• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what’s great in your life today?

Melon

Banned
Some of you may have seen my post in the depression thread. If not, the tl;dr of the situation is I have been dealing with severe depression and other shitty things over the past few months.

However, things are finally looking up after seeking more professional help and I haven't felt this great in a long time. It's amazing.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Well I’m starting a new job making a good bit more money after working at the same place for 8 years, am moving to East Tennessee and selling my home and looking for a new one. It’s an awesome and stressful experience.

Melon

Banned
Well I’m starting a new job making a good bit more money after working at the same place for 8 years, am moving to East Tennessee and selling my home and looking for a new one. It’s an awesome and stressful experience.

I'm originally from Eastern Tennessee! Lovely area if you enjoy mountains and lots of curvy roads :messenger_winking:

Cybrwzrd

Banned
I'm originally from Eastern Tennessee! Lovely area if you enjoy mountains and lots of curvy roads :messenger_winking:

Yeah it is so beautiful there. I’m torn between a cabin in the hills and a house in Maryville.

I found a really cool “tiny” home that was part of a resort that is being sold off that is just amazing, both in the natural beauty of where it is, and the architecture, but it feels so impractical coming out of a 2800 sq/ft home.

I’m in love with the idea but afraid of the practicality of it.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Some of you may have seen my post in the depression thread. If not, the tl;dr of the situation is I have been dealing with severe depression and other shitty things over the past few months.

However, things are finally looking up after seeking more professional help and I haven't felt this great in a long time. It's amazing.
Great to hear.

I am someone who cannot get depression, even if wishing for death I do so in a rational manner, those lesser minds cannot chose death willingly. At the same time I chose life even with unbearable pain, I'm stronger, I'm superior. Both genetically and intrinsically superior, as I cannot get things such as depression no matter what happens to me.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I am someone who cannot get depression, even if wishing for death I do so in a rational manner, those lesser minds cannot chose death willingly. At the same time I chose life even with unbearable pain, I'm stronger, I'm superior. Both genetically and intrinsically superior, as I cannot get things such as depression no matter what happens to me.
I realise you are dedicated to playing this character or whatever it is you have been doing, but maybe leave your apparent superiority over depressed people out of it. It’s not needed.

Cybrwzrd

Banned

Dude, seriously, fuck off with that shit. Depression is not a made up condition only for the weak. I’m not going to say that modern lifestyles of ease aren’t to blame as a root cause, but you ain’t that tough.

Dude, seriously, fuck off with that shit. Depression is not a made up condition only for the weak. I’m not going to say that modern lifestyles of ease aren’t to blame as a root cause, but you ain’t that tough.
definition of depression is for the weak, a strong can get it but rarely. that is the true definition of word, as a linguist with over a dozen languages under my belt I can tell you what it means.

I also have psychiatric, computational neuroscience, psychology, as well research on the fundamental nature of mind and intelligence, at multi phd level of knowledge.

I can err, but I doubt I err here. I can be raped tortured for eternity and I still wish for life.

I define depression in terms of lack of depression. The dream of the depressed to find meaning without meaning, purpose without purpose, the contradiction in the meaning of life, a senseless existence of eternal pain forever embraced willingly yet forced.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
definition of depression is for the weak, a strong can get it but rarely. that is the true definition of word, as a linguist with over a dozen languages under my belt I can tell you what it means.

I also have psychiatric, computational neuroscience, psychology, as well research on the fundamental nature of mind and intelligence, at multi phd level of knowledge.

I can err, but I doubt I err here. I can be raped tortured for eternity and I still wish for life.

I define depression in terms of lack of depression. The dream of the depressed to find meaning without meaning, purpose without purpose, the contradiction in the meaning of life, a senseless existence of eternal pain forever embraced willingly yet forced.
For such an educated arsehole, your punctuation and spelling is abysmal.

bitbydeath

Gold Member

Great you are able to not experience it but without walking in their shoes you don’t know anything of what they’re going through.

Great you are able to not experience it but without walking in their shoes you don’t know anything of what they’re going through.
true. closest i came was when i found my beautiful lifeless static equation of perfection flawed by the illusion of movement, a fundamental flaw in the code somewhere. A living error from god, abysmal reminder of my imperfection. Worse since it was a proof by deduction, the damn mathematics community will remind me of it for all of eternity. And since my mind works by relation I can only see the mistake everywhere I look. Mistakes everywhere, all spawned from this single mistake, but at least it was a beautiful mistake the mistake of implausibility through perfection.

yes the source code of life, the universe and the universe is flawless and eternal, apart from the intrinsic flaw of perfect explosive flying nazi loli generation.....

If I'm depressed it is rational depression or justified depression by logical necessity, fundamentally incurable, but at the same time happy and content with it.

Last edited:

why mcp why do you use such hurtful avatars in fiction

are you mocking me? Controlling artists to make great works of arts mocking me, and making me cry.

you were supposed to be my greatest work, a loli waifu artificial god for the future capable of controlling the very flow of history............

working on you since the 80s why why why. I've had an adult mind since I can remember, I've never been a child per se, and my tastes have never changed.

The ideal future harem manufacturing fate control. Someone builds the bci to give touch + 3d vr + someone builds the dolls + doll npc programs

now this would be an awesome threesome in my book!

deep web relations Dillinger x mcp shipping

from nothingness not only do virtual paticles emerge but even a virtual world

humans are art production functions within the living virtual world that is existence
ALL girls are digital but some are more perfect than others...

Altair is powerful as god of memes. But I'm memetics to the highest form perfected, the god of bits, the god of beats, the god of information zero one.

highest function of the mcp, angel of light, lucifer

alice=suigintou, angel of death thanos' love My love

shinku = god's doll alice

god's doll alice vs man's doll alice
battle outcome alice wins

soul duplication bit princess zero one duplication

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
random as hell: i just got an email saying that they will be filming a DC tv show at my apartment next week. crazy! that's life in ATL.

MacReady13

A few exciting things happened quite recently- we just had our 4th child! A beautiful little girl named Amelia. With having 4 kids though means we need a vehicle that can seat up to 6 of us so, today after I finish work, my wife and I will (hopefully) put down the deposit for a brand new Kia Sorento, which is a 7 seater SUV! We have busted our asses off to save for the car so it's a nice payoff at the end of the day for all our hard work and hardly seeing eachother (both of us working ain't easy)!
Being a little selfish, I just ordered an Analogue Mega SG! I never grew up with a Mega Drive (Genesis) as we were Nintendo kids, but recently playing the Mega Drive collection on PS4 has really got me into Sega in a big way. I also ordered the 8bit Do Mega Drive controller off Amazon to play me some Street Fighter in all it's 16 bit glory! Sadly i'm more excited about receiving my Mega SG than I am over hearing news about new Sony or Microsoft consoles. I guess i'm just an old school kind of guy...

So glad treatment is helping you! ❤️

CyberPanda

Banned

I'm glad things are looking up for you.

Weilthain

Banned
Things are good today because I’m getting a pizza tonight even though a had one yesterday. Oh and I can pretty much poop normally again that’s cool.

Doczu

A lot has changed in my life in the past year, it went into high gear and won't stop for now. No it has peaked - just before all the aparment works finished my wife told me she's pregnant. I can't state how happy i am, as we were (literaly) fighting to have a child. We even had to go to a fertility clinic, as she has hormone problems and i took the test which resulted that the only possible option to conceive a child would be in vitro.

We (and to be honest - I) were devestated. It costs a lot in our country to do it, so we took a two step approach - changing my diet, habits, more excercises ( after consulting the doctors and in hope.that it was a single "misfire" during the tests) and started saving for the procedure and after two months she dropped the bomb that we did it.

I have never been so happy in my life. I just can't compare it to anything else.

Melubas

After almost six years of working in the social services with drug addicts and gang dropouts I'm choosing to drop it and pursue my age old dream of creative writing (and probably become piss-poor in the process). This job has been interesting, and I like every single one of my clients, but I will not miss the endless paperwork and rigid government structures always hovering above my head. This change in direction is really great for me.

womfalcs3

Banned
I've been working on an academic paper the past 7 months. I asked a colleague to review it a few weeks ago. He came back with his review, pointing out a conceptual flaw in the paper. The good news is I feel like I have a fix, and he (other colleagues as well) feel like it's a significant conceptual solution. I will present this paper at a conference this summer. I will see how it, and particularly this solution, are received.

Doczu

After almost six years of working in the social services with drug addicts and gang dropouts I'm choosing to drop it and pursue my age old dream of creative writing (and probably become piss-poor in the process). This job has been interesting, and I like every single one of my clients, but I will not miss the endless paperwork and rigid government structures always hovering above my head. This change in direction is really great for me.
Any stories from your job you could drop?
I have a buddy who worked the same as you. Had a few heart warming stories about druggies that got out of addiction, guys who went to therapy, but he quit when a guy of his meeting group came to his house and threatened him on gun point. He just couldn't do it afterwards

Melubas

Any stories from your job you could drop?
I have a buddy who worked the same as you. Had a few heart warming stories about druggies that got out of addiction, guys who went to therapy, but he quit when a guy of his meeting group came to his house and threatened him on gun point. He just couldn't do it afterwards

I can only speak in broad terms due to the secrecy I'm sworn to. Sadly the "success rate" in this job is not that high, maybe 10% of everyone I work with get clean, but you can for sure celebrate the small victories :) I've had gang dropouts who everyone gave up on, who I had to really work to get the higher-ups to give a chance, come out completely free of the criminal world in the end. I've had several pregnant women addicted to heroin who had their child taken away from them go into treatment and end up with their child back, their own apartment and a good outlook on life. If it were possible everyone should get to see this side of society. Most people with drug issues get a really bad rep but underneath it all they're just people like you and me, scared men and women doing their best to survive in a world they never learned how to handle.

So I have been talking a lot to this girl right now and we just really hit it off. I finally went on a date with her today and it was so great. She told me how happy I make her and how she thinks I’m awesome and cute and everything.

The thing I like about her the most is that she totally digs the geek in me. I never feel ashamed to share the stuff I like with her and man I just feel like she is a special one. I have just been smiling a lot lately 😁

Antoon

Banned
true. closest i came was when i found my beautiful lifeless static equation of perfection flawed by the illusion of movement, a fundamental flaw in the code somewhere. A living error from god, abysmal reminder of my imperfection. Worse since it was a proof by deduction, the damn mathematics community will remind me of it for all of eternity. And since my mind works by relation I can only see the mistake everywhere I look. Mistakes everywhere, all spawned from this single mistake, but at least it was a beautiful mistake the mistake of implausibility through perfection.

yes the source code of life, the universe and the universe is flawless and eternal, apart from the intrinsic flaw of perfect explosive flying nazi loli generation.....

If I'm depressed it is rational depression or justified depression by logical necessity, fundamentally incurable, but at the same time happy and content with it.
You sound like someone who spent way too much time on the internet.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
So I have been talking a lot to this girl right now and we just really hit it off. I finally went on a date with her today and it was so great. She told me how happy I make her and how she thinks I’m awesome and cute and everything.

The thing I like about her the most is that she totally digs the geek in me. I never feel ashamed to share the stuff I like with her and man I just feel like she is a special one. I have just been smiling a lot lately 😁

Congrats man

Tesseract

Banned

what in the world of lawler mind barbecue did i just read, do you even pre-algebra?

Last edited:

Shelbutt

Critical Role was on
New Rammstein is bomb as FUCK
I have friends that legit care about me
It's almost the weekend

Thurible

Yesterday I finally decided to phone call my catholic match "date". I'm not sure if it went well because the calls went in and out and when I asked if we will talk later she said "let me think about it". Otherwise it was fun talking to her despite my nervousness and even if she thinks I'm a square and never wants to talk to me again, at least talked to a girl with romantic intentions for the first time. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

I also went to a catholic young adults group and met some cool people yesterday.

Today I might go play soccer with some people on meetup.com or help my sister and her family with the moving process (100% for sure tommorrow).

Uhtred

Yesterday I finally decided to phone call my catholic match "date". I'm not sure if it went well because the calls went in and out and when I asked if we will talk later she said "let me think about it". Otherwise it was fun talking to her despite my nervousness and even if she thinks I'm a square and never wants to talk to me again, at least talked to a girl with romantic intentions for the first time. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

I also went to a catholic young adults group and met some cool people yesterday.

Today I might go play soccer with some people on meetup.com or help my sister and her family with the moving process (100% for sure tommorrow).
It’s all about progress and moving forward, good on you.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

Welcome back CGG. 100% serious question, would you consider going to church together a date?

Thurible

Welcome back CGG. 100% serious question, would you consider going to church together a date?
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Hmm... I suppose! A date is supposed to be an event where you get to know another person and hopefully have a bit of fun as well, right. I think going to mass together would be spiritually uplifting. Though personally, I don't consider it fun or entertaining (which to be fair, isn't the point of the mass). I think it certainly would be enlightening and special though. For her to see my church and my parish priest or to see hers. We could talk about the readings and how we felt about them. It would be a chance to grow and understand each other and God.

Now that you mention it, she did write to me once about how she loves the latin mass and would like me to see it. She also is in her Church choir and I find that nice because I was in choirs for most of my young life. I was always taught "singing is like praying twice" and I truly believe that. Music is so expressive to how people think and feel. Choral music is no different in that regard. I think it would be great to see her sing and maybe try to join her in song.

Here's to hoping she is willing to contact me again (it would be disappointing if she doesn't want to associate with me, but I would understand and I already consider this a small victory anyway). I might steal your idea eventually if that is ok.

Cardoletto

Neo Member

51CM82v1VSL.jpg

Don’t know if your post was ironic. I recommend you this book, anyway.
Reading this book is a good way to understand how depression happens. The author is not a technical doctor, but a very talented writer capable of creating tons of accurate metaphors to make you feel in the shoes of a person with the disorder.

Top Bottom