• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snipperclips: Cut it Out! - First Party multiplayer puzzle game for Switch ($20)

This seems like a perfect digital game. I plan on using this as a game to show off the Switch to friends.

When Pokémon Sun/Moon came out a bunch of us got together and drank and played all day.

I expect to take my Switch to friends' houses and drink and show this off, too.

zroid

Banned
I hope this will be available to play at the Toronto demo event at the end of the month. Really jazzed to give it a go. Will be with a friend too so perfect scenario really.

soultron

Banned
It was one of the best things I saw in the presentation. Grabbing it for me and the wife so we can play together. Price is spot-on. I would've balked if it was $60 unless it had a tonne of content and a bunch of planned free updates.
(If it has that already, it's a bonus.)

watershed

Banned
Watching more videos of this game, Snipperclips is something special. The developers should be very proud and I hope it sells gangbusters. It has the right mix of aesthetic, gameplay, and creativity to be a huge hit.

Chorazin

This is a day one download for my GF and I. I'm excited for Zelda, she's excited for this. Looks adorable and a lot of fun!

zhixson

This game looks fun as hell and the price is nice. Hopefully it has an absurd amount of levels.

This and Zelda are my day ones (or as close to day one as it lands).

This is seriously one of the most creative games I've seen in years. Breaks my heart that I've seen it used to mock the Switch a couple of times already (not on GAF, but elsewhere.)

This is definitely a buy for me, it looks pretty fun. Having the console ready for two players without any aditional purchase is also pretty nice, I'll definitely play this with my niece and my older sister.

KeRaSh

I have to admit I totally ignored this because 1, 2, Switch looks like a boring Wario Ware lite clone and I thought this was more of those shenanigans but this actually looks extremely fun. This is exactly what I wanted for my flight to the States in June. My friend and I could play this for hours if it has enough levels. That would make the 10 hour flight seem like a 2 hour flight.
Still not sure if I want to keep my preorder and actually buy it on launch just for that though...

hatchx

Banned
Oh yeah. Game looks fantastic, I just thought the games had similar aesthetics.

It certainly does, but Freaky Forms just wasn't a strong enough series or brand to force onto some creative young French developers.

Snipperclips looks pretty unique and awesome. Let it be its own IP.

According to Jeff Gerstmann this was a game jam game. I don't think Nintendo themselves created it but they bought it

They didn't create it themselves but it seems like they bought the IP at the very least, if not the "company" that made it, too. It wasn't called SnipperClips originally so the "characters" of Snip and Clip are now Nintendo characters and the development likely had at least some help from Nintendo.

SnipperClips for Smash! Snip and Clip make the cut!

majik13

According to Jeff Gerstmann this was a game jam game. I don't think Nintendo themselves created it but they bought it

Yeah it was called Friendshapes. Which I still think is a better title. Someone posted a video here, in this thread? Right after it was revealed. 2 brothers developed it. Biggest difference in the game now is the shapes are more animated and have more character.

Edit: yep, 2nd post
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=228269854#post228269854

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I just hope it has so many levels.

$20? This seems an awful lot like a $5 mobile game.. it better have a metric shit ton of content

acm2000
20 years dumb

They didn't create it themselves but it seems like they bought the IP at the very least, if not the "company" that made it, too. It wasn't called SnipperClips originally so the "characters" of Snip and Clip are now Nintendo characters and the development likely had at least some help from Nintendo.

SnipperClips for Smash! Snip and Clip make the cut!

looks more like level material than actual characters

I wonder if Nintendo only bought the IP or if they bought the company that made the IP. Because that's big to me if they own another company now.

$20? This seems an awful lot like a $5 mobile game.. it better have a metric shit ton of content

RuQbtOy.gif

looks more like level material than actual characters

I was goofin but I could totally see them be a level, or even an Assist Trophy of some kind. They snip and clip each other into spikes and go running off the stage, stabbing those in their way. Or they "snip" other characters on the stage that they run in front of.

Them not having arms would be quite a hurdle for Smash, unless all their attacks were just turning their bodies into different weapon shapes or something.

XaosWolf

Man if this still has the same stages as it did last I played it then you can look forward to much harder levels.

Trying to get yourself snipped into just the right shaped cog so you can climb a wall was tough. =O

Alpha_eX

I enjoyed 5 mins of co-op in this than 5 mins of Zelda BOTW.

$20 is a steal but don't think this would be half as much fun without a friend.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man if this still has the same stages as it did last I played it then you can look forward to much harder levels.

Trying to get yourself snipped into just the right shaped cog so you can climb a wall was tough. =O

Ahh cool, may I ask something?

In the demo they showed, the two characters can "overlap" to match a puzzle or highlight the area for snipping right? But in the famous gif, we see that the character on top doesn't "overlap" with the character on the bottom, instead it looked like it was digging/snipping onto the character. Does this mean the characters don't overlap if they are on top of each other?

Day 1. Certainly one of the most charming and interesting games I've seen in a long time. I really can't wait to play it together with my gf.

Count me in! This looks fun as heck since you have to actually communicate with who you are playing with, and I could see this having some pretty clever designs hidden in there. I'll go ahead and grab this day 1 as well.

Like Overcooked and Lovers' Spacetime, a game like this would lose all of it's charm with online multiplayer. Nothing has been confirmed, but I'm confident this will be local only.

Not if you use an app on your smart-device for voice-chat and play with a friend!

But I don't think it'll have online either....

BDGAME

When I brought a Switch, that game and Bomberman are instant buy for me.

Looks so much fun. I hope my wife like and play together.

Alpha_eX

I'd put online play down as a negative one, local forces you to get a friend over (or go visit them) and play together. What makes this game great is all the talking and pointing required to solve the puzzle.

Top Bottom