• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
In Italy, saturday i went to a mall and the main supermarket(that also sells games and consoles) didn't have it at all, in the sense that it didn't even get it, but the game section is decline and not really updated, while a big electronics store had at least 10 switch(es?), one open for exposition and 9 closed.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm trying to decide how often, when, and where to check around me. I know everyone is sold out currently, but I don't know when stock will refresh. Is there anyone here with any info on how this shit normally goes down?

Bliddo

In Italy, saturday i went to a mall and the main supermarket(that also sells games and consoles) didn't have it at all, in the sense that it didn't even get it, but the game section is decline and not really updated, while a big electronics store had at least 10 switch(es?), one open for exposition and 9 closed.

I got mine yesterday in a Unieuro store. They had 2 gray and 2 Neon, in the bottom shelf under a couple of 3DS on display :|

Inotti

In Finland you can get them really easily. I could pretty much just walk in to any nearby electronic store and buy it right away. Some popular retailers have sold out though.

I didn't do much pursuing but GameStop had 0 on release and Walmart also had 0. GameStop had all of the accessories and so did Walmart, even Neon joycons and Zelda: SE.

Clockwork

My Walmart is about to get one in stock.

Between the joy con signal/desync issue and the dock issue I decided I will return mine and get one once the issues are resolved.

I just got done unlinking my account and initializing/deleting all the data off it and boxed it back up.

I hope they take Zelda back or I will have to sell that.

I've been doing a bit of digging today, and some of my findings are pretty interesting. The stock for Switch in the US seems to be really unevenly distributed, and not based on any real pattern I can see. Some of the largest metro areas, particularly those in the South, have very little stock available. Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, and Nashville, for instance, all have almost nothing available in stores right now. But in huge northern and coastal cities the stock seems to be ample. (If you want a Switch, head to Walmart in Teterboro NJ, which has almost 200 of them!)

Really curious if this is because scalping is more prominent in certain areas or if Nintendo decided to stock this way on purpose. All in all, it really helps reconcile the varied reports in this thread of some people saying they walked in and found a dozen of them in a case ready to buy and others searching all the stores in their area with no luck.

Basically, it seems that while the Switch in general has a good supply, some areas are being hit way harder by shortages.

And I'm still trying to figure out why two Walmart stores in my area say they have 20+ in stock via API but employees say they don't actually exist...

shandy706

I have an extra copy of BotW (don't need my Master Edition copy), brand new...and can't seem to sell it on here for $50 shipped. Bit surprised. I guess the games are stocked fine...although I thought they were sold out.

crazyprac

I have an extra copy of BotW (don't need my Master Edition copy), brand new...and can't seem to sell it on here for $50 shipped. Bit surprised. I guess the games are stocked fine...although I thought they were sold out.

Naw the games everywhere. The console isn't. I just missed the target neon... At least I know it won't take awhile to get one now.

Vena

Anyone found luck in chicago?

Visited a target yesterday, they had some in the morning but not when I got there.

No luck, unfortunately, as my housemate is looking for one for a gift for someone in China. He's had zero luck in northern chicagoland + Chicago. But he did say one of the clerks told him new shipment next week at Target.

Target appears to have them in stock online right now. Just ordered a neon one and it went through.
Neon still shows Add to Cart, but when you try it's out of stock. Gray readily available. I have hope that any "shortages" are going to be over quickly. Some unexpected expenses came up and I have to wait until the end of the month to get mine. By then I shouldn't have any problem walking into a store and grabbing one, I'd think.

I keep holding out hope that Newegg will get some in stock (wouldn't have to pay tax then)...but I doubt they will any time soon

I want to get the Neon version whenever I do get one...just a wait and see situation now

(I don't drive so I don't want to waste money getting a taxi anywhere just on a hope it will be in stock somewhere so online will have to be my main way of looking for one mostly)

Joei

Damn it, grey is still available at Target. To buy or not to buy >.< I want a Neon and I'd prefer to get from Best Buy since I have so much in Rewards dollars and I'll get points and stuff, but more importantly I want a Neon, though I do have a Redcard... damn it

I just got one today thanks to my sister. She told me there were a whole stack of them at Target and sold out everywhere else here in Chicago. Target always pull through. :)

WLnzR5L.jpg

I was able to go to Target on Saturday morning when they opened and got one. They seem to be stocking them fairly often. I imagine Nintendo is doing a steady stream of restocking instead of a shipment every week. Keep trying when stores open in the morning.

Don't forget the major retailers that have them. Walmart, Target, Toysrus, and Gamestop.

Damn it, grey is still available at Target. To buy or not to buy >.< I want a Neon and I'd prefer to get from Best Buy since I have so much in Rewards dollars and I'll get points and stuff, but more importantly I want a Neon, though I do have a Redcard... damn it
Looks like the decision's been made for you. They're gone.

Weevilone

I have an extra one sitting in my foyer that will go back to Walmart. It's sealed in the shipping box. In the St. Louis area, West County if anyone local is interested before I take it back. I think it's gray.

MisterR

They aren't going for much on ebay. Scalpers are flopping on this one. I'd guess there may be some returns.

eliochip

Got mine at Nintendo World NYC. Went to a mom and pop store to see if hey had any for lols and they were selling a bunch for $450. Wow.

Anyway, Zeldas alright.

gconsole

Totally sold out in all online uk store. Dont need to mention the brick one. I cant even get some accesories i want now without waiting days.

I'm predicting within a week or two stock will be abundant everywhere. Target had it up earlier for a pretty good amount of time.

Caffeine

was at gamestop he said also not till april 16th and said no backorders even though their website says order one in store now for next shipment lol

Hit a Target and a Walmart to look for a case, both were cleaned out of consoles and accessories. Nintendo must be making some profit off this launch as I can't recall the last time accessories were totally cleaned out.

Games were still available but not in large supply. 1 2 Switch and Just Dance had the most copies.

Went to my local GAME in Brighton, UK to pick up 1-2 Switch. Said theyd sold about 250 units of the Switch on release day (Sold Out). Since people pre ordered units for the next day stock resupply they only have 2-3 Free units available to sell in the morning that havent been pre ordered. Got my switch off the UK Nintendo store and it should be here tomorrow.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
ISome of the largest metro areas, particularly those in the South, have very little stock available. Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, and Nashville, for instance, all have almost nothing available in stores right now.

You can add Memphis to that list.

Not

Banned
Target was a safe bet all around. Got everything I needed-- console, pro controller, BotW special edition-- just by waiting in line morning of.

My cheaper Wal-Mart Switch preorder ended up getting figured out though, so I returned my Target one

Savitar

Smaller more remote stores are the best ones to hit up, everyone knows about the pure gaming store like Ebgames/Gamestop, you'll probably find something else where. Especially in the less popular areas of the city or spots more out of the way.

My wife works at Target in the electronics section. She made some calls and asked upper management and found out something really strange...

Nintendo sends out an unspecified amount and so Target's internal system isn't updated to even inform their employees. All they know is when some might arrive. Sometimes they don't even know that.

I can't imagine only Target deals with that. I'm just gonna wait a week or two and see if this situation stabilizes.

Sephzilla

Smaller more remote stores are the best ones to hit up, everyone knows about the pure gaming store like Ebgames/Gamestop, you'll probably find something else where. Especially in the less popular areas of the city or spots more out of the way.

In my experience those are the first place hardcore gamers hit, actually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom