• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snipperclips: Cut it Out! - First Party multiplayer puzzle game for Switch ($20)

Nbz

I get why you'd want to play this in person, but it doesn't hurt to add online. The one friend I'd want to play this with lives in another country, so not being able to play through the internet kills the game for me. I'd rather a lesser experience than no experience at all

Like Overcooked and Lovers' Spacetime, a game like this would lose all of it's charm with online multiplayer. Nothing has been confirmed, but I'm confident this will be local only.
Makes sense. I have no one to play with since I'm surrounded by people who dislike Nintendo.

Anyways it has a one play more, which I can play.

XaosWolf

Ahh cool, may I ask something?

In the demo they showed, the two characters can "overlap" to match a puzzle or highlight the area for snipping right? But in the famous gif, we see that the character on top doesn't "overlap" with the character on the bottom, instead it looked like it was digging/snipping onto the character. Does this mean the characters don't overlap if they are on top of each other?

Correct. You can walk past each other to snip each other, which is indicated by the green overlap, but you can also stand on top of each other. You won't always have to be in the same spot or on the same elevation to finish a level.
This is why you can rotate your body and it makes even the basic snipping mechanic much more of a challenge.

Example: You can cut Pink into a shape better suited for precision clipping, clip Yellow into shape, then restore Pink to their default shape so its easier for the newly shaped Yellow to stand on Pink and get up somewhere.

The gif has some very slight overlap going on when crouching due to the bouncy physics so that's why that shaving can happen. =P

Like Overcooked and Lovers' Spacetime, a game like this would lose all of it's charm with online multiplayer. Nothing has been confirmed, but I'm confident this will be local only.

It's a lot harder to stop a griefing Cook when they're not close enough to be punched. =D

Mr-Joker

Banned
$20? This seems an awful lot like a $5 mobile game.. it better have a metric shit ton of content

People like you are the worse as you have no sense of value of how much a game should cost.

Plus we all know that even if the game was $5 you would still move goalpost and say that this game should have been a free to play game or some nonsense.

They didn't create it themselves but it seems like they bought the IP at the very least, if not the "company" that made it, too. It wasn't called SnipperClips originally so the "characters" of Snip and Clip are now Nintendo characters and the development likely had at least some help from Nintendo.

SnipperClips for Smash! Snip and Clip make the cut!

It's good to see that Nintendo is working closely with indie developers, something that they made great stride in with the 3DS and Wii U.

RamaKun

I remember being skeptical when I first heard about this, but I quickly got on board after watching Treehouse play it.

Then I showed my wife, and while she wasn't sure during the tutorial, she loved watching them tackle the actual puzzles.

Now we can't wait to buy it and play it together. The $20 price tag makes it even better.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I will force my friends to play this game with me. With threats of violence, if necessary. I'm way too excited about this $20 digital-only game.

Any sense of how many puzzles we're talking about? This game looks great, but I fear an Overcooked situation (Great game), where my wife and I burn through all the content and DLC in a matter of a few sittings.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Correct. You can walk past each other to snip each other, which is indicated by the green overlap, but you can also stand on top of each other. You won't always have to be in the same spot or on the same elevation to finish a level.
This is why you can rotate your body and it makes even the basic snipping mechanic much more of a challenge.

Example: You can cut Pink into a shape better suited for precision clipping, clip Yellow into shape, then restore Pink to their default shape so its easier for the newly shaped Yellow to stand on Pink and get up somewhere.

The gif has some very slight overlap going on when crouching due to the bouncy physics so that's why that shaving can happen. =P
Ah cool! I guess that's why the boots/legs are a prominent thing in their design too.

Mokujin

I think this is surprisingly the best game that fits like a glove one of the Switch main features, really fun coop game that you can play even with joycons adequately, and with a cheap price to boot.

When I saw images I was totally meh, but after seeing the Treehouse demo I was totally amazed by how fun that was.

I think this is surprisingly the best game that fits like a glove one of the Switch main features, really fun coop game that you can play even with joycons adequately, and with a cheap price to boot.

When I saw images I was totally meh, but after seeing the Treehouse demo I was totally amazed by how fun that was.

This game is a great example of two players right out of the box.

Number45

This looks great, just the sort of game I could see playing with my daughter! Will most likely pick up this and Zelda when I get a Switch.

Mistle

Finally got around to properly checking this game out, and yeah, great idea. Looks really fun and heaps of potential for puzzles. Nailed the presentation of it.

pswii60

With all the physics involved, it reminds me a lot of LittleBigPlanet - especially the co-op sections. But obviously with the shape cutting angle.

I really like games that encourage local multiplayer and local co-op, in a world where everything is done over the internet it's all good. People should check out Kalimba on Xbox One too if they like this kind of thing.

I'll definitely be downloading this one.

I couldn't stop smiling while watching the treehouse footage, this looks so cute and creative.
I'm glad the big N decided to scoop this idea up and create a charming new IP with it.
I'm definitely gonna try and get this asap.

Jubenhimer

When I first saw this, I thought it was just some throwaway tech demo meant to showcase the Switch's tabletop mode and Joy-Con sharing. But after watching the Treehouse gameplay, it looks like much more than that.

Crazyorloco

Perfect game to play with the wife and daughter. This and Bomberman will be getting plenty of multiplayer action throughout March.

I think the Nintendo Switch has the potential to be the greatest local (couch) multiplayer system.

I'll be getting this too along with bomberman.

plidex

It's digital only.

Day 1 buy for me. I don't care how much content it has, for $20 it's a steal compared to 1-2-Switch.

Cutest game evah. Move over Kirby.

If the Switch would have any game bundled I'd put this on top of the list, it really sells the idea of quick multiplayer that you can just bring to somebody's house casually and have a huge blast. I had 0 interest when they showed this at the presentation, but looooved it when I saw it on the Treehouse stream. At $20 I'm definitely getting this

Roo

I completely ignored this game during the presentation and the Treehouse stream because I thought it looked dull at first.

Big mistake. Decided to watch a video to see what was all the buzz about and I was left quite surprised with how creative and fun the puzzles looked. The guys from Treehouse sure looked like they were having a good time. I understand this game would fly under people's radar who don't play local multiplayer but for someone like me who still has a chance to do it more often than not it seems like the kind of game I'd appreciate to have.

Will definitely keep an eye on it.

watershed

Banned
This is gonna be a funner party game than 1,2 Switch. It supports up to 4 players and is gonna make for extremely fun shouting during drunk gaming parties. The chaos will be amazing.

I completely ignored this game during the presentation and the Treehouse stream because I thought it looked dull at first.

Big mistake. Decided to watch a video to see what was all the buzz about and I was left quite surprised with how creative and fun the puzzles looked. The guys from Treehouse sure looked like they were having a good time. I understand this game would fly under people's radar who don't play local multiplayer but for someone like me who still has a chance to do it more often than not it seems like the kind of game I'd appreciate to have.

Will definitely keep an eye on it.

Pretty much everyone whose played it loves it.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I finally got around to checking out the Treehouse stream of this and...holy shit...am I terrible person for looking forward to this the most of all the Switch titles?

Hopefully it makes launch.

I finally got around to checking out the Treehouse stream of this and...holy shit...am I terrible person for looking forward to this the most of all the Switch titles?

Hopefully it makes launch.
No, it looks amazing. I'll definitely be picking it up on release, hope it's day one.

Plum

I really hope this is ready for launch. There hasn't been any info on eShop titles at launch yet (outside of Binding of Isaac which is also Retail) and Nintendo's page only says "March 2017" so hopefully it's the case.

Top Bottom