• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I finally learned the origin of this GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitehawk

Banned
the other day on imgur was a post about gifs and their origins

N3hNX7f.gif

i always thought this was from a comedy(movie) but i didnt know it was from an interview of the third president of uganda Idi Amin Dada. big on genocide and other atrocities

made me sad tbh
Some more context.

The reason he's laughing is because the interviewer asked him something along the lines of "You said before that hitler didn't kill enough jews, blah etc etc"

Then he laughs like that.

Business

Believe it or not I only watched The Matrix for the first time a few months ago and finally saw notlikethis.gif

What about the one from man of steel, the tornado one with someone else's face on pa Kent. That face is perfect, almost as funny as the Charlton Heston laugh/cry.

I was googling images of Encino Man to post about on some GAF thread and discovered it was actually the origin of one of my favourite gifs

51rQ7y8GrWL.jpg

5e6.gif

Hyun Sai

Recently I re-watched the T-Rex attack of Jurassic Park and was mind blown. I though the following gif was from some stupid butt show...

89854c47bbf346d773f5e0f096bc7391-jurassic-park-kids-scared-by-butts.gif

I watched Community earlier this year and learned where such things as "Man squints at tiny piece of paper" and "Pizza delivery to flaming room" came from. My reaction was like
post-62416-The-Wire-Wee-Bey-Brice-OMG-WTF-tm9I.gif

I'm pretty sure this is Jurrassic Park scene edited together with some butt video instead of the T-Rex.
It worked on me, for some reason I thought those were like the equivalent of elephant hooves on dinosaurs banging on the window, and not some joke spliced in. It's been decades since I saw Jurassic Park :p

NekoFever

There was a multi-page thread on GAF full of people shocked that the Robert Redford Jeremiah Johnson nodding GIF isn't Zach Galifianakis.

BuCZZ1i.gif

Pillville

It worked on me, for some reason I thought those were like the equivalent of elephant hooves on dinosaurs banging on the window, and not some joke spliced in. It's been decades since I saw Jurassic Park :p

That's the whole joke of the gif. The butts look like dinosaur hooves. I don't know the orig on the butts, so I don't know if the hoof thing is on purpose or a funny coincidence.

U2NUMB

There was a multi-page thread on GAF full of people shocked that the Robert Redford Jeremiah Johnson nodding GIF isn't Zach Galifianakis.

BuCZZ1i.gif

Wait it's not?????? Fuck I am gonna have to take the day off to think about my life, everything to be questioned now.

Jasper

Where's the one of the brunette white chick wearing a glittery dress shaking her hands left to right?

I think i've seen that one posted here at neogaf at least a good 5000 or so times.

The Hermit

The amount of The Wire gifs spoiled a bunch of characters... on the other hand it kinda made me familiar with the whole cast, especially Mcnulty

faYo9NF.gif

Amazing show btw

EDIT: That's Robert Redford?! I though it was a less famous actor, and I love both the Gif and the actor

Been watching Friends for the first time with my GF. As soon as I saw the episode description that mentions Ross moving, I anticipated this moment.

giphy.gif

I find this quite hilarious.:D

By the way, I watched the other source of this gif. It's a very naughty source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom