even if it may sound stupid: is the size of the controller the exact same as it was back then with the original console? Also, to the people who already one at hands: how is the quality (especially the Dpad)?

I think I have never actually asked this, so even if it may sound stupid: is the size of the controller the exact same as it was back then with the original console? Also, to the people who already one at hands: how is the quality (especially the Dpad)?

It's identical to the original in size, feel, quality, everything. Just like the NES Classic controller was. This is a big part why these systems are such a good buy. 100% authentic controllers
with shorter cables

It's the same. From the previous it looks almost identical in terms of build quality. If the NES Classic controllers are any indication the controllers are going to be top notch.

I liked the NES Classic case made by the other manufacture, which I can't remember their name. This one looks really bulky and cheap.

RDS Industries. Their NES case was beautiful. Haven't seen any word as to whether they're making an SNES case but if they do, that's the one I'd consider getting. The PDP case is pretty unsightly IMO.

KayMote

It's identical to the original in size, feel, quality, everything. Just like the NES Classic controller was. This is a big part why these systems are such a good buy. 100% authentic controllers
with shorter cables

Great news, thanks! Now, I'm REALLY looking forward to all my Super Metroid runs.

I liked the NES Classic case made by the other manufacture, which I can't remember their name. This one looks really bulky and cheap.

I'm surprised they didn't make a SNES Classic case. I wanted this one to be consistent with my NES Classic and Switch cases with the red logos and trim.

That Hori pad doesn't have a home button, right? Missed opportunity if true.

This PDP case looks pretty interesting.

KWl6pqT.jpg

I Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed itttttttt

Beartruck

The japanese version doesn't get EarthBound, Kirby's Dream Course, Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting, Super Castlevania IV, or Super Punch-Out!!? Japanese version is trash compared to the US version.

The japanese version doesn't get EarthBound, Kirby's Dream Course, Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting, Super Castlevania IV, or Super Punch-Out!!? Japanese version is trash compared to the US version.
Japan gets Panel de Pon (Tetris Attack), which is better than all those games combined.

Crispy

No AC adapter included? What is this? I don't know anything about this sort of stuff. How do I know if I have one that's compatible?

Will my old SNES one work? Should have one lying around somewhere...Can't I just plug the USB cable into my TV for power?

So many questions!

Robin64

No AC adapter included? What is this? I don't know anything about this sort of stuff. How do I know if I have one that's compatible?

Will my old SNES one work? Should have one lying around somewhere...Can't I just plug the USB cable into my TV for power?

Does your TV have a USB port? If so, plug it into that.

If not, you just need one of those standard phone ones.

dealer-

So many questions!

Yup.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Really looking forward to this. I have a pre-order with both Target (US version) and Amazon UK (PAL version) as well as the Hori pad.

Aside from Assassin's Creed Origins and a few other smaller titles, this is like the majority of my console gaming plans for the rest of the year - doubly so once it's hackable.

Surprised there isn't a single shooting game on there. Super Aleste / Space Megaforce, R-Type 3, or Axelay would have been solid choices. I guess Nintendo thinks Star Fox fulfills that criteria?

woodypop

Surprised there isn't a single shooting game on there. Super Aleste / Space Megaforce, R-Type 3, or Axelay would have been solid choices. I guess Nintendo thinks Star Fox fulfills that criteria?
Hmm, that's a good point. No traditional shmups represented. Axelay would have been a really good one to showcase.

No preorder for me... Have plans to head to the nearest target about 3 hours before opening. Need to make sure my portable battery pack is charged, it's going to be a long wait.

I only managed to snag a single NES classic last year and I gave it to my heavily autistic brother... and he never even played it. He just kept using the original. Love my brother, but I won't make that mistake again. This one will be mine.

Rewatching the trailer for this thing, the amount of huge classics it has is amazing. Just missing All Stars, Chrono Trigger, and maybe NBA Jam... But even short those, what's on display is likely a couple hundred hours of single player, and even more multiplayer goodness.

Duffk1ng

All these people shipped and my order on Nintendo's UK site says "awaiting stock".

How can you be awaiting stock, you made the thing dammit.

Area 88 / UN Squadron or Parodius would have been a fine additions too, gotta love dat parallax scrolling.

This works both ways, there are a ton of great games not released on the ntsc snes.

http://www.retrocollect.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=176

"That works both ways"?
Is that like in the US politics discussion, people saying "Both sides"?

The games that were on the US SNES but not on the PAL SNES are cumulatively far superior to those released on the PAL SNES but not the US SNES.
Heck, how many of each of those are on these systems? The PAL SNES Classic is getting games that were released on the original US SNES... Meanwhile, for those original PAL SNES games... umm... anything here?...

P.S. The list in that topic contains many inaccuracies...

I assume my ps4 has to be turned on to give power or is restmode enough? Same question for the switch dock.
It'd be easier than an adapter positionwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom