• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, its almost been a year.. how has your 360 experience been?

Drey1082

DaCocoBrova said:
My first one just died, bought another.

I haven't bought anything over marketplace and will continue not buying anything other than the game itself as long as I can help it.

360 is cool, but constantly hoping the shit won't break down all of a sudden has impeded greatly on my overall enjoyment.

Just wondering, why did you choose to buy a new one as opposed to getting the old one replaced?

Zep

Banned
BCD2 said:
I'm not sure I'm following your logic here.

The only games I play (save for a few action titles) are sports...Just the way I'am. Take-Two bought the MLB liscense for 8 years and only 1st parties (Sony) can make the game, which they will. On the other hand, I'll get all the sports games (Madden,2k,Fight Night) all on the PS3 so in the end I wont be needing my 360. Baseball is my favorite sport, so it might seem retarded to you but I don't care.

mysticstylez said:
Wow getting rid of all that just for a baseball game? I personally think that is a bad idea. But hey if you need your baseball, you need baseball.

I'm just glad I play more than just sports games. I'd hate to be in your shoes.

MLB 06 is the best baseball game i've ever played...I'm willing to take a slight loss for it and a PS3.

goldenpp72 said:
Wow, while this thread was loading up this is the first word that I thought of.

Being strapped for cash and being a Student has limited me in the games department, but I have played near all the good releases at one point and owned a few pre april (rr6, graw, pgr3 etc), my experiance with the 360 has been realy good and im glad that I got a launch console. I still play doa4 a fair bit as I love the game and its one of the only games I still own alongside moto gp 06.

Going to sign up with online rental stores soon so I can get back into action and complete a few more games, dead rising is an amazing game and I want more of it!

Coin Return

Loose Slot
360 has been great to me so far, launch system still chuggin. ::knock on wood::

Favorite games have got to be Oblivion and Dead Rising, two games on the oppisite side of the spectrum, but are awesome in their own right.

Parch

Above average.
No hardware problems thankfully, but none of the games are what I would consider AAA. I was really disappointed with some of the feature stripped early sports titles, but they're fixed now. Plus Oblivion didn't grab me as much as I thought it would. Overall the 360 has been a positive experience though. I've enjoyed the racers and the current sport titles.

Perhaps my next gen expectations were a bit high. The 360 has felt like a continuation of last gen instead of a major step forward. I haven't been blown away by any of the titles and I did end up going back to finish up some Xbox and PS2 games. But considering it's the launch year, the 360 has been solid, just not spectacular.

No doubt, the best is yet to come. There are some great 360 titles on the radar and the future looks very bright. We haven't begun to see the best of the 360 yet.

DaddyZ said:
The only games I play (save for a few action titles) are sports...Just the way I'am. Take-Two bought the MLB liscense for 8 years and only 1st parties (Sony) can make the game, which they will. On the other hand, I'll get all the sports games (Madden,2k,Fight Night) all on the PS3 so in the end I wont be needing my 360. Baseball is my favorite sport, so it might seem retarded to you but I don't care.

MLB 06 is the best baseball game i've ever played...I'm willing to take a slight loss for it and a PS3.
I think I got you. Sorry, I haven't followed Take-Two's deal all that closely.

The PS3 will have MLB 07 and 2K7, while the 360 will just have 2K7 (unless MS does their own 1st party title)? Am I correct about that?

I've had mine for a few months and I've had a blast.

XBLA rocks, even if they don't put enough games out weekly.

The games are awesome, Oblivion was the first RPG I ever completed (story mode). Saints Row made the wait for GTA 4 very easy. FFXI runs better than it did on my PS2.
GRAW is a stunner. Just Cause is a good sleeper hit kinda game.

Being able to play demos rocks as well.

The only bad thing is that I can't afford a HDtv to take advantage of it.

I've never owned a console where I do so much with it. One moment I'm playing doom online, maybe some cloning clyde, then I play Just Cause while downloading some demos.

I'm more than satisfied with my purchase.

Koert

I've had mine since launch. Never had any problems with it except with some DVD's. But everything works great now (afther the update). The games are great too, (Especially online (PRG3!)) and I'm looking forward to all those great ones that will come this winter.:)

Kiyamon

I am having a blast with my 360. I finally got a HDTV several months ago and the difference that only renewed my purchase. LIVE Arcade is great.. downloading demos, movies is great... LIVE is great... so far no complaints.

Mr Wispy

I camped out all night to get hands on mine. I took it home and to tell you the truth, was pretty underwhelmed with Condemned. But I was so tired I only played it for about ten minutes then went to sleep.
Woke up and played Kameo and PD0, and was pretty pleased with my purchase.
A few hours later though, everything started getting even better. Kameo was the only really standout great looking game at launch though. The others were merely 'impressive'.

When i got my hands on Fight Night though, well that made me feel all happy inside, and Ghost Recon was where the fun really began.
Far Cry was fricking awful though. Yuck.

After that it was plain sailing with Dead Rising ... until my 360 died.
Last monday. I buried it in my back garden and gave it a good sending off with all the family members present (the controllers and games).

Microsoft had better hurry up and repair it. Bastards.

Out of the games I've owned, I would rate them like this;

Dead Rising: 8.5
Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter 2: 8.4
Fight Night Round 3: 8.0
Kameo: Elements of power: 7.6
Condemned: 7.4
Perfect Dark 0: 6.0
Call of Duty 2: 5.4
Far Cry: Predator: 4.0

P.s. To tell you the truth though ... still my most played game is Halo 2 on Xbox live. Ghost Recon comes a close second ... but Halo 2's accesability online just makes it the king.

Mr Wispy said:
I camped out all night to get hands on mine. I took it home and to tell you the truth, was pretty underwhelmed with Condemned. But I was so tired I only played it for about ten minutes then went to sleep.
Woke up and played Kameo and PD0, and was pretty pleased with my purchase.
A few hours later though, everything started getting even better. Kameo was the only really standout great looking game at launch though. The others were merely 'impressive'.

When i got my hands on Fight Night though, well that made me feel all happy inside, and Ghost Recon was where the fun really began.
Far Cry was fricking awful though. Yuck.

After that it was plain sailing with Dead Rising ... until my 360 died.
Last monday. I buried it in my back garden and gave it a good sending off with all the family members present (the controllers and games).

Microsoft had better hurry up and repair it. Bastards.

Out of the games I've owned, I would rate them like this;

Dead Rising: 8.5
Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter 2: 8.4
Fight Night Round 3: 8.0
Kameo: Elements of power: 7.6
Condemned: 7.4
Perfect Dark 0: 6.0
Call of Duty 2: 5.4
Far Cry: Predator: 4.0

P.s. To tell you the truth though ... still my most played game is Halo 2 on Xbox live. Ghost Recon comes a close second ... but Halo 2's accesability online just makes it the king.

Wow dude how can you rate Call of Duty 5.4 ? Can you elaborate on that. I thought the game was a 9 for sure. I had a blast playing it.

Arsenal

I'd say pretty solid so far, but still plenty of room for improvement. The live experience is great of course and I havn't had any problems with the system aside from a couple lockups. Oblivion is my favorite so far, but a lot of the titles I am really anticipating are coming in 2007.

lix2k3

Very solid, if not excellent, experience. And, this is being said despite having to return the unit. The games have just blown me away. Not to mention, I have a stacked XBLA library that keeps me busy when I need a break from the retail games. Notable games and my ratings for them:

Dead Rising 9.0
Saints Row 8.8
NBA 2K7 9.2
NCAA Football 8.5
PGR 3 8.8
Dead or Alive 4 9.0
Ghost Recon 9.5

Overall, I've had more enjoyment from this game system in its first year than I've had in all the years with my Dreamcast and PS2 combined. Functionality and entertainment value of the marketplace is a big plus.

pswii60

Blimblim said:
For a first year I think the 360 did alright. Some would say "solid if not spectacular", but I'm not one of these guys :D
Anyway, I've been a bit surprised by the support from japanese developers. We got some crappy games from the usual crappy/average jp devs, but we also got RR6 (could have been better I guess, but still a good game), Dead Rising, and now Project Sylpheed. 3 games from publishers who did not support the Xbox or only with broken games. Considering how bad the Xbox games sold in Japan, and how badly the 360 started there, it's surprising to see these games, and even more surprising to see that these devs (not Square though) have more games to be released in the future. As a japanese games lover, this makes me very happy.
One thing I really disliked in the past year is how the vast majority of the game released had major framerate issues. I'm not a framerate whore like dark10x, but still slowdowns and heavy tearing are annoying. Especially when the game doesn't look *that* great for a next-gen title. What I saw in Leipzig and Tokyo thankfully seem to indicate that the next wave of title should be much better. I guess the 360 GPU was much more difficult to use efficiently than anticipated, but since it's a brand new design (compared to the Xbox or even PS3 GPUs who are essentially PC parts) I guess it was to be expected.

Hey Blim, this is what I have been thinking. I'm pretty sure the 360 CPU is far easier to program than the PS3 CPU at this stage but I was certain that developers have been having trouble getting to grips with the 360 GPU. It shows in so many games, where they should look far better than their PC counterparts but don't because of poor programming. I can't wait to see what the 2nd and 3rd wave of 360 games will look like, because I cannot wait to see what the 360 GPU is actually capable of. I read so much about unified shaders, procedural synthesis etc - all unique to the 360 GPU - and yet still totally untapped - just hope someone at MS is on the case to actually make the most of the technology they spend $$$ developing with ATI.

Top Bottom