• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection is going to be a thing

Takao

Banned
Ultimate Butouden was sssoooooo good, so of course it was the first Dragon Ball Z game in 15 years to not get localized, with the developer shutting down shortly after release.

NeonZ

Thank GOD I got this before the Yamamoto music scandal.

Fuck this collection. Not the complete trilogy and butchered music. I knew this would happen ugh. Also, why the hell have Budokai one?!

Probably due to all the 3d cutscenes in the story mode that no other DBZ game really even attempted to match afterwards.

Anyway, I don't understand why Spike never just made a Tenkaichi 4. It's like they want to fail and kill the DBZ franchise, considering their efforts this gen.

blind51de

Banned
Oh
my
god,
the composer ripped off multiple songs from the SAME ALBUM? FOR MANY ALBUMS?

Ugh, so why isn't this collection including Budokai 2? Was there something fundamentally wronger with that?

DeVeAn

Am I seeing this wrong, or did you steal my avatar? lol
Edit: I guess not? I don't know, it's showing up as my avatar on my phone, but not my PC. Witchcraft.

I'd buy it if it's $30 or less. Budokai 3 was the best of the series, right? I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

No way bud I made my avy lol. I say if you have a nice PC use the ps2 emulator and play Budokai 3 with the original score its great and will be in HD.

Revven

Ugh, so why isn't this collection including Budokai 2? Was there something fundamentally wronger with that?

B2 is really just a worse Budokai 3. Budokai 1 at least has some differences with what specials are available for characters (lots of the side characters have similar special moves, for instance in B1), the story mode is cool, the What-If story mode scenarios are cool, and it's the one people praise the most for its story mode. The only thing wrong with B1 is the combat and that's due to it being the first in the series.

B2... let's see.
-Story mode is a board game, people hated it. It was an alternate universe kind of story which... no one really seemed to like.
-Visuals aren't as clean as B3, it was the first to introduce cel-shading, however.
-Ultimates included having the players spin the sticks (otherwise burn your palm of your hand) to win (defense or offense).
-Pretty much has the same roster as B3 minus some characters that B3 introduced.
-Ki system is still not perfect
-Fusion system introduced but it is also quite ass (barely any time at all for Gotenks/Tiencha), save for the Potara fusions

I think that's about all I can think of that was wrong with Budokai 2. Budokai 1 has its issues with the combat and Ki system as well but what makes it different enough from B3 is the lack of those features and also how much different the combat plays out. Budokai 2 is really just not as well liked. Aside from the What-If fusions, there's really no reason to play it when you have Budokai 3. With Budokai 1, there's multiple reasons to play it, from Story Mode to certain special moves only existing in that game to certain transformations only being in that game (Super Vegeta/Super Trunks for example).

Had it been decently received, I'd think it would be included. But nobody seems to like it that much (though I guess it wouldn't have hurt to include it anyway).

Takao

Banned
Officially announced for North American release "this winter"
Comic-Con Trailer (it's really just a rebranded Japan-Expo one)

XqZtx.jpg
namwC.jpg

mTCxa.jpg

AIlMH.jpg

ZQPKQ.jpg

Kdc7H.jpg

s5qa0.jpg

lAaQy.jpg

OiwXN.jpg

pl9Qb.jpg

eRaEn.jpg

nbtoP.jpg

GICkA.jpg

hGHDt.jpg

GNbis.jpg

Zee-Row

Banned
Is Budokai 1 gonna have Rock the Dragon or Cha La Head Cha la? I'd like to finally see a dubbed version of Cha La Head Cha la.

segarr

Original Budokai looks like Play-Doh.

I can't believe that's ps2. Granted it was probably early on in the system's life but, so was TTT so...

Dreamcast fighters like SC and DOA2 absolutely crap on that

edit: seems the DC launch game VF3TB even owned it

Eiji

I can't believe that's ps2. Granted it was probably early on in the system's life but, so was TTT so...

Dreamcast fighters like SC and DOA2 absolutely crap on that

edit: seems the DC launch game VF3TB even owned it

Atleast the GC version of Budokai 1 was more bearable graphically.

does anyone remember how hard it was to beat omega shenron in budokai 3? it was a really tough fight. the other part to that fight which was frustrating was that it it was confusing to get that scenario to even activate, im not sure but if you missed it you had to replay the adventure mode up to that point to try and activate it again.

also, i thought it was pretty neat that fusions lasted for such a short amount of time. Though i always wanted to play as super saiyan 4 gogeta in for a full fight, was there any way to do this?

One thing i hated about budokai 3 is that they messed up the release of the greatest hits version where many of the copies never had the alternate outfits like trunks with the long hair or gohan and goku in the vegeta armor. I spent a lot of time trying to unlock it before i found out that I couldn't. Has there been any word on which version of budokai 3 is going to be included in this hd makeover?

does anyone remember how hard it was to beat omega shenron in budokai 3? it was a really tough fight. the other part to that fight which was frustrating was that it it was confusing to get that scenario to even activate, im not sure but if you missed it you had to replay the adventure mode up to that point to try and activate it again.

also, i thought it was pretty neat that fusions lasted for such a short amount of time. Though i always wanted to play as super saiyan 4 gogeta in for a full fight, was there any way to do this?

One thing i hated about budokai 3 is that they messed up the release of the greatest hits version where many of the copies never had the alternate outfits like trunks with the long hair or gohan and goku in the vegeta armor. I spent a lot of time trying to unlock it before i found out that I couldn't. Has there been any word on which version of budokai 3 is going to be included in this hd makeover?

Yeah, I think you had to do an optional series of events at the tail end of a second playthrough of Goku's story mode in order to get that fight.

They haven't said whether or not they're using the Greatest Hits version yet. I hope so, though.

Top Bottom