• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So are Sony actually going to show anything during E3 ‘21 or what?

Wait really. Is Xbox new gen exclusive games coming at only 60$ not 70 ?

Don't know us prices but India prices still outrageous.

Most stuff is on preorder ranging from Rs 4k to 7k.

Miss PS3 days when day 1 it used to cost Rs2500. I used to buy everything day 1.

Gamepass is much better bet. For me personally, cannot justify day 1 games otherwise.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Sure, have a read of some of these.
DeS
Returnal
Destruction All Stars
Miles Morales
Astro
Ratchet and Clank
FF

Is the full list that you’ve linked to there.

I had hoped there was some hidden gems in the 85 games you were talking about. Everyone knows about the above. Thanks though.

Last edited:
Sure, have a read of some of these.
1 unreleased game on that list will probably make 2021...Deathloop ..providing they dont delay it again and we dont even know how long its an exclusive for
the rest dont have release dates on it ....i would hope sony releases HZD2 around the same time as Halo but its probably going to be early next year as we have seen no footage of Gow/GT

Shubh_C63

Don't know us prices but India prices still outrageous.

Most stuff is on preorder ranging from Rs 4k to 7k.

Miss PS3 days when day 1 it used to cost Rs2500. I used to buy everything day 1.

Gamepass is much better bet. For me personally, cannot justify day 1 games otherwise.
Yeah I have gone completely rental from Gameloot and then sell afterwards.

I am dreading Elden Ring prices on steam because I need to perm own it. DS3 is still 60$ (Rs. 4300) on steam wtf

Elden Ring looks a generation behind Demon's Souls Remake. It really embarrassed FromSoftware.

Call me crazy but I prefer stuff originally made by From.

DeS Remake has very clean, pristine look. I prefer what From did on PS3. It's grainy, murky look.

Atmosphere is completely gone. Nobody talks about Tower of Latria anymore like they used to.

bitbydeath

DeS
Returnal
Destruction All Stars
Miles Morales
Astro
Ratchet and Clank
FF

I had hoped there was some hidden gems in the 85 games you were talking about. Everyone knows about the above. Thanks though.
Ah, would need to read through the wiki list to find them all.

killatopak

Sorry, I can never keep up anymore whether Bathesda games are good or shit. It seems to vary depending on the topic.

These are both timed exclusives though, as far as I know.
Bethesda, the studio not the publisher, is neither good nor bad in a sense.

They make bad games that eventually turn good. It’s like NMS into studio form.

I’m a HUGE fan of FO and ES but you can’t really excuse the stuff they pass onto fans to fix.

Personally, they’re also on the downturn for me a they keep dumbing down the RPG mechanics in their games. I thought Morrowind was their peak and it was what made me buy an Xbox.

zedinen

Sony expects an even better year for first party games

Sony FY21 FCT

-Increase in revenues from first party titles
-Increase in cost, mainly for game software development

Sony needs to build hype for FY22

Sony FY22 FCT

PS5 22.6M+

u9AyZYD.jpg

HZrs72j.jpg

Shmunter

Whatever and whenever I can only see disappointment coming from this clown outfit.

Broken promises, downright lies, profit before the creative. It just ain’t Sony.

Don’t get me wrong, games will look amazing, but will not be what could have been.

yurinka

Mikey Jr.

As good as Returnal and Ratchet are, Horizon has to drop this year. Flight Simulator, Psychonauts 2, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo is a quality and varied line up.

Do people genuinely like playing flight simulator?

Like actually look at the gameplay.

I think everyone is getting these boners looking at fancy trailers.

Then you play the game, and you're staring at a cockpit for 10 hours.

yurinka

Sony expects an even better year for first party games

Sony FY21 FCT

-Increase in revenues from first party titles
-Increase in cost, mainly for game software development

Sony needs to build hype for FY22

Sony FY22 FCT

PS5 22.6M+

u9AyZYD.jpg

HZrs72j.jpg
I assume this considered GoW being released in 2021. If Horizon 2 really launches in Q4 2021 and GoW launches Q1 2022 numbers will be the ones posted there. If not, the difference between FY21 and FY22 will be bigger.

Some real garbage takes here.

Sony skipped E3 in 2019 and 2020 and so it was no surprise that they skipped it in 2021. It’s just not part of their calendar any more.

Anyone who thinks Sony doesn’t have anything else to show this year is deluded.
Geoff said Sony will make a Death Stranding Director's Cut full reveal in a few weeks, so maybe like last year Sony may have their own summer event. Or who knows, maybe it's only a game specific State of Play.

