• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Evo is basically cancelled.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Haven't been following it - what did it in? Racism, sexism... some other -ism I'm not privy to?

Either way, haven't found Evo particularly "fun" in over a decade.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Well if there's a silver lining, at least this means Skullgirls fans have been cucked out of yet another Evo.

wBSyBwh.png

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
but what did he do? what are the allegations?

Joey Cuellar, the president of the fighting game tournament organizer Evo, was placed on administrative leave following an accusation of misconduct involving underage gamers, the company announced late Wednesday.

“We are aware of the accusations made against Joey Cuellar. The behavior in these accusations runs directly counter to EVO’s mission of building a safe, welcoming environment for all of our players and attendees,” the company said in a statement. “We take this responsibility seriously. Accordingly Joey has been placed on administrative leave pending a third party investigation.”

Late Wednesday, a Twitter user who identified himself only as Mikey (@PyronIkari) accused Cuellar — a longtime figure in the gaming world who goes by the nickname and gamer tag Mr. Wizard — of inappropriate behavior toward him and other underage boys in the 1990s and 2000s in Southern California.

The accuser said he met Cuellar through the West Coast gaming group known as the Fighting Game Community (FGC) at arcades like the Southern Hills Golfland in Stanton, California, that used tokens to pay for games. According to the accuser, Cuellar “would pay people hundreds of tokens to do things like take off their clothes and jump in the water hazard pools for certain amounts of times. 99% of the time, it was young boys.”

Mikey added, “For all the boys (out of recollection 12-16) it was like 10-15 minutes, we HAD to be in our underwear (under the reasoning that it would be colder) and they were always challenges at the time so we couldn’t prepare change of clothes, towel, or anything like that.”

In addition, Mikey accused Cuellar of manipulating him into showing Cuellar his genitalia to settle a $20 bet about its size. “I was only 17 at the time,” Mikey wrote. “This is what happened to me nearly 19 years ago. I recognize how stupid I was in the situation for not realizing it, even though I also recognize how it’s not my fault for not being able to recognize it.”

Cuellar did not immediately respond to requests for comment through Evo.

MayauMiao

Joey Cuellar, the president of the fighting game tournament organizer Evo, was placed on administrative leave following an accusation of misconduct involving underage gamers, the company announced late Wednesday.

“We are aware of the accusations made against Joey Cuellar. The behavior in these accusations runs directly counter to EVO’s mission of building a safe, welcoming environment for all of our players and attendees,” the company said in a statement. “We take this responsibility seriously. Accordingly Joey has been placed on administrative leave pending a third party investigation.”

Late Wednesday, a Twitter user who identified himself only as Mikey (@PyronIkari) accused Cuellar — a longtime figure in the gaming world who goes by the nickname and gamer tag Mr. Wizard — of inappropriate behavior toward him and other underage boys in the 1990s and 2000s in Southern California.

The accuser said he met Cuellar through the West Coast gaming group known as the Fighting Game Community (FGC) at arcades like the Southern Hills Golfland in Stanton, California, that used tokens to pay for games. According to the accuser, Cuellar “would pay people hundreds of tokens to do things like take off their clothes and jump in the water hazard pools for certain amounts of times. 99% of the time, it was young boys.”

Mikey added, “For all the boys (out of recollection 12-16) it was like 10-15 minutes, we HAD to be in our underwear (under the reasoning that it would be colder) and they were always challenges at the time so we couldn’t prepare change of clothes, towel, or anything like that.”

In addition, Mikey accused Cuellar of manipulating him into showing Cuellar his genitalia to settle a $20 bet about its size. “I was only 17 at the time,” Mikey wrote. “This is what happened to me nearly 19 years ago. I recognize how stupid I was in the situation for not realizing it, even though I also recognize how it’s not my fault for not being able to recognize it.”

So much for core values.

The ones preaching about this is almost always the worst kind of people.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Jesus fucking Christ.

2020 is just a never ending shit storm. So many people across various forms of media outed as pedos and rapists, content creators committing suicide, there is a global pandemic going on, no sports, no movies, and it's all happening during a fucking election year.

I just need like one week to go by without some kind of shit hitting the fan. Just let me breathe ffs.

Last edited:

magnumpy

I have so many feels about Evo...a blast from the past D:

or should I say a relic from the past

Last edited:

Banned

ok, damn...

but tbh that 17yo dude...? seriously? that's like if you report about several people dying in a car crash, and adding that a guy looking at said crash fell down and hurt his knee cuz of the loud noise xD

Jesus fucking Christ.

2020 is just a never ending shit storm. So many people across various forms of media outed as pedos and rapists, content creators committing suicide, there is a global pandemic going on, no sports, no movies, and it's all happening during a fucking election year.

I just need like one week to go by without some kind of shit hitting the fan. Just let me breathe ffs.
A man can only take this shit for so long.

Green_Eyes

A clearer vid:

Once again, nobody listened, nobody took it seriously. Who knows how many people were complicit.

Top Bottom