• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what's this <developer's> Lightning joke people like to use around

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuuKyK

Lightning oh Lightning!

never such a woman was so striking

Even when you face a desperate struggle

you preserve on without a fumble

lightning oh lightning!

you blind us by your shining light

the people of cocoon was amazed by your beauty by the 13th night

lightning oh lightning

i wish you just knew

that one day

i will be with you

There there eclair

this might be your focus, but it could be worse, lets say,

it could be your birthday

at least vanille is out of the crystal

and now you can say her voice is abysmal

snow might be the new patron in town

but in the end you know he is just a clown

blame the shitty kid hope instead for his weakness

for in his place you would have stabbed him as the supreme goddess

fPZeRKa.jpg

cafemomo

I know the FFVI iOS remake was hard on you

;_;

My terra

SE has put you in a shamble

but do not worry, for SE will not pay off with their gamble

my terra

don't worry

you will get the love you deserve

WITH A DAMN PROPER PORT/REMAKE SAFSEAGAEW

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kind of. Yoshi's also a big fan though he didn't like XIII-2. He is paraphrasing what Toriyama said, though.
WHAT!!! FFXIII-2 was GotY and in my top 3 of last generation. How and where did you get this info?!

Nomura's Lightning isn't even Lightning but I'm not gonna bother taking the low hanging fruit

Toriyama's Lightning is Toriyama Face

edit: just read through the thread

what the fuck

I love you virgina but you can't be doing this shit c'mon

Esura

Banned
I will never understand the people who love Lightning, she is just a bad Cloud rip off.

At least Cloud had personality.

Well, she's nothing like Cloud for one.

It's easy to understand why people love her though. Lightning is strong, beautiful (little extra meat on the bones wouldn't hurt tho), caring, no nonsense woman with a strong sense of justice. She just got that way about herself that just makes all the men weak to their knees and all the ladies jealous with envy because they want to be her but they can't.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My love towards Lightning can not be justified... I wish I could be there, hold her hands and whisper in her ears that I love her... but all I can do from today on is eat her up.

Here's to the Goddess, everyone!

cafemomo

Rinoa, you will always have a special place in my heart
right next to my VI super famicom cart
But liberating Timber with you wasn't just my thing
for that, I must depart

Many years later when the power of the cell arrived
I knew I was going for a ride

There she was, filled with beauty and grace
I just fell in love with that face

Well, she's nothing like Cloud for one.

It's easy to understand why people love her though. Lightning is strong, beautiful (little extra meat on the bones wouldn't hurt tho), caring, no nonsense woman with a strong sense of justice. She just got that way about herself that just makes all the men weak to their knees and all the ladies jealous with envy because they want to be her but they can't.

I don't think I want to be in this thread anymore... I'll just step on out.

Esura

Banned
My love towards Lightning can not be justified... I wish I could be there, hold her hands and whisper in her ears that I love her... but all I can do from today on is eat her up.

Here's to the Goddess, everyone!

Damn I would love to eat Lightning's cake. Hnnng.

spirity

Sorry, but its not like they could've cast

a better actress than Vanilles

Sorry

Pickin up at sorry
old skool like Atari
incorporating games with rhymes
in a ferrari

Lightning is the subject
can you guess what comes next
Toriyama covered in roses
and he's e-rect

Gaf is goin mental
haters are essential
fanboys in the mix
"true fan!" are the credentials

Where the fuck is Perfo
this would be his jam, yo
Esura is a pervo
This rhyme is now in slo-mo

What...
The..
Fuck..
Is..
Squee-nix..
Do-ing..

Speed..
Shit..
Up..

Endthispostandgetmoving

cafemomo

Masuda's Cynthia
lol not really Toriyama bad and is more of an inside joke

Cynthia Returns: Pokemon Shining Ruby and Radiant Sapphire

Play as Cynthia throughout Hoenn as she faces other Cynthias in gym battles to acquire 8 badges so she can face the elite 4 and face the champion Cynthia

but be careful! Team Cynthia is out to flood all of Hoenn

KoopaTheCasual

In many ways, Drake is like a rose, but with a hidden meaning, because when you think of rose you also think of osprey housing. Drake is always there, watching over the team and supporting us, because we leaned a poster of him up against a wall in the office. Look at his courage, look at the way he hangs onto a ledge. There's three words we want you to think of when you think of Drake: osprey housing, ledges, and flowers.
I'm dying. I love you.

nynt9

You guys don't understand.

