• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what happend with Ni No Kuni III?

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
It's a Level-5 game. They probably had internal restructuring after how fucking bad Yokai Watch 3 bombed in the West and they had to close up shop of their localisation efforts. I remember the first game selling MEGA, did the second even do well?

ZoukGalaxy

Some game goes into oblivion before to come back, nothing really unusual, like The Talos Principle 2, it was announced or confirmed a LONG TIME AGO and we finally just recently got some news about the release after a much too long radio silence.

Activate The Talos Principle GIF by Xbox
Activate Wake Up GIF by Xbox

Just forget it for now and the wait will be "bearable".

Last edited:
The translated interview just says a new Ni No Kuni is being worked on.

It was probably the free to play mobile game that came out in 2021.

everyone keeps going on like it was canceled, never was. Mobile game.

probably more successful than the console titles put together.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Level 5 is dead sadly. They mismanaged their IPs.

All I wanted was a new Dark Chronicle game. ;(

Last edited:

LakeOf9

2 was a terrible game and then Level 5 almost went bankrupt

I think they are coming back now with some cool games, but they are probably focusing on IPs that actually have some mass market appeal, compared to Ni no Kuni, which has never really been profitable

Level 5 is dead sadly. They mismanaged their IPs.
No they are not, they have a bunch of cool stuff coming out that was announced just some months ago

Last edited:

Rival

Gold Member
I don’t know what is going on with 3 but I loved 1 and 2 was the most disappointing game of all time for me. Doubt I’ll even play it if there is a third one.

Hudo

Who knows what goes on inside Level-5 these days. Akino and Horii themselves teased a DQ9 remake in an interview years ago (and I highly doubt they would publicly talk and joke around about it without the intention to make). And we got nothing.

Ryūtō

2 fucking sucked so they killed it
Yeah from what I played of 2 so far it isn't the best, but it does have it's crowning moments. The first one on the other hand was exceptional. I was honestly surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
4 years ago Ni No Kuni III was announced, but hasnt heard anything since.

You forgot to take them off your naughty list after NNK 2. They had to close up shop in the US. Maybe next Christmas you will remember them and drop a bag of money under their tree.

Slacking Claus, Slacking.

kevm3

Not so sure why people hate part 2. Part 2 was better than from what I've played of 1, unless you are just tethered to the turn based content.

Top Bottom