• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So is Capcom's Deep Down a Ghostrelease game now?

What status do you think Deep Down is in?

• Total voters
Or in other words, Vaporware.

See Deep Down was shown years ago by Capcom. In fact it was shwon at the PS4 reveal where they only showed the controller and no console. It got deleayed several times, the last we officially heard from anyone on the game was 2015 with some forums reporting so called "leaks" in 2016.

But regardless, we have gotten no info on the status, progress, ANYTHING, on Deep Down.

So do you think the game is just not happening, do you think it'll release before the Gen is over? Maybe be a launch game for the PS5? Or do you think the assets and engine will pull a Final Fantasy XV and make it a new entry in an existing franchise, like Dragons Dogma or Breath of fire?

kingbean

I've heard rumors that even when they got the game "running" it was very fun to play in the last build they made.

I don't see it being turned into anything else since they stopped working on the engine and made the RE engine.

I've heard rumors that even when they got the game "running" it was very fun to play in the last build they made.

I don't see it being turned into anything else since they stopped working on the engine and made the RE engine.

Well I guess Capcom decided it wasn't fun to play for some reason.

Kreydo

The game trailer is from 2013 and 5 years later, beside RDR2 and maybe GoW there is not a single game that come close to this lighting or animation quality.
You can be sure that if they ever release Deep Down the game will be far from that bullshit trailer.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I forgot all about this game. I thought Artorias medieval ninja leap-slashed this crud out of existence.

Last edited:

cireza

Deep Down was a joke ? No problem, I am 100% confident that High Up (to be announced by Capcom at the PS5 reveal) will definitely be released.

Last edited:

Fbh

As some have mentioned, this gen we got Nioh, The Last Guardian and what was technically FFXIII Versus so who knows. This might show up again at some point.

But they clearly seemed to struggle to build a game around that original tech demo. I think if we see it again it will look a lot different

I still secretly hope that this game will resurface and launch suddenly. Alas, all my hope is lost. It's probably dead. Feels bad man.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I thought that Capcom was giving this game some sorta real world aspect. As in your character starts off in the real world and then goes inside this medieval simulation. I could be wrong. Its certainly been talked about for a very long time.

A good video that shows gameplay and the real world aspect.

Last edited:
As some have mentioned, this gen we got Nioh, The Last Guardian and what was technically FFXIII Versus so who knows. This might show up again at some point.

But they clearly seemed to struggle to build a game around that original tech demo. I think if we see it again it will look a lot different

I mean the comparison doesn't make much sense. Ni-Oh was heavily worked on and was funded by various parties, so it was going to come out. The same with TLG unless Sony wanted to lose money. Versus XIII was more lazy but again the same reason.

Capcom likely hasn't touched this game in awhile. They likely haven't put enough into it so they would have to make the lost money back. It's always been very shallow tech demos and nothing else to show.

It could happen though.

Top Bottom