• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, after meeting with many a retailer, Sunday is the day to get a PS4

I ordered the "new year edition" from amazon.ca on the 3rd and it shipped on the 9th. It's worth a shot.

Ugh, I placed my order for the Amazon's New Year Edition on the 6th and haven't heard anything yet. I'm actually an American working in Canada right now. I'm going home for the holidays so if I can buy it from a USA site, I can just ship it to my house. That's why I was asking. Thanks though!

Im lost
No single game is worth $460

There will never be a day where it is worth spending $400 on 1 game. People that do that are loco. I bought a PS4 because I know it will bring me years of games worth playing. Also 1080p games beats the hell out of the sub-hd of PS3/360 games.

I agree, spending $400 on the console for a single game would be bizarre. But it's also bizarre that PS4 stock is selling out constantly, despite the fact that the first must-have game on the system won't drop until March. So much of the demand right now is hype-fueled.

Let's not include games that have incredibly mixed reviews. (Even excluding game critic reviews, could you honestly say Knack is a AAA, must-play game? If you could, I'd be surprised.)

What exactly is the point of this bullshit?

It was worth it when I shared my first clip of Extinction Mode, and when Resogun and Warframe and Blacklight completed their download. Killzone and BF4 are just icing.

I really don't get your goal--best console versions of AAA are out now, why would I not want to play them?

Edit: And he's gone.

Pryce

My Gamestop had 11 this morning. Picked one up. Only one person ahead of me, said they were getting more in Sunday.

11redder

Walmart near me had 3 PS4 and 5 XBone yesterday, first time I'd seen either in the wild, but presumably they are long gone now.

Simo

My local Gamestop store said that per "an event on Sunday" they had quite a number of PS4s available now, and a friend did go and get one, and would have "guaranteed stock".

The same store has been getting regular shipments too and another friend picked one up last week from there and this is just a small store in Michigan. No preorders or reserves necessary.

I stood out in line last Sunday for the Best Buy shipment...just a suggestion based on my experience: Get to whatever store early. The store I was at had 27 units and there were more than 30 people in line by 7:30AM (store opened at 10:00AM). I showed up at 5:20AM and was 3rd in line (the first person showed up at 4:30AM). The freezing cold didn't dissuade anyone.

There will never be a day where it is worth spending $400 on 1 game. People that do that are loco. I bought a PS4 because I know it will bring me years of games worth playing. Also 1080p games beats the hell out of the sub-hd of PS3/360 games.
That's why you should get 2 games.

iJudged

Banned
I actually just got an email from gamestop stating ps4s available extremely limited quantities. Going to stop by on way home to see if they have any available.

Check your local stores. GOGOGO

KMS

Is this the biggest shipment since launch (for some stores) I've heard about?

I'm guessing 500k-800k.

If it's off a boat shipment it could be 300k but no way it's that high(500k+) with the rumored 500k they have for the Asian launch as well.

or you can follow @videogamedeals on Twitter and have it give you alerts on your phone with every new tweet. You would've been notified right when the PS4 went up for sale at Amazon and would've been able to snag one without all that running around. But hey, don't let me stop you.

Jim

Walmart near me had 3 PS4 and 5 XBone yesterday, first time I'd seen either in the wild, but presumably they are long gone now.

Yesterday afternoon the Walmart near me had 3 PS4s in one of those tiny glass cases. Someone bought one pretty soon after.

slapnuts

Sunday's for Church. Sorry.

Same here, but God won't be too upset if you get a PS4 before your service :p

lol yup but God willing, I hope eveyone that ventures out this Sunday finds a PS4. It is a great system and its just so perfect for this time of year atleast for me being in the cold chicago area and having to stay indoors this time of year it is just awesome to have PS4 right now to enjoy. I lucked out and got my PS4 at midnight on blackfriday at gamestop standing in line..i did not think i would get one seeing how far back in line i was but the good Lord made it possible!! lol Yes i did say a prayer standing in line, as silly as it may seem.

Good Luck to all still looking for a PS4. Do NOT give in to those scalpers though!! Just be patient a little longer.

good luck to those that go out today to get one :D

it was snowing and raining over night in MA so I think people that want it will get one today, scalpers/resellers ain't got time for the snow :p

hoserx

Good luck, my fellow Sony Soldiers. Rise up and get your systems! (I'll be playing Resogun in your honor all afternoon while watching the NFL)

Top Bottom