Now they have EVO, and every year there are fighting game specific announcements there at the finals (August) like new games or DLCs. So who knows, they may use it to announce something related to the genre even if multi (Street Fighter 6 announcement, Tekken 8 announcement, LoL fighting game being released on PS, KOFXV platforms and release date etc).

Who knows, even if not exactly a fighting game, since it's an action game they may show there a GoWR gameplay reveal too plus remind people PS Now features many fighting games (they could announce they'll add more).

Last edited:

KingT731

I have a couple of friends who like it but they've been playing flight sims on PC since the 90s. There's a lot of capping for Flight Simulator because it was received very well(amazing flight sim/great graphics) but 95% of people don't actually have the patience to play it. Realistically without Game Pass I doubt most people would even be talking about it.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member

I say the same about Minecraft yet it is the biggest game in the planet.

Daymos

Elden ring will be played on my ps4 pro, Sony already won e3.. and for some reason I feel like I must kill CHAOS on PlayStation!! (I want to buy that game on sale just to laugh at it, I was already laughing myself to tears over the memes)

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Why are some games only 3 months exclusive? go for a year atleast.
I’d rather there was no timed exclusivity at all.

And I’m not being rude, but it must be a bitter pill to swallow if you have a PS5 and want to play Psychonauts 2 but you’re locked to the PS4 version. I can see that Double Fine are fulfilling their Kickstarter promise, but Bathesda are pumping out PS5 updates for TES and Doom Eternal, why not DF?

Rudius

DeS
Returnal
Destruction All Stars
Miles Morales
Astro
Ratchet and Clank
FF

With the exception of Destruction All Stars, all those games are great. Review scores are relevant if you have full trust in the competency of game journalists. (lol)

Sure lol.
No think about it, Horizon, GOW Ragnarok and GT7 were all supposed to be this year, 2 have been delayed. Unless Horizon makes this year that's 3 AAA games delayed. They will have to get some 3rd party exclusives, other than that the only AAA game exclusive is Deathloop. They've had a great start but it's not looking good for the rest of the year unfortunately.

Papacheeks

Banned
No think about it, Horizon, GOW Ragnarok and GT7 were all supposed to be this year, 2 have been delayed. Unless Horizon makes this year that's 3 AAA games delayed. They will have to get some 3rd party exclusives, other than that the only AAA game exclusive is Deathloop. They've had a great start but it's not looking good for the rest of the year unfortunately.

They were not all slated for a definitive 2021 release. Things change. Kena is out in August, and we have not seen Sony's state of play yet which will have some surprises for end of the year.

I love you are like" it's not looking good for the rest of the year" as in wtf has Microsoft put out of any note from internal or exclusive third party? End of this year you get Halo, Forza Horizon, for your big titles. With the Back4 Blood being on a gamepass an awesome bonus.

How can you make this inference and we have not seen what Sony has planned? God of war was never going to be 2021, it was what is called in the industry as a tentative release date. As in it's meant to change and is not a lock.

Horizon will get a date soon more than likely December. If it does slip into 2022, that also means there's more SOny has planned for fall. May not be first party for this fall.

FranXico

And I’m not being rude, but it must be a bitter pill to swallow if you have a PS5 and want to play Psychonauts 2 but you’re locked to the PS4 version. I can see that Double Fine are fulfilling their Kickstarter promise, but Bathesda are pumping out PS5 updates for TES and Doom Eternal, why not DF?
Their parent company explicitly blocks any playstation port for which there was no commitment prior. Zenimax probably had agreed on those next-gen updates prior to being bought.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Probably not at this E3 but probably in a few weeks.They might be doing that to avoid being swallowed in all the gaming news from E3,which ironically this year has been REALLY empty.
But let's be honest here who here was thinking this E3 was gonna be great?
Every year I was excited for E3 knew the dates and hours of every conf but this year?I barely knew when it was even a week ago.
This may also be linked to health issues that I have going on but I never really felt hype for this E3 and boy was I right.
So far that of all that's been announced yet I can remember Lost Ark western release and that's about it everything else has been underwhelming at best.

Kerotan

E3 this year feels like the worst E3 of all time. No hype for anything beyond enthusiast forums. Sony were right to not single handedly prop up the show and carry the hype.

Instead they'll have their own show in a few weeks.

Kerotan

Sony didn't attend E3 2019 or E3 2020 and at the same time released more (very high quality) games than anyone.

