• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I had to sign up for Rockstar Social Club in order to play Max Payne 3 on PC

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
these names were all taken:

fucksocialclubbs
fuck_social_club
fuck-social-club
social_club_sucks
social-club-sucks
social_club_sux
social-club-sux
socialclubsuxass
social-club_sux

i settled on:

social_club-sux

i had never before felt so in-tune with my fellow gamers.

the moral of the story is that forcing this stuff on players is always a terrible idea. please stop doing it developers.

I apparently had it from Red dead or some Shit with a different email or user name and so my max Payne is a different social Club than gta4 which is different than red dead and fuck social Club

Max Payne 3 is such a pain (pun intented) to play. Social Club. Servers log in... Unskippable cutscenes EVERYWHERE for nothing and they drag on for ever and ever...

The core shooting is the best out there but the entire coating is one of the worst you can make

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
OP, you just described my registration process for that game.
I was about to resort to something absurdly unique like FuckedHousersMom&PutItOnTheNet when one finally went through.

I've had R*SC since Beaterator and I can't get Max Payne 3 to load :<

Had that problem over the summer. I think what did it was deleting all of the pre-existing social club files that LA Noire brought with it, and letting the game install all the social club stuff for me.

Asgaro

I apparently had it from Red dead or some Shit with a different email or user name and so my max Payne is a different social Club than gta4 which is different than red dead and fuck social Club

Hmm, lol?

To give another side of the coin: here no issues really...
Got 6 Rockstar games registered with my Social Club account.
All PC versions, except the RDR which is PS3.

socialclub.PNG

Malyse

Had that problem over the summer. I think what did it was deleting all of the pre-existing social club files that LA Noire brought with it, and letting the game install all the social club stuff for me.

D: D:
This is the only R* PC game I have!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My Max Payne 3 is busted. Social Club thinks someone else owns the game I pre-ordered then played at launch, even though the browser based Social Club and Steam library state I own it.

Fix requires me send Rockstar proof-of-purchase info like the original pre-order transaction number, screenshot of transaction history, Social Club profile name, Steam name, Steam ID number, etc.

Awesome, reliable service.

Funny how, when my internet was down, I could start the game pretty much instantly, while when I'm online, it takes its time logging into that piece of shit service.

Top Bottom