• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So is my PS5 ssd screwed ? Cold War stutter every now and then . Anyone else ?

//DEVIL//

I don’t know if it’s my PlayStation or it’s the new update . But my game even in nuke town which is a small map stutter every now and then even if ray tracing is off .
Anyone with this issue ( question to those with ps5 and played after the new update )

or is my PS5 is going bye bye ?
It’s happening in this game only . Tried with spider man remaster and even in 4k I don’t see any problem ...

help ?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I've had valhalla stutter. Thought it was ubi being ubi, but hmm... this weekend I'll start demon souls, see if it also happens.

Astro was flawless tho and I played it up to the end.

I don’t know if it’s my PlayStation or it’s the new update . But my game even in nuke town which is a small map stutter every now and then even if ray tracing is off .
Anyone with this issue ( question to those with ps5 and played after the new update )

It’s happening in this game only . Tried with spider man remaster and even in 4k I don’t see any problem ...

help ?

Godfall stutters on PS5. The recent patch smoothed it out slightly but not entirely. Mimics memory leak style stutters of PC games.

Fenyx Rising stuttered when it came out on PS5 but that was eliminated by recent patch.

I have tried different things on my end (system settings wise) to try and eliminate stutters when they pop up but I think it is something spawning from the OS or software side that just needs patches/updates to smooth out.

I have seen the idea floated around that the background recording option might have something to do with it, but no one seems to know for sure. I would bet it is just some buggy firmware/OS level issue that will smooth out over time.

Try turning off the video recording in the PS5 settings?

Can background recording be disabled entirely? I only remember seeing settings for how long the clip should be (I settled at 3 minutes).

Last edited:

Edgelord79

Gold Member

help ?
It's probably just the game. I'm sure your system is okay. My PS5 has stuttered occasionally as well at certain times.

//DEVIL//

This is not a console issue, this is a new widespread issue specifically for cold war from todays patch. Dont worry, your ps5 is fine. Its been reported all over reddit and my friend who has ps5 has the same issue.
treyarch has addressed the issue: Source
Sheesh ty . Fuck man I was about to shit bricks

It's like people don't do a simple Google check and come straight panicking on GAF lol.
GAF is my google search lol

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
No issues here dude on ps5
I would do a full factory reset.
Just to be sure..

If that aint working.
Send that shit back

//DEVIL//

No issues here dude on ps5
I would do a full factory reset.
Just to be sure..

If that aint working.
Send that shit back

how is it you don’t have stutter when someone above just posted a full big thread about it on Reddit with the developers even knowing about the problem and it seems they are working on a hot fix ?
Either you didn’t play it today ( it happened today after the new patch ) or you are not really sure what we are talking about

We are talking about this

if you don’t have this problem started today on ps5 with the PlayStation 5 ( not 4 running backward compatible mode ) then please share a video ?

Last edited:

RNG

Good thing to know I’m not the only one here. I notice small micro stuttering here and there lately and thought that was because of ray tracing.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Looks something like processing hitting a spike to max and then recovering. Not sure whether that would be CPU or GPU, but, that’s what it looks like to me.

Last edited:

Spukc

how is it you don’t have stutter when someone above just posted a full big thread about it on Reddit with the developers even knowing about the problem and it seems they are working on a hot fix ?
Either you didn’t play it today ( it happened today after the new patch ) or you are not really sure what we are talking about

We are talking about this

if you don’t have this problem started today on ps5 with the PlayStation 5 ( not 4 running backward compatible mode ) then please share a video ?

Today?? Oh shit no i played it non stop for about 1 week the last update did this.

raining complaints on reddit.
So no worries just treyarch fuckery

Chiggs

I completely uninstalled Black Ops from my Series X because there were ray-tracing problems and the game would only run at 30FPS no matter what I did.

Black Ops has been the biggest piece of shit rip-off in my entire gaming career. Fuck you, Activision and everyone else associated with it.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I haven't bought any games other than valhalla for series X. I only experience the screen tearing which has been fixed since. I don't think this is an SSD issue.

Rival

Gold Member
I was getting the stutter today in Cold War as well. Happened three or four times in about 15 minutes. Played Spider-Man remastered for over an hour afterwards and it was fine.

Shmunter

This is not a console issue, this is a new widespread issue specifically for cold war from todays patch. Dont worry, your ps5 is fine. Its been reported all over reddit and my friend who has ps5 has the same issue.
treyarch has addressed the issue: Source
There’s no point in exploring solutions to this matter any further, Nvzman linked to it being a known bug in current rollout. Needs a patch. Go make a sandwich.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Only had it on AC Valhalla occasionally. Now after yesterday's ACV update it seems to have none. Don't have any stutter on Spider-man MM, Watch Dog's Legion, nor Astro's Playroom, so it's something to do with the games and how they are coded.

I don't have COD but I think it's the same with everyone with that game.

whyman

I have stutters in Valhalla sometimes. Usually when it is auto saving. This is not normal? Now I'm worried.

//DEVIL//

I completely uninstalled Black Ops from my Series X because there were ray-tracing problems and the game would only run at 30FPS no matter what I did.

Black Ops has been the biggest piece of shit rip-off in my entire gaming career. Fuck you, Activision and everyone else associated with it.
What ? I borrowed Cold War disk from my friend to test it and it never hit 30 on my series x. Solid 60. Disable ray tracing ?

help ?
oh shit sorry OP, quickly runs to the room to fire up cold war on PS5 to see how it plays

//DEVIL//

oh shit sorry OP, quickly runs to the room to fire up cold war on PS5 to see how it plays
Let us know your experience .
I am wondering if this is specific to some PlayStation 5 models. Because with a game this huge, should be way more vocals on the net and not just a 200 msgs on Reddit lol.

there is a video above to show what the micro stuttering looks like

Let us know your experience .
I am wondering if this is specific to some PlayStation 5 models. Because with a game this huge, should be way more vocals on the net and not just a 200 msgs on Reddit lol.

there is a video above to show what the micro stuttering looks like

will do sir, will post my impressions asap.

Hey OP I just played a match in that night mode of Nuketown on PS5(PS5 version of cold war), max noticed very brief micro stutter. But that's about it. Will try out other maps and let you know. It was TDM. Also played Demon's Souls Final Boss fight, no stutters so far. Why don't you try rebuilding file database thingy from safe mode?

//DEVIL//

Hey OP I just played a match in that night mode of Nuketown on PS5(PS5 version of cold war), max noticed very brief micro stutter. But that's about it. Will try out other maps and let you know. It was TDM. Also played Demon's Souls Final Boss fight, no stutters so far. Why don't you try rebuilding file database thingy from safe mode?
I did . Didn’t do any difference . And only in Cold War. No other game I tried ( well I only have spider man ) did this . But some people are reporting they are not experiencing any including my friend who lives 2 hours away. So who knows at this point if it’s just really the new update or some not all ps5 affected .

because I am not noticing this on my Xbox series x

Entroyp

I noticed some stutter on CoD yesterday, but none on Astro, FIFA, or Destiny. Must be the latest patch.

Minor inconvenience against playing the best CoD version (by a wide margin) out there.

Three

help ?
My game stutters and crashes every single time I play splitscreen. It's unplayable.

So now if a game has an issue we think it means your console broke? It is a software issue, not a hardware issue.

Or maybe Cyberpunk 2077 is just fine, but everyone's PS4 and Xbox One broke at the same time?

People are paranoid about their new consoles.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I hadn't had any issues with this until last night, had some stuttery matches. I'm assuming it was patch related, possibly everyone downloading and playing shit at once?

So now if a game has an issue we think it means your console broke? It is a software issue, not a hardware issue.

Or maybe Cyberpunk 2077 is just fine, but everyone's PS4 and Xbox One broke at the same time?

People are paranoid about their new consoles.
Honestly for good reason....people have been reporting some funny things. Supposedly cold war bricked some ps5s

I wouldn't worry too much. If it is the SSD you can easily just swap it out with a new one and reinstall the OS off a USB drive in 15 minutes right?

Grinchy

Banned
"Immediately after a new update, my game is having problems. It must be the hardware!"

Lol yes its just another shitty patch. Hopefully they fix it soon. And we can give up on them ever fixing the raytracing problems.

sackings

I had DeS literally freeze up for like 5-10 seconds. Only happened once so far, and it managed to recover. The game does chug occasionally so i just assume its not optimized

Spukc

also it seems PC is fucked too atm.
so that kinda sukcs i thought well i might as well play the pc version instead

N O P E

Spukc

the painfull thing is all i play is zombies i dont'need all this online BS.
but treyarch forces me to do this if i want to level.

So even if you don't update you basically can't level up

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
From the update notes:

Lastly, we’re aware of an issue with occasional hitching on PlayStation 5 since this update went live, and a fix is currently scheduled to release as soon as possible

in other words, your console is fucked OP

MetalRain

also it seems PC is fucked too atm.
so that kinda sukcs i thought well i might as well play the pc version instead

N O P E
I think there was a week or so after release when game worked fine, then there was update and game started to perform badly on PC, not sure what gives. Haven't played CoD lately.

Top Bottom