• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So 15 years, inflation, a pandemic, and soaring food prices later - What does GAF think of this classic GAF moment now?

Biff

At US CPI inflation since 2008, $30 back then would be worth $42 today.

So yeah $42 for that shit is still unreasonable. But to be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if tons of millennials order an UberEats meal that comes out to $30-ish (incl tax/fees/tip) for a similar amount of food these days.

Tams

What's struck me coming back to the UK is how many adverts have 'price per serving' now. Even what were once semi-luxury bottled sauces.

Vyse

Gold Member
Damn, scrambling for Christmas dinner is the worst.

I use a kamado style grill to smoke, have had it for almost a decade. High learning curve, but the results are always great and you can use it for traditional grilling over hot coals, making it very versatile. Can even do pizza on it to get that fire brick oven experience, I recommend it over any other smoker option.

Might post pictures Tuesday when it’s done.
Nice. Can’t wait to see.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
At this rate it’ll be cheaper to fly to Italy for a few meals.
I was about to post this because for $30 you can still eat so much better at a restaurant in Italy. At the time of the original post you’d eat like a king at any average place for that price. For an Italian that was truly a beggar’s meal, so it was even funnier from here. The presentation is awful and the guy actually paid for the bread loaf, ffs :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Meicyn

Gold Member
Nice. Can’t wait to see.
Had to delay the cook since I was helping my friend pull up his old deck, but it’s finished.

DoA1kPzl.jpg

Vf9hpxVl.jpg

vUgsWKYl.jpg

Was a 16 hour cook, yielded about 12 pounds of pulled pork. Gonna make pork stock with the bones and fat caps. Total cost ended up being under $40.

Vyse

Gold Member
Had to delay the cook since I was helping my friend pull up his old deck, but it’s finished.

DoA1kPzl.jpg

Vf9hpxVl.jpg

vUgsWKYl.jpg

Was a 16 hour cook, yielded about 12 pounds of pulled pork. Gonna make pork stock with the bones and fat caps. Total cost ended up being under $40.
Looks amazing! I’ll be right over!

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

DoA1kPzl.jpg

Vf9hpxVl.jpg

vUgsWKYl.jpg

Can I marry you 💗

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I was about to post this because for $30 you can still eat so much better at a restaurant in Italy. At the time of the original post you’d eat like a king at any average place for that price. For an Italian that was truly a beggar’s meal, so it was even funnier from here. The presentation is awful and the guy actually paid for the bread loaf, ffs :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Having those fever dreams again huh?

Fight Club Hug GIF

SiahWester

You just have to do things yourself. Go to the store or farmers market, buy the ingredients, and cook it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom