• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, uh, the crazy buttocks on a train (CBOAT) is back?

Cade

Mar 1, 2012
Please tell me there's not going to be a cross promotion with GOTG for Halo 2A/5.

Regiruler

Jun 4, 2013
I didn't know it was possible to become MORE confusing. Unless CBOAT is doing movie leaks... in the halo thread.

Sep 10, 2010
That's an old teaser image for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy movie. EDIT: Featuring Iron Man it seems.

I dunno what to make of it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jun 7, 2009
This was rumoured multiple times already (even besides the fact that it's in the latest run), but also may have already been hinted at from Infinity. Copy paste from a post I made in the GotG thread:

So, since Marvel Super Heroes for Disney Infinity was unveiled today, I caught this in the press release:

"Try the Mark 42 on for size! Use Iron Man's black and white special edition Guardians of the Galaxy armor with added boom!"

Now, aside from the fact that the B&W armor isn't the Mk42, they italicize GotG, which means they're referring to the movie. Does this mean we'll see Gemini and RDJ make a cameo in GotG?

Oh, also the trailer featured the Avengers Tower as well. They seem to be integrating a lot of MCU elements, for obvious reasons.

Chettlar

Banned
Dec 4, 2013

jbug617

Banned
Jan 8, 2012
Don't know if it's related but Shinobi is on twitter saying there is Halo news coming tomorrow.

Regiruler

Jun 4, 2013
I want to half-bet that buttocks is just messing with us.
But it's probably supposed to mean something.

Iron man could mean there's a crossover involved, since he's not a part of the guardians (at least in the movie anyway, idk about the comics)..

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Jun 7, 2004
will it have alpha textures?

Jimmy Rustle

Jul 11, 2013
So he posts concept art of some weird monsters fighting with a photoshopped Iron Man in a Halo thread?

Call my cynical, but CBOAT truly has fallen. Lol.

Sep 10, 2010
Go to 7-11 this summer to load up on some Doritos Jacked (now with more Iron) and don't forget to fill up on Gamerfuel in an exclusive 100oz GotG cup that also has a code for double XP in Halo 5.