• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So...how's your backlog going after such a strong year for games?

xrnzaaas

I'm not too hopeful because there are already quite a lot of cool games planned for this year. I'm planning to play several past PS+ games before my sub lapses in the summer and that's about it.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

I need to finish:

Alan Wake 2
TOTK
Wonder
Dead Space
Baldurs Gate 3
Mario RPG

So its going great as you can see

Last edited:
Backlog, what backlog?

Nervous Key And Peele GIF

DavidGzz

Pretty deep but I'm having a blast. Just beat GoW Valhalla, Lies of P almost complete, Cyberpunk about 25 hours in, The Lords of The Fallen almost finished, and Death must Die is awesome. I'm playing an Elden Ring and Diablo 2 mod as well. Can't wait for Dragon's Dogma 2 and the TLOU2 rogue like mode!

Lokaum D+

Since i m 36 and haver a 1yo daughter i dont have backlogs, If a didnt play it in 23 i problaby wont play it in 24, new year, new games.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Playing through Hogwarts Legacy on Switch rn. Can’t lie, it’s a slog.

After I finish that, or give up, here’s my backlog:

Metroid Prime Remastered
Divinity 2 Original Sin
Pokémon Legends Arceus

Those are the big ones that I actually want to play. I have a lot more that I’ve bought but don’t think I’ll ever play them to be honest. Better to be realistic and just list what I want to play.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I have a permanent backlog. I have probably 200+ games I own that I didn't get to yet. At the current rate I'll be long dead before it's down to zero.

I've been doing great so far. Part of my goal last year was to catch up on all of the great Xbox 360/PS3/Xbox One games I missed out on during those generations because I spent those years mostly playing two MMOs instead.

Anyone here feel free to join the official 2024 thread on this:

2024 is here...Happy New year to all.

I was looking at how many games came out last year and how so far, i have yet to play stuff like Alan Wake 2, Baldur's Gate 3, not counting with older cames like Crisis Core that came out in late 2022.

I have so much stuff on my backlog and barely any time to play them. Meanwhile i keep buying shit i won't play for another year probably.

And what am i doing currently? Playing Legend of Dragoon and having a blast.

How's your backlogs going?

Enjoy the masterpiece that is Legend of Dragoon. I just finished another playthrough recently, it’s one of my comfort food games.

The struggle is real though, my backlog just gets longer and longer. There were a lot of games released in 2023 that I bought and played this year, but plenty that I’ll grab at a discount a few years from now that will continue my backlog expansion.

Given my propensity to replay games (except for ultra long ones), I am digging myself into a bigger hole each year.

Nothing.

I don’t buy games unless I beat a game and have space on my hard drive by deleting it.

I also dont anticipate playing generic AAA titles so sometimes I get around playing them. Mostly not.

Neilg

I don't have a backlog of games I've bought, but I do maintain a spreadsheet of games I know I want to pick up and play, and I work my way through buying the next as I finish the last.

I also have a column for estimated playtime, and knowing that I get about 15 hours of gaming in a week, I can better slot games in before upcoming releases I'm looking forward to.
Right now, not including unreleased games, my must play list is estimated to take 58 weeks to get through.
I will be all over ff7r2, dd2 & yak:Hawaii too, so that's another 250 hours of games coming up in 8 weeks. Probably not going to get through the entire list unless mid 2024 until late 2025 is a huge drought....

Last edited:

Diddy X

Too many games, all from last gen as I don't have a strong enough pc and I play on a 4k tv but still I have so many good games to play I get for cheap.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member

My only unfinished games are long term projects.

- Elden Ring
- Baldur's Gate 3
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Pharao

Not sure if I am even ever going to complete those.

Cyberpunk... probably.
My few hours with Baldur's Gate were rough so I may end up dumping it.
And Elden Ring... my attention always gets diverted. Restarted it multiple times already. I'm both fascinated and repelled by it.

Pharao I'm never going to finish for sure. But that game has a special place in my heart.

Last edited:
Well I bought Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 and Mass Effect Legendary Edition during the Steam winter sale.

Want to finish Days Gone.

Also a replay of Cyberpunk and buy the DLC would be great.

Start and finish Prodeus, Kingdoms of Amalur, Sekiro.

Really been holding off buying RDR2 for the last few sales. Staying strong!

Wingnut

If you don’t like horror games then it’s not that bad. Oh an turned based combat is also not my cup of tea

mdkirby

Burning through it Tbf, not done baldurs gate yet tho which is a biggie. And I got a switch a year ago I’ve barely touched. If I had actually liked starfield that would have set me back a while, but I didn’t 🤷‍♂️. Will review the backlog after I wrap up spiderman2.

It was a 100% a great year for gaming, but there was a fair spread of genres, not all of which would appeal, which eats into what’s actually available.

tommib

There’s just too many games to play. I’m not buying new games anytime soon or renewing subscriptions. BUT I will upgrade Tlou 2 for 10 bucks.

Massive games like BG3 and Tears of the Kingdom will keep me busy this year.

And GT7 will still take most of my gaming hours.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I’ve kinda just said “fuck it” and abandoned the idea of a backlog. I’m done with FOMO, just going to play what I feel like at the moment and not think about the other games that I “have” to play.

After a year of all these big megaton games, I ended 2023 playing through Ys VIII (I tried it once before and it didn’t really click, this time it did and I’m almost at the end).

The only game I kinda have on a backlog is Baldur’s Gate 3. I tried it for a bit and I can tell it’s an amazing game, just saving it for when I have the time/energy for a game that long and complex.

Happy to know my back log is non existent, I think buying games as a collectors is fine and than circle back to play them.
If I am reading this correctly, you share my new perspective! I no longer have a “backlog”. I have a collection that I may or may not play. I only buy physical, so they will be there for me when I am ready.

Last edited:

Bond007

I stopped caring too much about backlog. I noticed that when I force myself to play games it becomes a chore. Needs to just happen i guess.
These are the games I own that i need to complete and are on my mind for when "i get to it"

Hogwarts
Ass Creed Mirage
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Final Fantasy XVI
Pikmin 4

Currently playing GoW Valhalla and spurts of Modern Warfare III.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Bumping this up because I was wondering: what website / app you guys use to keep track of your gaming collection and backlog?

I ask this because I just came across an app called Stash and it's pretty neat and snappy.

This is not a promotion message btw. I legit was looking for an app to help me list / organize my gaming history and this one is really cool.

Back in the day I used Backloggery but nowadays they're stuck in the past. UI/UX is horrible.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Doesn’t exist. Weird year, I haven’t played many of its biggest releases and I’m not planning to really. Different strokes for different folks

Mozzarella

Actually pretty comfortable, i keep up with all the games in 2023, i played most of them day 1, so when i look back i only have few games left to play which i will get to in 2024.
2024 looks pretty chill for me, there is only some games im excited to buy day 1, the rest im either not excited for or will simply not play at all.
The second half of 2024 looks super dry as of now, no big releases but im sure that will change soon.

StereoVsn

2024 is here...Happy New year to all.

I was looking at how many games came out last year and how so far, i have yet to play stuff like Alan Wake 2, Baldur's Gate 3, not counting with older cames like Crisis Core that came out in late 2022.

I have so much stuff on my backlog and barely any time to play them. Meanwhile i keep buying shit i won't play for another year probably.

And what am i doing currently? Playing Legend of Dragoon and having a blast.

How's your backlogs going?
It’s not a backlog, it’s a library.

I am replaying a Saturn version of Grandia instead of the “library”. Why? Why the hell not 😁.

P.Jack

Having lots of unopened games at home is the best feeling, its kinda like having the bar cabinet stocked or just a fridge full of food.

Top Bottom