• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how are the schlubs with no pre-order planning on picking up a PS5/SX?

checkcola

Yeah, I got no preorder, I am interested in an XBox Series X, however, I will be happy to wait awhile (got plenty of games on all my systems I have never even touched, so its no big).

Durask

So when do you think one will be able to just go to amazon.com or to a local retailer and pick one up?

6 months? 1 year?

Sybrix

Only when a game i want comes out on PS5

In the meantime i play on my gaming PC

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Well, my Brother might be going this method for now:
Burger-King-PlayStation-5-announcement-1.jpg

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Wait till scalpers get there fill and buy from Best Buy/Amazon next year.

Waiting. Seeing how game library scenario/news plays out 6mo - 1 year.

Whatever i pick is a secondary gaming unit, mostly for exclusives

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

(mugger attempts to pull out gun to threaten the teller)
*DC 5*
(rolls 1)
*DEX check failed* (drops gun on the other side of the counter)

(mugger attempts to climb counter)
*DC 5*
(rolls 2)
*DEX check failed* (remains on his side of the counter)

*clerk shouts for reinforcements*
(mugger rolls for morale check)
*DC 10*
(rolls 1)
(runs away like a pussy)

*pants are loose and are about to come off*
(mugger rolls DEX check to keep wearing his pants)
*DC 5*
(rolls 9) *SUCCESS*
(mugger manages to keep his pants on as he runs away)

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
I don't want either console at launch so I'll wait. I want them to iron out any issues first.

I also want the "slim" PS5 as I think it's just ugly.

jigglet

Banned
*DC 5*
(rolls 1)

*DC 5*
(rolls 2)

*DC 10*
(rolls 1)
(runs away like a pussy)

*DC 5*
(rolls 9) *SUCCESS*

Imagine if he had tripped over his pants, knocking himself out on the glass door.

Woo-Fu

Banned
3-4 years later when there is a compelling library of *new* exclusive games to play and the console has dropped in price and/or had a refresh.

Last edited:

Erdrick

Long past the days of going nuts to get a console at launch. I haven't preordered a console since... the N64? I usually just wait until I can find one in the wild, because frankly, the amount of software is never really compelling enough to justify the hassle and price combo at that point for me. I found a PS4 in a store back in March 2014, and will likely wait until I find one on the shelf for a PS5. Don't get me wrong, I really want one as I pretty much game exclusively on PS systems, so a new model is absolutely in the cards for me.

Just not until I can get one as a regular customer, not having to wait in line for days or refresh a store website every 5 seconds.

Luckily, I have a backlog of ages worth of games to play so, I can definitely wait.

Mind you, if I happen to see one in the store for sale in November... I'd still snap it up immediately. I just do not expect to.

bender

What time is it?
*DC 5*
(rolls 1)

*DC 5*
(rolls 2)

*DC 10*
(rolls 1)
(runs away like a pussy)

*DC 5*
(rolls 9) *SUCCESS*

My favorite part is the jump into the door as he is fleeing.

Fbh

3-4 years later when there is a compelling library of *new* exclusive games to play and the console has dropped in price and/or had a refresh.

Yep.
When it's cheaper, possibly smaller (if there's some Slim version) and there's more than 1 game on it that I want to play (and hopefully a bunch of them aren't $70 anymore).

HTK

Banned
I like to think I'm a grown-up so I guess I'll exercise patience until I can walk in the store and pick one up? Meanwhile, I'm in the process of crafting my next PC.

Barakov

When I can find one probably. Whether online or in a store. I have a PS5 game pre-ordered so hopefully I can find one by the time it comes out. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I’m just going to order both of them once they release since I couldn’t get a preorder in for either. I don’t really care if I get them a few weeks after launch. No big deal, especially with these launch lineups.

Kev Kev

no way am i gonna buy any console at launch

rather wait a year or two and get it at a better price, when it has more games, and when i see if any weird RROD situations pop up. also im waiting for psvr2 announcement 🤞 🤞 🤞

Well I'm gonna play Spiderman on my PS4, GodFall on my PC, and all the XB games on my PC. Then I'll wait 6 months until some games come out.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Xbox Series X Bundle when Halo Infinite releases

PlayStation 5 bundle when Horizon: Forbidden west releases.

This is the way.

TalentedMrJ

Banking on the "least popular" Series S to be available at my middle of nowhere Walmart

If not, I can wait

Just a Gamepass machine

Tschumi

I won't get it until mid to late next year, if ever. But i believe in PS5. I'll be happy to stick with my PS3 and Vita if needs must.

Top Bottom