• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Avengers and Game of Thrones is ending soon.. will you be alright?

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
will you have to take off of work when your favorite character dies?

will your emotions be in check?

or will you just move on with your life?

Mihos

Gold Member
Avengers isn't ending, not even close.

There is even Thor 4 stories going around right now for 2022. We have Spider Man in like 2 months.

Last edited:

TheUsual

Gold Member
I've only seen 4 or 5 MCU films and the last one being Infinity War...it would've been great to end it all there. Thanos completed his objective and life simply moves on. Again, barely seen any of the films (the first Captain America, Black Panther, both GotG movies, and Infinity War).

GoT: just want to see how it all ends.

GoT: just want to see how it all ends.
Spoiler alert: George R R Martin has a heart attack on the toilet from pushing too hard. The remaining books are given to a Mormon author known for a young adult series about a bunch of teenagers fighting against an oppressive and nonsensical society. He finishes the book series by copying what the tv show did, but without any sex, violence, or blasphemy. People spend the next thirty years arguing over how the books were supposed to end. In an effort to curb the inevitable violence from this argument, the government starts to become increasingly oppressive and nonsensical, after which a group of teenagers attempt to fight back, but are killed instantly because teenagers are stupid.

kunonabi

Endgame is pretty much the end of the MCU for me. I'll probably catch the sequels to the pre Captain Marvel stuff but I dont care about Shang Chi, the Eternals, CM2, Far From Home or Black Widow.

Endgame is pretty much the end of the MCU for me. I'll probably catch the sequels to the pre Captain Marvel stuff but I dont care about Shang Chi, the Eternals, CM2, Far From Home or Black Widow.
I agree. They may continue with films and tv shows. But my interest with the MCU ends along with this story.

Kadayi

Banned
Not too fussy about the MCU. I enjoy the films, but tbh Infinity War was a huge step up as far the films go, so I'm interested to see how that concludes, but I'm not holding my breathe that it's going to be amazing balls and the whole late introduction of Captain Marvel feels like a misfire. I'm not sure beyond Endgame I'll care that much, although I am excited about GoTG3 still happening as I enjoy those films and characters a lot.

As for Game of Thrones. I'm looking forward to the conclusion because I want to know how the story ends, but at the same time dreading it because we've spent a long time with these characters and learnt to love them and now it's all coming to a head and their particular story is done.

On the positives. I'm interested to see how the Spin-off fares although I'm not sure how far along that is in terms of production. :unsure:

Also, we do have The Witcher Series from Netflix confirmed from Q3 IIRC, Season 4 of the Expanse coming later this, plus Amazons LOTR series at some point. :messenger_beaming:

I really don't care to be honest. Game of Thrones is loosely based on the books and there is so much cut out that I can't be bothered to care. I feel like End Game is going to be a huge letdown for a lot of people. All this hype and I guarantee it'll be 10 - 15 minutes of action at the end.

Helios

Haven't watched GoT since Season 6 and have no interest in coming back.
Don't really care about MCU.
I think I'll be alright.

dont care about marvel/avengers and im ready for GoT to end...Thrones has turned to shit imo. hit me with some new fantasy shows. ie WoT and the new LoTR series

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Lots of good shows still out there and more coming.

Foundation, LOTR, wheel of Time, etc. Lots of amazing stories still to be told.

Jon Neu

Banned
And there are 4 spin offs of Game of Thrones in the works already.

I would love a show with the squishers as the bad guys instead of the white walkers.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Avengers isn't ending, not even close.

There is even Thor 4 stories going around right now for 2022. We have Spider Man in like 2 months.

Thor 4 doesn’t mean it’s the current Thor though. If Thor dies he will be replaced, along with Iron Man and Captain America.

Ovek

7Member7
My favourite character died at the end of the last season Petyr Baelish and he died in the shittiest way possible.

Kadayi

Banned
Somebody else is literally finishing the series before him right now.

I know but with the writing of the books he's a little bit more fussy

iorek21

GoT has been getting worse and worse since Season 4, not really going to miss it

As for the MCU, I believe phase 4 will be even better with the X-Men, Fantastic 4 and Deadpool coming to the party

Doom85

Only part of the MCU is wrapping up, there's still a ton left to do with the universe.

Haven't even caught up to Game of Thrones (left on S3) so not really a big deal right now.

I don't even consider Avengers to be "ending." Yes, the current roster may be changing. Yes, the Thanos arc will end, but we will get plenty more Marvel superhero movies, whether they use the Avengers name or not (and I think they still will, we still have plenty of Avengers storylines to explore)

With GoT ending maybe I finally get around to reading the books

Cybrwzrd

Banned
will you have to take off of work when your favorite character dies?

will your emotions be in check?

or will you just move on with your life?

I know that after mid May, I can die a happy man. Well, until the next shiny thing comes along to give me meaning.

Say, when does the next Westworld season start?

Last edited:

juliotendo

Avengers isn’t going away. Disney has to sell action figures.

Game of Thrones won’t go away. HBO will likely do a bunch of spin-offs to keep subscribers. It’s HBO’s most successful series ever in history.

Papa

Banned
The main Game of Thrones series will wind up but we will get endless spin-offs, don't worry. I'm sad that Breaking Bad ended, but I'm loving Better Call Saul. It will be the same with GoT.

Avengers I give zero shits about because I stopped watching superhero movies a long time ago.

If Bitch Larson is the face of MCU going forward then endgame will be the end for me. And i'm ok with that to be honest. I'm tired of super heroes.

I like the hype surrounding GoT. It's an event. I think the show itself is a little above mediocre. Specially since they ran out of book material.

JimiNutz

Banned
Hmmmm.
I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the MCU. On the one hand I can't deny that its cool to see so many comic book characters faithfully adapted for the big screen. On the other hand a lot of the movies are unremarkable and 'cookie cutter'.

That being said the Russo Bros make the best MCU movies and I'm interested to see where they take the story after Infinity War (although am also worried that they may ruin that awesome ending). I think I'm def some after Endgame though and will only watch the odd Marvel film in future.

Game of Thrones is a much superior story in my opinion. The show has provided me with many more hours of quality entertainment than the MCU with far more shocking and epic sense than anything Marvel have produced. So losing it will be a bit of a blow.

There's no denying that the quality has dipped though and I'm worried they are gonna fumble the ball at the end.
I really want to see how it ends though and I'm interested in the upcoming spin off shows so I'm not really gutted about that ending either.

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
Of the two I don’t care about avengers much, I’ll watch it when it comes on streaming services but won’t be pressed at all. I like the movies fine I just don’t find comic book heroes that entertaining. GOT I really liked and have watched it all from an HBO go sub that was a free trial so I’m waiting until I can watch season 8 but not pay actual money. I watch so little television that it isn’t worth paying for to me.

Top Bottom