• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, uhhh, what happened to that Young Conker Hololens....thing?

Hololens needs more technical advancements, especially wider FOV, imho. I don't wanna be like:

4OgdMVh.jpg

Rembrandt

Banned
There's been very little publicity about it in the past year or so, especially as far as gaming goes, so most people here (including myself) had no idea it's already out.

Because it's not a gaming platform exclusively. It was primarily demoed at tech trade conferences. If your only knowledge of it was the E3 showing, then you might be a little confused.

I've been following it from announcement to release. It just takes one Google search.

Rembrandt

Banned
It was a proof of concept thing, as far as i understood was never meant to actually be a full game.

We said it's out in the first page. Nevermind, saw your edit.

Idk actually. Not surprising nobody knows it's not out, though. Wasn't ever supposed to be a huge deal.

If that, tbh. They should hit that if they want to be at the front of the AR movement, though.

MS may push their cheap partnered VR headsets until release.

Samemind

Here's over an hour of footage of the game. Not at all what any Conker fan would want, but the gameplay looks alright for being an AR game and it at least has some decent puns (like when Conker is flattering a file cabinet who responds with something like "oh, you're just trying to get in my drawers!", or when a frying pan insists that he prefers "handle to handle combat, like a real pan").

To be honest, that environment scanning bit at the start is probably the most interesting part to me. Even as a very rough first revision of the technology, the idea that it's only a matter of time before rendering your physical space as a virtual entity becomes an accessible experience is quite exciting.

Salty Hippo

I'm surprised Phil didn't cancel this one aswell :p

You have to be completely out of touch with your own community and IP to even give this monstrosity the go ahead in the first place. We're talking about Spencer here, so yeah. I'm sure he thought it would be a great idea, especially after the backlash they got for Conker in Spark. What a genius.

Rembrandt

Banned
You have to be completely out of touch with your own community and IP to even give this monstrosity the go ahead in the first place. We're talking about Spencer here, so yeah. I'm sure he thought it would be a great idea, especially after the backlash they got for Conker in Spark. What a genius.

Project Spark had potential, though. Them adding the conker IP to it wasn't a bad thing.

sangreal

It's a free tech demo for a $3000 development kit

Lazaro

I think Kudo Tsunoda handled this he's one of the head of the Windows experience group which includes HoloLens.
http://www.asobostudio.com/games/young-conker

The publisher is listed as Microsoft Corparation (Office apps, Groove Music etc) and not Microsoft Studios like other Windows 10 game titles.

Top Bottom