• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So it was all true Ninja Gaiden 3 is really shitty

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Beat Sigma 1 & Sigma 2 on hard last week.

Sigma 1 was good like always. Its asinine that they ported the Vita version over the PS3. On the bright side it has some new costumes & it has Circle/B to open doors instead of Square/X which prevents accidentally opening doors when fighting next to one. I'm happy to now say I have played all four versions of Ninja Gaiden 2004, and turns out they're all pretty good.

Sigma 2 was a mediocre slog that felt permanently on easy mode. The 360 version at least had blood & higher enemy count to keep things visceral, but Sigma 2 is lackluster. This game is simply not on the level of the original. Levels are corridors, enemy variety is drastically reduced. Best thing I can say about 2 is the weapons feel really good. The Lunar and Flails in particular make a triumphant return. One interesting note on Sigma 2 is the Mission mode, which is now fully playable in singleplayer with a CPU partner for this Master Collection. This is actually a neat addition as I enjoyed the missions in Black & Sigma respectively.

Started Razor's Edge on Hard. They finally changed the combat so you can't UT spam as easily. Whether I end up liking the game or not, that change is a major positive. Spamming UTs is just too easy in NG2, including the Xbox version. Unfortunately the level design seems just as bad as 2 and I don't care for the scripted sequences which do not belong in NG.

Will definitely keep playing this collection for the higher difficulties & the mission modes.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Yea, it's incredibly rough, just not fun to play.

I actually got it on Wii U the other month because I had it in my head that the Wii U version was the best version of it. I did not get very far in it, just felt incredibly sloppy and the combat was atrocious. The dodge mechanic, bleh. I probably won't ever go back to it.

Top Bottom