You think we're trolling? Lightning is legitimately the feather that landed on my life to make it lighter. Her smooth embrace is all I ever strive for. I made my girlfriend cosplay Lightning too many times so she broke up with me. Those who don't share the love of the goddess are just... impure.

I've already played through Lightning Returns 4 times in its Japanese version, and I've posted in the GAF GOTY thread, it's my GOTY 2013, but who am I kidding, it's my GOTY of all time.

Once I wrote Toriyama an email and attached a picture of myself and my 3 Lightning figurines. I included a picture of a handmade one I painted personally as well. But he did not respond. I understand. Geniuses like him might not have time for people like me.

When my PS3 broke last week I almost cried because I wouldn't be able to play Lightning Returns in English on release, but I just went out and bought a brand new one. I'm already in my third playthrough of FFXIII. I think I'll stop playing FFXIII for a while now, but I'm unsure if whether I should replay Dissidia duodecim or create another FFIV:ARR character to do the Lightning quests again.

Thoughts, guys?

Also, every developer needs a Lightning. Bethesda don't really have a Lightning, so I had to mod her into Skyrim.

Esura

Banned
I know we're talking about Final Fantasy characters here, but we all know who the ultimate waifu is:

large.jpg

You good people. Chie is bawse.

You guys don't understand.

You think we're trolling? Lightning is legitimately the feather that landed on my life to make it lighter. Her smooth embrace is all I ever strive for. I made my girlfriend cosplay Lightning too many times so she broke up with me. Those who don't share the love of the goddess are just... impure.

I've already played through Lightning Returns 4 times in its Japanese version, and I've posted in the GAF GOTY thread, it's my GOTY 2013, but who am I kidding, it's my GOTY of all time.

Once I wrote Toriyama an email and attached a picture of myself and my 3 Lightning figurines. I included a picture of a handmade one I painted personally as well. But he did not respond. I understand. Geniuses like him might not have time for people like me.

When my PS3 broke last week I almost cried because I wouldn't be able to play Lightning Returns in English on release, but I just went out and bought a brand new one. I'm already in my third playthrough of FFXIII. I think I'll stop playing FFXIII for a while now, but I'm unsure if whether I should replay Dissidia duodecim or create another FFIV:ARR character to do the Lightning quests again.

Thoughts, guys?

Also, every developer needs a Lightning. Bethesda don't really have a Lightning, so I had to mod her into Skyrim.

That's the spirit!

nynt9

Alas! It is time for us to depart

but no worries, for lightning will always be in my heart.

Seriously though, I'm so hyped for the western release of LR. It's my most anticipated game of the year so far. I've already taken 13 days off from work in preparation.

Time is flying by, with each chime, our time grows shorter.
I need your light babe, right now baby, just like I need water.
Beyond your beauty, lies your soul, like a flash it surrounds me.
Like a flash is your beauty, but your thunder is what protects me.

If God ever made a deity, for all of humanity, you would be his greatest charity.
If Sewers ever give us water, with your power of purity, the water will be given clarity.
Oh babe give your love to me, with your flashy agility, love will never seem like a rarity.

Lightning, come to me, from out of your holy dimension.
Lightning, make me your slave, for I need your attention.
Oh love of my life Lighting, you will be my greatest extension.

hohoXD123

If looks could kill, she'd be responsible for interplanetary genocide. She leaves me breathless and makes me numb when she falls into my eyes.

If trees had eyes, they would all be swept off their roots when she walked past.

Nobody or anything has ever made me feel the way she does, and she makes me feel like I can fly. The gods themselves envy her grace. Aphrodite placed next to her would be a spark next to a firework.

All the stars in the sky belong to her, and no man should be able to marvel the sky the same way ever again knowing such a greater beauty exists.

I want to take this moment to confess how beautiful I think she is, and that she is every man's dream woman, the one you'd like to take out to pluck flowers and roll around in a floral grass field in an lazy autumn with.

image.php

cafemomo

Seriously though, I'm so hyped for the western release of LR. It's my most anticipated game of the year so far. I've already taken 13 days off from work in preparation.

me too mang.

I just wish i can transfer over my JP save to the NA copy

200 hours will be lost ;_:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom