• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, about the Drive's EU cover..

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanRats

What the fuck is going on with Ryan Gosling in this film?
His eyes, specifically.

i4Sh3Yj0ehQtK.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005VP822M/

Haven't seen it yet, but this cover is inspiring.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have the skill necessary to hack into Amazon, so yes, but i hope they change it before January (or not).
On one hand I want them to keep it because it's so goddamn amazing, but on the other I don't want to see the trend of terrible marketing for such a good film continue.

I'm wondering how the hell something like this even happens. Is his face a Photoshop composite of different images? Seriously, what in the blazing fuck?

Jay Sosa

Huh?

He's a bit cross eyed (or whatever the right term is) on the cover..and?

Maybe he's doing a Columbo impression, who knows..

UrbanRats

Gosling doesn't have strabism (as far as i know) so why the hell did they photoshopped his eyes? I mean it's a photo, they had to deliberately move his eyes that way (?).
Or maybe he does and i never noticed.

Jay Sosa

Gosling doesn't have strabism (as far as i know) so why the hell did they photoshopped his eyes? I mean it's a photo, they had to deliberately move his eyes that way (?).
Or maybe he does and i never noticed.

That's what I assumed, otherwise yeah it make no sense.

EDIT: Seems that he just has a lazy eye.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I feel like a bit of an asshole now. I just assumed it was a royal Photoshop fuck up.

UrbanRats

Wow, I feel like a bit of an asshole now. I just assumed it was a royal Photoshop fuck up.
Must be enhanced in that cover, because i've seen a bunch of films with him in, never noticing it, in that cover is rather obvious.
Googleing photos now, i can't unsee it though, i don't know what real and what's suggestion at this point.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Must be enhanced in that cover, because i've seen a bunch of films with him in, never noticing it, in that cover is rather obvious.
Yeah, me too.

There are many more flattering images of Gosling from this film that they could have used for the cover.

I've layed over the original photo in PS. They have definitely herped derped him up for this cover. Also notice how the color of the car window is blue on the left side and green on the right side.

The sad thing is that the idiot/agency who did this cover probably makes a lot of money with his job.

UrbanRats

I have a lazy eye and now I feel bad about it.

Thanks.
I don't have a problem with the actor's lazy eye per se, i just don't see why they would ad it in.

I've layed over the original photo in PS. They have definitely herped derped him up for this cover. Also notice how the color of the car window is blue on the left side and green on the right side.

The sad thing is that the idiot/agency who did this cover probably makes a lot of money with his job.
I can understand the lazy logic behind Takers, but this just seem like extra work to me.
Maybe they were trying to fix something in his face and they fucked up, that's the only explanation.
Anyway yeah, not the best work.

Xater

He's working on an extras-loaded special edition.

Well if nothing about the film itself is changed I don't think I will wait. lately I lost almost all interest in bonus materials. For the most part the stuff is just so by the numbers and uninteresting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom