• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So if MS has a great game show in a few weeks, have they finally made up for Xbox One?

History will show that MS stuffed up this gen, just like history will show the Cell was a mistake.
But because Sony screwed up the PS3, that didn't mean they wouldn't make amends with the PS4, which they did.
Don't even compare the two. Sony didn't go pretty much the entire PS3 generation without giving us good games to play. Quite the opposite actually which is why the PS3 came back and outsold the 360. There were tons of quality exclusives on PS3 and they weren't all from the same couple franchises.

HeresJohnny

Nah, they’re still talking and have yet to show much. They’ve bought studios and that’s good, but it’s far too early to say they’ve recovered from the Xbox One.

tryDEATH

The only people that have this sort of mindset that MS is still in the dog house are those on the Playstation side that haven't touched a Xbox One X and experienced the massive turn around.

Every single Xbox user has long got over the debacle that was that horrendous launch and we acknowledge it and moved on, in hopes that it is going to get better and it certainly did.

We got the X and GamePass two phenomenal products that are unmatched by anything in the industry. Yes, 1st party games were lacking, but we got commitment from MS with the studio acquisitions so there really is nothing to be negative or hesitant about but only excited.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
All we've seen and heard is power this and power that. It's time to put up or shut up.
You cant be serious? All we've heard about is power? No mention of games, services, game streaming, acquisitions etc?

Do you guys even think before you post shit like this? If you wouldve said "in conjunction with" you might be on to something.. Lets not get into the hyperbole please.

Xplainin

Banned
Don't even compare the two. Sony didn't go pretty much the entire PS3 generation without giving us good games to play. Quite the opposite actually which is why the PS3 came back and outsold the 360. There were tons of quality exclusives on PS3 and they weren't all from the same couple franchises.
You actually can compare.
From the roaring success that was the PS2 to the PS3, yeah it was a mistake to go down the route they did.
MS also went from the highs of 360, to the Xbox One.

Kagey K

Banned
Yup. Second half of 360 is when it turned into Halo, Gears, and Forza. That's when they lost having me use the Xbox as my primary system. Haven't done it since.
Lol reading this makes me miss when everyone accused them of being Fable, Gears and Halo.

Feels like an eternity ago.

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
aXybSAk.png

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Until I see quality exclusives and a console that is competively priced, my opinion of the Xbox brand won't change. It's going to take more than simply a new more powerful console.

Tulipanzo

I feel that a good show will definitely help, but they have actually got to pull through with it.
I speak as somebody who got an OG X1 after their really good E3 2015 showing: most of the stuff showed there was either cancelled or turned out very disappointing.

Given current MS, I don't believe their July show will have the "cancelling" problem, but I feel they need more than one good show to turn the last gen around. It is a good place to start though

Top Bottom