• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

so I got a 360

DSN2K

GRAW is very good and so is DOA4 but I suck at it, no problems so far with the unit and I'm convinced on HD!

Wii is not looking so good now.... damn Nintendo I long to see Mario and Zelda in HD :(

my XBL tag is DSn2K, oh and I just love the menu and how everything just seems to flow with XBL, to sum it all up 360 is now my main platform of choice until Sony prove otherwise.

Chiggs

Enjoy! It's a great system with a pretty bright future, despite what some on this forum might lead you to believe.

Lo-Volt

Did you get an extended warranty? Not trying to troll, but I don't know if recent batches of 360s are better than their sometimes-anemic older siblings.

hyp

DSN2K said:
GRAW is very good and so is DOA4 but I suck at it, no problems so far with the unit and I'm convinced on HD!

Wii is not looking so good now.... damn Nintendo I long to see Mario and Zelda in HD :(

my XBL tag is DSn2K, oh and I just love the menu and how everything just seems to flow with XBL, to sum it all up 360 is now my main platform of choice until Sony prove otherwise.

welcome to next gen!

this fall is going to be overwhelming to be a 360 owner. holy shit.

_Angelus_

Banned
DSN2K said:

Enjoy your new console.
And by all means-get those demos on Xbox Live and enjoy the freebies. Its just nuts with all the stuff they have up there.

shpankey

not an idiot
great time for the 360 right now, good stable of games with a hot couple months coming for releases. enjoy. i got mine at launch and have been happy the whole way.

Chris_C

Got mine last week, (or was that 2 weeks ago?) so far Oblivion is the only game I picked up, though the table tennis demo has me hooked, I refuse to spend $40 on it. Geometry wars os great fun as well. Tip: Do NOT BUY PERFECT DARK, that game is ludicrously bad.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Give Condemned a try. Scary and unique first person action game. You can find it for quite cheap these days.

RSLAEV

ZOMG the 360 is destined to fail!

Your only hope is to sell it to me at a heavily discounted price. HURRY MAN WHILE THERE'S STILL TIME!

Speevy

Banned
Congrats.

Here's what you have to look forward to over the next 12 months:

1) Mass Effect
2) Lost Planet
3) Gears of War
4) Viva Pinata
5) Forza Motorsport 2
6) Dead Rising
7) Culdcept Saga
8) Huxley
9) Blue Dragon
10) Bioshock
11) Crackdown
12) Stranglehold
13) Alan Wake
14) Just Cause
15) DOAXBV 2
16) Overlord
17) FEAR
18) Half-Life 2 Ep. 2
19) Splinter Cell Double Agent
20) Enchanted Arms

What you should already own/rent/play

1) Oblivion
2) GRAW
3) Table Tennis
4) Fight Night Round 3
5) DOA4
6) LOTR BFME2
7) Call of Duty 2
8) Top Spin 2
9) Chromehounds
10) Project Gotham Racing 3

Arcade games worth playing

1) Geometry Wars
2) Wik
3) Galaga
4) Marble Blast Ultra
5) Cloning Clyde

Upcoming arcade:

1) SF2
2) Small Arms
3) Lumines
4) Contra
5) Ms. Pac Man

pr0cs

Don't skip Kameo, don't let the kiddie moniker fool you, the game can actually be pretty tricky (getting the A rank achievements anyway). It's a great game that does some really fancy shit with the graphics and is a nice cheap title to show off your new HD system.

DJ Sl4m

If you love a challange, or pushing yourself mentally try Geometry Wars, it's as close as anyone has every come to making the perfect game.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
i'm a fresh owner too, and i love it so far. but:

i noticed i can view my ipod's photos on the 360, but is there a way to copy the photos from the ipod to the HD?

Speevy said:
Congrats.

1) Mass Effect
2) Lost Planet
3) Gears of War
4) Viva Pinata
5) Forza Motorsport 2
6) Dead Rising
7) Culdcept Saga
8) Huxley
9) Blue Dragon
10) Bioshock
11) Crackdown
12) Stranglehold
13) Alan Wake
14) Just Cause
15) DOAXBV 2
16) Overlord
17) FEAR
18) Half-Life 2 Ep. 2
20) Enchanted Arms

1) Oblivion
2) GRAW
3) Table Tennis
4) Fight Night Round 3
5) DOA4
6) LOTR BFME2
7) Call of Duty 2
8) Top Spin 2
9) Chromehounds

1) Geometry Wars
2) Wik
3) Galaga
4) Marble Blast Ultra
5) Cloning Clyde

Upcoming arcade:

1) SF2
2) Small Arms
3) Lumines
4) Contra
5) Ms. Pac Man

Thanks.

*bookmark*

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
mattiewheels said:
i'm a fresh owner too, and i love it so far. but:

i noticed i can view my ipod's photos on the 360, but is there a way to copy the photos from the ipod to the HD?
ok, after looking for a bit i noticed that it's not possible. is there ANY WAY to get my photos on the hard drive, like burning a cd with them and copying it?

Juice

Funny thing, all the people who bitch that people shouldn't make a new thread over a broken 360 are surprisingly silent when someone makes a new thread about buying one.

I'm going to go sit outside and ponder this quandry.

neptunes

mattiewheels said:
ok, after looking for a bit i noticed that it's not possible. is there ANY WAY to get my photos on the hard drive, like burning a cd with them and copying it?
well you can, kind of.

if you set a picture as a wallpaper, it'll remain on your HD until you delete it.

but you can't look at it through normal means, only through the memory manager.

in other words...no there isn't a way.

_Angelus_

Banned
Its been so long I've forgotten but I think if you burn images onto a DVD, then you should be able to copy them onto the hard drive. Give it a try.

Or is it a CD,damn I don't know anymore,sorry.

Speevy said:
Congrats.

1) Mass Effect
2) Lost Planet
3) Gears of War
4) Viva Pinata
5) Forza Motorsport 2
6) Dead Rising
7) Culdcept Saga
8) Huxley
9) Blue Dragon
10) Bioshock
11) Crackdown
12) Stranglehold
13) Alan Wake
14) Just Cause
15) DOAXBV 2
16) Overlord
17) FEAR
18) Half-Life 2 Ep. 2
20) Enchanted Arms

1) Oblivion
2) GRAW
3) Table Tennis
4) Fight Night Round 3
5) DOA4
6) LOTR BFME2
7) Call of Duty 2
8) Top Spin 2
9) Chromehounds

1) Geometry Wars
2) Wik
3) Galaga
4) Marble Blast Ultra
5) Cloning Clyde

Upcoming arcade:

1) SF2
2) Small Arms
3) Lumines
4) Contra
5) Ms. Pac Man

Man, my tastes must really be changing. That list barely gets a rise out of me. :(

DSN2K said:
Wii is not looking so good now.... damn Nintendo I long to see Mario and Zelda in HD

Heh. Zelda will look decent enough with component cables/ progressive scan (right?!!!) in widescreen. Still, I'm moving in a second TV just so I don't have to play my Wii with scaled visuals. :(

KINGMOKU

I still am on the damn fence. Its so expensive to me. I want it now,but I would rather wait untill the good pack hits 300 bones.

Damn it. Anyway, where is that Kobun guy screaming about making another "I got thread"?

J-Rzez

Speevy said:
Congrats.

3) Gears of War
5) Forza Motorsport 2
6) Dead Rising

2) GRAW
9) Chromehounds

1) Geometry Wars
2) Wik
3) Galaga
5) Cloning Clyde

Upcoming arcade:

1) SF2
3) Lumines
4) Contra

Eh... My list is a lil' simpler... I have to get stuff I know should snuff up well... there's "other" stuff to buy during this period too thats going to suck up a lot of my finances...

Oh well...

To the new owners, pick up that Nyko Intercooler accessory... it's well worthy of your $20 to help cool your unit down even the slightest bit...

Phantasy Star Universe is curiously absent from that list!

I'm looking forward to it, if only because it's the first single-player PS game since PS4 on the Genesis.

2) Lost Planet
4) Viva Pinata
6) Dead Rising

1) Oblivion
3) Table Tennis
9) Chromehounds

That's my list if I were to get a 360

Congrats.

Here's what you have to look forward to over the next 12 months (in no particular order):

Mass Effect
Lost Planet
Gears of War
Forza Motorsport 2
Blue Dragon
Bioshock
DOAXBV 2
FEAR
Half-Life 2 Ep. 2
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Enchanted Arms
Rainbow Six Vegas

Oblivion
GRAW
Table Tennis
Ridge Racer 6
DOA4
Chromehounds

Geometry Wars
Smash TV
Gauntlet

Upcoming arcade:

Lumines
SF2
Castle Crashers (or whatever it's called)
Contra
Sonic

Modified, of course. ;)

Speevy

Banned
Barry Lightning said:
it's not you. it's simply a boring list :/

And what qualifies as an exciting list for you?

Alternatives:

1) Saint's Row
2) Madden NFL 2007
3) Phantasy Star Universe
4) Need for Speed: Carbon
5) Call of Duty 3
6) Tony Hawk's Project 8
7) Fuzion Frenzy 2
8) 99 Nights
9) Timeshift
10) Bomberman: Act Zero
11) Sonic the Hedgehog
12) Rainboy Six: Vegas
13) Brothers in Arms 3
14) Sega Rally
15) World Seris of Poker
16) WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007
17) Test Drive Unlimited
18) Dance Dance Revolution Universe
19) NBA 2K7
20) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07

I could also make a more expanded list, but I think the first one I made was much more "exciting".

jedimike

Barry Lightning said:
it's not you. it's simply a boring list :/

Taste in games is a subjective matter... but I would love to see a better list of games for the next 12 months. When you look at quantity/quality of games, I don't see anything rivaling the 360 right now or near future. If you expand your horizons to handhelds, I suppose the DS is comparable, but my ratio of console gaming time to handheld gaming time is like 15:1.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
I own four 360 games and I would strongly recommend all of them (maybe not graw)

1. Oblivion (one of the best games ever, 140 hours ftw)
2. BFME2 (Great online RTS, decent single player game)
3. Call of Duty 2( Great online and single player FPS)
4. GRAW (good strategic shooter, online lobbies suck)

Plus arcade downloads are starting to rock!

jedimike said:
Taste in games is a subjective matter... but I would love to see a better list of games for the next 12 months. When you look at quantity/quality of games, I don't see anything rivaling the 360 right now or near future. If you expand your horizons to handhelds, I suppose the DS is comparable, but my ratio of console gaming time to handheld gaming time is like 15:1.

I personally think that list trumps DS' list for the next 12 months (being that ew don't know much about post-Christmas). And I don't even own a 360.

I can't imagine calling that boring.

Top Bottom