• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So say Galactic Empire (Star Wars) invades the Star Trek galaxy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Culture, The Xeelee, The Timelords/Daleks etc are all tiers above Starwars and Startrek.

Wars is about on par with 40k, whereas Trek is pretty low on the rung.

I agree about timelords/daleks...but Trek DOES have "temporal timeships" in the 29th century, capable of beaming and traveling throughout the timeline.

The capabilities of these things are really vague though.

Never heard of the Xeelee

They have huge ass time machines, can snuff out stars, and can teleport 100 parsecs (~330 light years) almost instantly. In a tactical sense, they can go from rest to approaching the speed of light in less time than it takes for you to blink.

I agree about timelords/daleks...but Trek DOES have "temporal timeships" in the 29th century, capable of beaming and traveling throughout the timeline.

The capabilities of these things are really vague though.

It's not the Federation (or any other faction) that had the timeship though. If you were going to pull random people from each universe then you may as well just say "lol Q snaps his fingers and the empire disappears" (assuming the empire doesn't shoot him with a musket).

It's not the Federation (or any other faction) that had the timeship though. If you were going to pull random people from each universe then you may as well just say "lol Q snaps his fingers and the empire disappears" (assuming the empire doesn't shoot him with a musket).

wrong.

The USS Relativity (NCV-474439-G) was a Federation Wells-class timeship that was in service with Starfleet in the 29th century. It was commissioned at the University of Copernicus, and was under the command of Captain Braxton. The vessel was equipped with powerful sensors capable of scanning throughout spacetime, and a temporal transporter capable of beaming an individual to virtually any point in space and time.

more info at http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Relativity

So is this 29th Century Federation vs Wars, or what?

no, didn't bring that into the discussion at all. If we include the federation timecops, it becomes ludicrously lopsided.

That was just a fun bit of trivia in regards to Trek "as a whole" being the low man on the totem pole. If you include the Relativity and it's ilk (which operate all along the timeline), Trek is very advanced- though I'd still give the edge to Timelords and Daleks.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The Culture, The Xeelee, The Timelords/Daleks etc are all tiers above Starwars and Startrek.

Wars is about on par with 40k, whereas Trek is pretty low on the rung.

I dunno, the Time Lords were actually at "war" with the Daleks who have never seemed that impressive in terms of firepower and destructive ability. I mean, yeah, they're strong, but the Daleks aren't orders of magnitude stronger then Wars or Trek

I dunno, the Time Lords were actually at "war" with the Daleks who have never seemed that impressive in terms of firepower and destructive ability. I mean, yeah, they're strong, but the Daleks aren't orders of magnitude stronger then Wars or Trek

oh man, don't start this argument lol. Trek vs. Wars is hard enough.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Re: the supposed "small planet" buster. In "The Die is Cast", an armada of Romulan and Cardassion ships launches thousands of torpedoes at a single target on a planet with Earth-like qualities (as seen in "The Search"). There is no appearent visual damage to the planet, and the dialogue states some superficial "crust" damage of the affected area. The planets referred to in Voyager must be VERY small.

That "armada" was 20 ships and those "thousands of torpedoes" was just their initial volley. The dialogue very specifically said thirty percent of the planetary crust was destroyed, not superficially damaged. The lack of surprise amongst the crew would seem to indicate that that level of destruction is not at all unexpected.

I actually can't take any of the classic Dr Who villains seriously because they look so incredibly dumb and their list of abilities, immunities to weapons and so on reads like something a 9 year old came up with while god-modding in a forum-RPG. Nuh uh you can't shoot my daleks because they're immune to bullets! And bombs! And everything else! And they have super death rays that destroy everything you have! And they can blow up time! And they can fly!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I actually can't take any of the classic Dr Who villains seriously because they look so incredibly dumb and their list of abilities, immunities to weapons and so on reads like something a 9 year old came up with while god-modding in a forum-RPG. Nuh uh you can't shoot my daleks because they're immune to bullets! And bombs! And everything else! And they have super death rays that destroy everything you have! And they can blow up time! And they can fly!

See, I buy that an individual Dalek on the ground is far more powerful then a stormtrooper or a federation soldier, but the Dalek ships have always just been...unimpressive.

See, I buy that an individual Dalek on the ground is far more powerful then a stormtrooper or a federation soldier, but the Dalek ships have always just been...unimpressive.

There are so many weird temporal devices at use in Doctor Who that I can't even begin to argue it. All I know for certain is that one season finale in particular had the daleks threatening to annihilate all existence with a "reality bomb" and...yeah.

Might as well argue Star Trek vs. Marvel Comics. (and I say this knowing that someone, somewhere will post that pic of Gladiator threatening TOS Enterprise)

There are so many weird temporal devices at use in Doctor Who that I can't even begin to argue it. All I know for certain is that one season finale in particular had the daleks threatening to annihilate all existence with a "reality bomb" and...yeah.

Might as well argue Star Trek vs. Marvel Comics. (and I say this knowing that someone, somewhere will post that pic of Gladiator threatening TOS Enterprise)

1090153-gladiator01_super.jpg

Yessss my favorite thread is back!

AND WHERE DO YOU STAND, SIR??

edit: rereading the last few pages i don't think I can give Lonewolf_92 enough credit.The Doomsday machine episode from TOS is a really, REALLY powerful argument for shield strength.
That thing was basically the death star, and TOS enterprise tanked several shots from it. Any argument that TIE fighters or Slave 1 have higher power output than whatever that is, is null and void.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
and in the thousands of years after The Republic their tech is largely the same.

honestly neither has warhammer 40k's and some of it lost for generations, and i still think they'd rape SW and ST. I mean come one a living city planet? the moon sized death ..star ship... , starwars is complete cheat mode. Not to mention when a captain hails the super star destroyer darth vader is going to choke him ....thru the screen.... SW's technology fits whatever story they want to tell or setting they want to make, ST's tech is a bit more constrained to telling a more down to earth story (space exploration/politics) in a futuristic background.

Alexlf

Star Wars: Acclamator troop transport
Light guns: 300 million GW
Heavy guns: 2.4 million megatons
Sublight acceleration: 3500G
Shield heat dissipation: 70 trillion GW peak
Reactor power: 200 trillion GW max
Max hyperspace speed: 10 million to 100 million times c

Star Wars: Slave-1 (Bobba Fett's ship)
Main guns: 64000 GW
Missiles: 190 megatons
Shield heat dissipation: around 2 billion GW
Reactor power: around 7 billion GW
Max hyperspace speed: 10 million c

Star Trek: Enterprise-D
Main phasers: 3.6 GW
Photon torpedoes: 64 megatons
Sublight acceleration: 1000G
Shield heat dissipation: 3311 GW peak
Max warp speed: ~2000c (warp 9.6)

It isn't even close xD

edit: this is scifi, both SW and Star Trek's numbers are utterly ridiculous in real world terms.

Lol, those Star Wars numbers are 100% BS in universe. No need for a death star when a measly troop transport can wipe out all life on the surface of any given planet lol.

EDIT: Ahhhgg bumped the wrong thread, rip me sorry mods

the Federation surrender, secretly enter the wormhole, wait 30 years or so, convince Rey to join them and she single-handedly destroys the entire empire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom