• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So does anyone think they'll make more SaGa games?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
...and localize them? :D

I've never been much of a SaGa fan, but I LOVED Romancing SaGa. That, my friends, is some good shiznit, and if you haven't played it, you need to. I want more :(

Personally, I'm a fan of Unlimited SaGa(the soundtrack alone was worth it), and I'd love to see more SaGa games(or even an untouched port of Unlimited SaGa to PSP), but if there are no more releases of SaGa games in the US, I wouldn't be surprised. The games are just too demanding for today's crowd of casual gamers that are frightened by games that take more than a little effort to understand... especially those who gave up on Monster Hunter because Yian Kut-Ku(aka, the absolute weakest wyvern) was too hard, whose idea of a "challenge for real gamers" is defeating Deadbeard/Dullahan on the Golden Suns.

It's nice to know that Squaresoft/SE still knows how to tickle hardcore gamers' fancy after seeing what happened to FF games, but it's totally imaginable that they'd have no inspiration to keep 'em coming overseas... heck... continuing with Romancing SaGa was a bold act of pure devotion after how poorly USaGa was received.

More would be nice, but I think I should concentrate on completing all of the character quests on what we have.

duckroll

As long as Kawazu is on the Square Enix board of directors, there will be more SaGa games for better or for worse. The series also sells very well in Japan, so it's a no brainer. :D

I'd love to see remakes of SaGa 2, SaGa 3, Romancing SaGa 2, and Romancing SaGa 3. I have a feeling if there were remakes, they'd end up on DS. From what I heard a year ago, the SaGa team was working on a game, but it was far from being completed, so we might hear something about it next year.

I absolutely love the Romancing SaGa remake on PS2 and enjoyed the SaGa Frontier games. I didn't find Unlimited SaGa to be as bas as what some said, but I still had problems with balancing issues in battle (like enemies not losing LP when I attack tons of HP).

I still remember the Romancing SaGa 4 hoax. I really wished there was a Romancing SaGa 4 for PS2.

I was also apart of the SaGa group created, when Romancing SaGa came stateside, until it shutdown.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Romancing Saga:Minstrel Song is GODLY so I hope so!

:bow Kawazu :bow

JayDubya

Banned
Hrm.

This series started on Gameboy and was called Final Fantasy Legend, right?

I liked FFL2 quite a bit, the first and third not so much, and when I rented SaGa Frontier, I really, really hated it.

Recommendations? What's good and came out stateside and can actually be found in stores?

Or what never came here but can be played with an emulator and fan translation?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I don't know what it is with Saga games but I buy them, play through 1/3 of them and never play them again. Yet I keep buying them...

;_;

Top Bottom