Underestimating them at this point is straight up delusional.
Fanboys will cling to anything for hope.

E3 has waned in the past couple of years, to be honest.

This year has perchance been the most lackluster showing in recent memory. The Square Enix conference was one of the worst things I've seen.

For Sony, they've long since shown they don't really need E3. They have a ton of things coming down the pipe and their strategy of State of Play and waiting to do their own thing has paid off dividends.

I'm pretty sure they'll have a State of Play coming up in a couple of weeks to showcase many things. Final Fantasy 16 has exclusivity(and probably FF7R Episode 2), so I wasnt shocked to not see them at the Square conference.

In addition, though it could be Kojima trolling, those were pretty obvious hints of a MGS Remake. Also, he said full reveal of Death Stranding is in a couple of weeks, so I expect it at the State of Play.

We were all quick to put Sony on blast for their silence last year, but they ended up coming through on their own time. They'll do the same this year.

Sony isn't needed to "save E3". E3 is only really still kept alive by Microsoft, honestly. It's a shadow of what it once was.

Some real garbage takes here.

Sony skipped E3 in 2019 and 2020 and so it was no surprise that they skipped it in 2021. It’s just not part of their calendar any more.

Anyone who thinks Sony doesn’t have anything else to show this year is deluded.
There wasn't an E3 in 2020 fool.

They skipped only one E3 before, after flute playing and forcing everyone to change venues

Last edited:

nbkicker

To be honest do they really need to show anything at this point in time, e3 has been a waste , all the shows have been poor to mediocre, nintendo only needs to show something new and gameplay and they could take best presentation of e3, although if sony showed the psvr2 off and gow gameplay sony would take e3 win for me this yr, but i think sony wont come out with a load of big hitters when no one else has really wowed so far

yurinka

Looking at how humble visuals of the Series X/PC version are on their trailers, there's 0% need of getting a PS5 version. The only noticiable change would be the loading times.

Last edited:

yurinka

Not only Horizon 2 and Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo will be released October 2021 on PS5. They also have a strong indie (timed) exclusive lineup with Kena, Stray, Jett, Solar Ash, and so on plus the typical marketing deals with AAA games like CoD, FIFA, GTAV next gen (with GTA Online free stuff for PS+) and so on. Pretty likely Death Stranding Director's Cut will be available this year, and they recently released Ratchet, Guilty Gear Strive and FFVIIR Intergrade. And well, they also will have the big multis like Far Cry 6, Battlefield 2042 and so on.

With GT7 and GoWR delayed to next year, their H2 2021 won't be stellar but will still be very solid.

Not only Horizon 2 and Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo will be released October 2021 on PS5. They also have a strong indie (timed) exclusive lineup with Kena, Stray, Jett, Solar Ash, and so on plus the typical marketing deals with AAA games like CoD, FIFA, GTAV next gen (with GTA Online free stuff for PS+) and so on. Pretty likely Death Stranding Director's Cut will be available this year, and they recently released Ratchet, Guilty Gear Strive and FFVIIR Intergrade. And well, they also will have the big multis like Far Cry 6, Battlefield 2042 and so on.

With GT7 and GoWR delayed to next year, their H2 2021 won't be stellar but will still be very solid.
Horizon 2 isn't looking likely is it? Multiplatform is irrelevant.

SaucyJack

There wasn't an E3 in 2020 fool.

They skipped only one E3 before, after flute playing and forcing everyone to change venues

They weren’t attending the physical E3 that was planned and were also skipping the virtual E3 replacement that ultimately fell through. The fact that the event was cancelled doesn't mean the weren’t already skipping it anyway.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
2 months?
Pretty much it sums up narrative in neogaf in the past 2 months.
Not gonna lie. I fell for it. Rumors had me convinced MS had bought Bluepoint, the MGS IP, and KojiPro. Of course, Sonys own muck ups like their cross gen stance, MLB going to gamepass and PS3 and vita store closings didnt help, but it almost felt like there were bandwagon rumors created just to feed off of those other screw ups.

After seeing what Playground has done with Forza Horizon 5's amazing photorealistic environments, I am hopeful that we will see GoW look absolutely stunning. Probably even more than Horizon FW. Maybe even photorealistic.

Synless

Hot take, I expected something good from the Xbox conference and got games that were already announced or known and gameplay footage that did not wow. Sony showed Horizon a couple weeks before E3 and it looked better than anything shown at E3 this year. Sony doesn’t need to show anything at E3, it’s a dead event, has been for years.

Top Bottom