• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So...how's your backlog going after such a strong year for games?

2024 is here...Happy New year to all.

I was looking at how many games came out last year and how so far, i have yet to play stuff like Alan Wake 2, Baldur's Gate 3, not counting with older cames like Crisis Core that came out in late 2022.

I have so much stuff on my backlog and barely any time to play them. Meanwhile i keep buying shit i won't play for another year probably.

And what am i doing currently? Playing Legend of Dragoon and having a blast.

How's your backlogs going?

This is my current relation with my backlog of games

137303859_3833623380008964_8599525872379585347_n.png

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Happy to know my back log is non existent, I think buying games as a collectors is fine and than circle back to play them.

KellyNole

Weirdly enough, I didn't get as many games as I thought I was in 2023. My backlog is slightly shorter. As I age (will be 40 in a month or so), I don't have to buy on day one unless it is a series I love like Zelda. Or my backlog is so big now, I am having fun going through that and saving money for future games. It could also be the fact I don't have the same amount of time to invest in games at the moment. Whatever it is I'm still getting old.

Last edited:

Fbh

I still have 2022 games to catch up with lol. The good bit is that 2 of the last ones from 2022 that I still want to play are on Ps+ this month (Plague Tale and Evil West).

From 2023 I still want to play:
- Re4 Remake
- Armored Core
- BG3
- Jedi Survivor
- Lies of P
- Alan Wake 2
- Hi Fi Rush

Skifi28

In November and December I finished more games than I did the rest of the year, it went amazing, didn't expect I'd cross so many stuff off my list.

Having said that, my remaining backlog is still depressing and on Christmas I bought three times the games I managed to finish so kill me now.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
It's been never ending for quite some time.

Wrapping up Lies of P and El Paso Elsewhere this weekend. Prince of Persia on 1/18. So I have a 2 week window to stick in something. Might do Alan Wake 1, or maybe Pikmin 4. Maybe Trepang2, Laika or Dredge.

Exoprimal S3 starts sometime soon in January also.

Last edited:

reezoo

Was stuck on beating Sigrun on GMGOW difficulty for last 6 months, hopefully i'll be able to make progress now. But with the pace good games are releasing, I think I know what I'll be doing during retirement.

SHA

I save precious games for bad times, I follow this logic to stay relevant instead of whining about newer games, currently just started the elder scrolls Skyrim with no prior experience with the series and I'm having blast experience with it, it's not just luck that made this game successful, most people know nothing about luck, luck is just 10 percent basically on anything.

Tarnpanzer

Still got a strong backlog + Gamepass, but actually finished 48 games last year.

Better to have a big backlog than having nothing to play.

amigastar

I have to finish Baldurs Gate 3. After that i'm probably gonna play Pathfinder WotR.
Thimbleweed Park is on my list also. Then Street Fighter 6 and Zelda TotK.
And some other games i'm not remembering right now.

Last edited:
I'm playing Baldur’s Gate 3. I'm enjoying it so much that I bought Divinity Original Sin I and II for Xbox. That's what I'll be playing after Baldur’s 🥹

Woopah

I've just about finished 2022 things. Still have Jedi Survivor, Octopath Traveler 2, Advance Wars, Assassin's Creed Mirage, TOTK and GOW: Valhalah from 2023.

Currently doesn't look like there's much I can play in 2024, so this might be the year I get new hardware.

I love how you guys keep trying to push the narrative that 2023 is/was such a great year for gaming. It was average at best.

A year with Resident Evil 4 Remake, a new Zelda and Mario games, Spider-Man 2, Hogwarts Legacy, Diablo IV, Street Fighter 6, FFXVI, Baldur's Gate 3, Octopath Traveler 2, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, Armored Core VI, Lies of P, Alan Wake 2, Hi-Fi Rush, great DLCs for Horizon Forbidden West and Cyberpunk, etc is...average at best?

I can't remember the last year that all GOTY contenders were deserving of winning that award.

Alan Wake

2023 was a great year for gaming but a bad year for my backlog. I use to finish about 15 games in my backlog but last year I only managed 9 and none of them after August. Simply too many new games to play.

Alan Wake

A year with Resident Evil 4 Remake, a new Zelda and Mario games, Spider-Man 2, Hogwarts Legacy, Diablo IV, Street Fighter 6, FFXVI, Baldur's Gate 3, Octopath Traveler 2, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, Armored Core VI, Lies of P, Alan Wake 2, Hi-Fi Rush, great DLCs for Horizon Forbidden West and Cyberpunk, etc is...average at best?

I can't remember the last year that all GOTY contenders were deserving of winning that award.
..and Planet of Lana, and Bramble and...

Best year since 2010 at least.

Mossybrew

Honestly I played pretty much everything I wanted to that was released last year, no purchased games that I haven't played, there are maybe a couple that I would grab if I saw them at a very deep discount but that's about it.

Mortisfacio

I'm about where I started off the year count wise. I eliminated some backlog, but countered I believe every elimination from my list with a new purchase I've yet to play.

Last edited:

amigastar

Between those 2 you have ~300 hours of gaming. And if you are into crpgs i recommend Solasta as well.
I've played Solasta for about 25-30 hours when it was on Game Pass. Would love to give it another try someday. I really liked it.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I still gotta finish Hogwarts Legacy, Diablo IV, and Octopath II. Those are the only games from last year that I've started and haven't finished yet.

EDIT: oh, and Final Fantasy XVI.

Last edited:

Klayzer

And my personal GOTY..... Star Ocean 2 Remake.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Still gotta finish Alan Wake but I'm too much of a bitch to play it. I'm at the part after you first play as Alan Wake...so back to the FBI Officer lady.

twilo99

I've got only 13 in my gamepass "play later" but the service gives me anxiety overall.. there are just too many games on there, impossible to keep up, and its about to get worse.

Crayon

Wasn't a huge year for me, with only GT7 and RE8 in VR, AC6, and BG3 rocking my world. I managed to skip SF6 knowing that tekken is coming up. Next year with Tekken and FF7R coming so early I'm going to be in trouble. Especially Tekken. Even if I dicked around a lot in 7R and spent 100 hours, that can be done. Tekken I will be playing until some unknown time when I put it down.

Fighting games are rough because when I get into one, I basically can't play any other game. So the best way to do it is get in day one with all the fresh blood, play the shit out of it for a couple months, then say bye-bye.

Top Bottom