• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, what stores will have Wii tomorrow?

bachikarn

Does anyone know if 24-7 Wal-Marts are going to have Wii's on sale at 12:01 or at like 5 AM when their Black Friday deals start?

NomarTyme

Sullichin said:
Didn't Gamestop not even have enough to fill out pre-orders?
I thought it was the PS3 that didn't fill-out the pre-orders. Best Buy might be your best chance though, so get up early and wait.

Sullichin

I guess I'll wait outside Best Buy then. I don't see it confirmed on their site or flyer, though.

GameStop doesn't open until later, anyway

bill0527

According to friends of mine that work in every different retail store in town, they've all got Wii's and have had them for several days, but they're holding them in the back for Black Friday.

What time do Best Buys and Gamestops open tomorrow?

According to my local flyer, all EBs in town open at 7am. I'm going to go at 6am and see how the line is.

Anyword if any store will have some component cables for the Wii or is it still the hardest video game related product to find this christmas

neptunes said:
futureshop, bestbuy canada
I went to Bestbuy to ask today and the man said that though they're certain they'll come in friday, they just don't know what time, the truck could arrive at any time to ship them. This really blows, what the hell am I supposed to do? Drive there at random times hoping they've shipped and haven't sold out?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Teh Messenjah said:
I went to Bestbuy to ask today and the man said that though they're certain they'll come in friday, they just don't know what time, the truck could arrive at any time to ship them. This really blows, what the hell am I supposed to do? Drive there at random times hoping they've shipped and haven't sold out?
Stores have phone numbers. Crazy, I know.

neptunes said:
futureshop, bestbuy canada
Best Buy is going to be crazy up here, they'll have a minimum of 10 PS3's per store to go along with the 20 Wii's.

sidebanner_23_EN.gif
sidebanner_stock_EN.gif

6.8 said:
hit the website and choose pickup in store. that's what I'll be doing.

Last time I checked, the pickup in store option is not available for the Wii (WTF), but if i'm wrong I'll do this for sure. If I can't I'll ask that they ship it. I just don't have the time or the means to look at every store, every day.

GrimReaper said:
Last time I checked, the pickup in store option is not available for the Wii (WTF), but if i'm wrong I'll do this for sure. If I can't I'll ask that they ship it. I just don't have the time or the means to look at every store, every day.
I checked and you could use it. Whether they let you do it when the quantity is higher than 0 is still a mystery. Maybe it was only for the launch?

neptunes

Oh most futureshops and canadian bestbuys already have their shipment of wii's for tomorrow. Some even got a few yesterday but they're all holding them back for friday to co-incide with their weekend flyer.

if they had them out and they became sold out before the flyer hit, they'd be some serious shit.

here's their suppposed expected allotement

FS (all other FS very little supply)
Ed N 1
Ed S 28
Red Deer 25
Grand Prairie 57
Markham 24
Thunder Bay 14
Scott Road 24
Waterloo 21
Centerville 15

BB
Heartland 89
Downsview 67
Ottawa 57
lagley 42
Oakville 90
Leaside 41
Woodbridge 69
Ed W 90
Ed S 114
Kitch 42
London 42
Markham 20
Sherway 90
Richmond 42
Ottawa E 54
Burlington 54
St James 60
Newmarket 41
Ed North 66
Marche Central 42
Warden & Eg 5
Bay and dundas 51
Northlands 60
Gatineau 30
Pointe Claire 41
Laval 36
la Salle 46

Ecrofirt

Goddamn, I'm so torn now.

I've got a freind working at Best Buy and he assured me several times they won't be selling Wiis locally until Sunday, where they'll have 47.

Bah, and I searched Best Buy's site for my local ad, and there's no Wii mentioned in it.

newsguy

castle007 said:
and they suck at adding:

Wii System
$250

+1 Remote Controller
$40

+1 Nunchuk Controller
$40

Madden 2007
$50

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
$50

Total Cost
$390

last time I checked 250 + 40 + 40 + 50 +50 = 430

err... the nunchuck is $40?

Deku

Banned
In Canada, Futureshop will get them in. Not sure about the other stores but they probably will as well. First come first serve for Futureshop. They open at 10am

Vard

Do you think KB Toys might have some? It seems like they're always overlooked, especially for video games...

Anyone know when they usually open?

neptunes said:
Oh most futureshops and canadian bestbuys already have their shipment of wii's for tomorrow. Some even got a few yesterday but they're all holding them back for friday to co-incide with their weekend flyer.

if they had them out and they became sold out before the flyer hit, they'd be some serious shit.

here's their suppposed expected allotement

FS (all other FS very little supply)
Ed N 1
Ed S 28
Red Deer 25
Grand Prairie 57
Markham 24
Thunder Bay 14
Scott Road 24
Waterloo 21
Centerville 15

BB
Heartland 89
Downsview 67
Ottawa 57
lagley 42
Oakville 90
Leaside 41
Woodbridge 69
Ed W 90
Ed S 114
Kitch 42
London 42
Markham 20
Sherway 90
Richmond 42
Ottawa E 54
Burlington 54
St James 60
Newmarket 41
Ed North 66
Marche Central 42
Warden & Eg 5
Bay and dundas 51
Northlands 60
Gatineau 30
Pointe Claire 41
Laval 36
la Salle 46

That's sweet, Sherway Best Buy is where I'm going. Are they going to be selling PS3's tomorrow?

Actually, just found out that a friend will be spending the night there with his older brother and brother's girlfriend since there will only be 13 PS3's available. Gonna go with him and do some inventory management hoemeworks. My first over night console line up. Officially a videogame geek? *heart

Pretty sure my K-Mart and Wal-Mart have them in, as with my EB. My K-Mart is so unknown, so I'll go in crazy early tomorrow to check. It's like right nexdt to my neighborhood and not anywhere near the crazy parts of town, so I won't run into too many crowds.

jonezer4

Anobyl said:
anyone know what time they're going to go on sale at walmart?

Walmart's black friday officially starts at 5am, but several Walmarts have been confirmed to not have the damn thing in stock.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
past by the best buy in Tustin in orange county....at least 60+ camping. Gamestop looked empty tho, might be my best bet.

jonezer4

Doc Holliday said:
past by the best buy in Tustin in orange county....at least 60+ camping. Gamestop looked empty tho, might be my best bet.

Lends merit to the aforementioned theory that people are camping out for cheap electronics, and not Wiis.

koam

jonezer4 said:
Lends merit to the aforementioned theory that people are camping out for cheap electronics, and not Wiis.

What about Canada where we don't have Black Friday? They're camping out for the wii.

Deku

Banned
koam said:
What about Canada where we don't have Black Friday? They're camping out for the wii.

After work I dropped by futureshop today for a couple of minutes to peruse some electronics and as I walk by the electronics department there was this lady was heckling a sales clerk setting up a 360 inventory display to make sure no one will cut in her line tomorrow.

Crazy crazy stuff.

bachikarn

So retarded. I called them yesterday and they said they would have some on Friday. I just went to check it out and now they are saying they won't have any until Dec 7th. Bleh.

Top Bottom