• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, uh, the crazy buttocks on a train (CBOAT) is back?

Heretic

t1400234400z4.png

It would make sense for it to be Halo TV or Halo movie related, so that they can keep with their focus on 'games games game' for E3. But we'll see in 20 minutes.

Iron Man = Master Chief
Guardians of the Galaxy = Halo (something) teaser

could be anything. Halo TV series teaser attached to the movie. Halo 2 Anniversary releasing on August 1 (same day as GOTG). That would be my guess.
Means Master Chief is about to band together a group of MS IP's. To take down a space spider and man

If it's TV show maybe CBOAT was hinting at possible James Gunn involvement.
If it's game, wasn't there an open galaxy rumour where chief can go around the galaxies?

The reason it was shown at E3 last year was a last gasp attempt at clawing some hype back.

Do you have any evidence to back that up with?

Halo is Microsoft's biggest franchise, it was always going to be at the new consoles first E3 one way or another.

Im surprised its Halo 5 though in honesty, so perhaps they did feel their hand was forced.

Skeff

Now I'm interested in what morsel Sony will throw out there to counter some of the Halo 5 news.

Errrrm, nothing I imagine. there's no need, announcing a game that is 18 months away that many thought as only 6 months away isn't going to exactly change the landscape.

This whole CBOAT thing was pretty funny.
The guy started leaking some negative stuff about the X1 a year ago and MS fans started complaining about him.
Then something happened with his TF info, he got banned, and everyone who complained about him took the opportunity to say "see, we were right!".
Now that he leaked halo 5...no one complains.

Meanwhile, people with at least some common sense understood that everything X1 has been shifting in the past year, and that his information, while maybe true at one point in time, didn't mean that was how it was going to be.

LowerLevel

The guy started leaking some negative stuff about the X1 a year ago and MS fans started complaining about him.
Then something happened with his TF info, he got banned, and everyone who complained about him took the opportunity to say "see, we were right!".

Meanwhile, people with at least some common sense understood that everything X1 has been shifting in the past year, and that his information, while maybe true at one point in time, didn't mean that was how it was going to be.

MS "fans" are more happy to hear that it seems to be confirming what ntkrnl had said more than what cBoat is saying, I feel.

I have literally no clue what point you're trying to make.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
CBOAT's been taken over by MS PR.
You mean after the Shangheist smoke out? The thought crossed my mind. Seemed a bit pointless to tease something either moments before or at the same time as news of an embargo on Halo 5 was revealed. We'll see if this is the same CBOAT.

What about those who thrived on his negativity, cheerleading his posts. I actually agree with you for people criticising the account but don't try and play it as all one sided. Some people love that account because it's mostly negative Xbox rumours. It works both ways.

Don't know about you but the whole situation is laughable to me

What about those who thrived on his negativity, cheerleading his posts. I actually agree with you for people criticising the account but don't try and play it as all one sided. Some people love that account because it's mostly negative Xbox rumours. It works both ways.

Don't know about you but the whole situation is laughable to me

Didn't I say it was funny? :)
I agree with you though, some love him because of him relaying bad news about the X1, and some hate him because he's relaying bad news.

I'll add this to my final sentence in that post, and I've mentioned it before here on GAF:
Some people act like these insiders are always 100% right, when they can't be. They're relaying rumors, leaks and whatever inside information, some of which can change at any given time. It's unbelievable how some people kept and keep forgetting this.

Nugg

He clearly has some sort of inside connection, and he shares what he knows. Sometimes, it's negative, but it's not his fault. And sometimes, things changes without him knowing, so he looks like an ass. He's an insider, not an almighty god.

Didn't I say it was funny? :)
I agree with you though, some love him because of him relaying bad news about the X1, and some hate him because he's relaying bad news.

I'll add this to my final sentence in that post, and I've mentioned it before here on GAF:
Some people act like these insiders are always 100% right, when they can't be. They're relaying rumors, leaks and whatever inside information, some of which can change at any given time. It's unbelievable how some people kept and keep forgetting this.

Yeah good point, people can be wrong. It's the whole circus around it that gets me rolling. I think it stems from the perceived intentions of the insider as it were, some folk believe they take their preferences a bit too far and want to spread shit about a competitor and others thrive on it, placing on a pedestal I don't know, just genuine info either way will suit me fine.

I've been lurking on GAF a while, before I signed up with an account, and honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the effect insiders like CBOAT and Mortimer have on the forum. Sure, I get that as a dedicated 'hardcore' gaming forum, GAF is always thirsty for the latest news, but things always seem to get really political when insiders start posting leaks online.

Obviously CBOAT didn't make the same sort of mistakes that Mortimer did, but I'm still not a fan of the way unsubstantiated stuff like the 720p/not-720p thing gets the forums so riled up. When you look at how other insider threads have ended up, it makes me think that any insider should be treated with healthy dose of caution and skepticism, lest we have another case of a developer having to step in and explain their personal lives to the forum. Welcoming insiders as forum heroes makes me very nervous.

StuBurns

Banned
I've been lurking on GAF a while, before I signed up with an account, and honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the effect insiders like CBOAT and Mortimer have on the forum. Sure, I get that as a dedicated 'hardcore' gaming forum, GAF is always thirsty for the latest news, but things always seem to get really political when insiders start posting leaks online.

Obviously CBOAT didn't make the same sort of mistakes that Mortimer did, but I'm still not a fan of the way unsubstantiated stuff like the 720p/not-720p thing gets the forums so riled up. When you look at how other insider threads have ended up, it makes me think that any insider should be treated with healthy dose of caution and skepticism, lest we have another case of a developer having to step in and explain their personal lives to the forum. Welcoming insiders as forum heroes makes me very nervous.
They're banned just as quickly as they're worshiped, it's not like they post with impunity.

Top Bottom