• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So This Halo Top Ice Cream Commercial...

Tagyhag

That doesn't make me want ice cream lol.

Ucq11.gif

Should just have this and then "HALO TOP ICE CREAM!"

Quonny

It was kinda funny, then it got disturbing, then it got sad.

I mean, people will talk about it so in that sense it's a success, but that was #tooreal for me.

Xe4

Banned
Well, it got my attention that's for sure. I suppose that's half the battle right there. Definitely didn't make me want ice cream though.

h1nch

I liked that ad!

I also really like Halo Top. I've only had Vanilla Bean, but it is excellent. I've heard some of the other flavors aren't super great.

I saw it before IT and adored the ad. My GF... not so much. Is Halo Top even ice cream? I thought it was a "frozen dairy dessert."

dbztrk

I had two halo top flavors. I was underwhelmed based upon the rave reviews. Also, I thought they smelled bad.

Folks I know who have tried Halo Top consistently tell me they regret their purchase. A good way to not eat ice cream is to buy something called ice cream that tastes like regret and disappointment, I guess.

I think they're telling dieters that you're enslaved to terrible low calorie ice cream if you want ice cream at all while everyone else is free to be happy. The bland, sterilized room is visually describing to you what the taste will feel like.

Magwik

Banned
The commercial got me out to see if the Ice Cream is good at all last night.
It's disgusting. Tastes like someone pouring chocolate syrup in ice shavings and called it a day. Halo Top should be banned from the ice cream isles.

webkatt

So it seems this this was made specifically to play before the movie It. It's intentionally creepy because of that.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
So it seems this this was made specifically to play before the movie It. It's intentionally creepy because of that.

Not to mention a few degrees related to Stephen King.

You know, this being clearly inspired by 2001 ASO, being directed by Kubrick, who directed The Shining.

jb1234

The commercial got me out to see if the Ice Cream is good at all last night.
It's disgusting. Tastes like someone pouring chocolate syrup in ice shavings and called it a day. Halo Top should be banned from the ice cream isles.

What flavor? They vary wildly in quality. Try the Red Velvet.

SMattera

I liked that ad!

I also really like Halo Top. I've only had Vanilla Bean, but it is excellent. I've heard some of the other flavors aren't super great.

Vanilla is probably one of the worst ones, honestly.

Try peanut butter cup, red velvet, or cookie dough.

Top Bottom