• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, why the hell does the Xbox Halo bundle have to be so shamelessly repugnant?

Really.

It's sci-fi dork green.
It's plastic see-through, which is permissible for, like, toy ray guns you win at the carnival.

If it weren't so offensive I'd consider getting one. It's a great deal. Why oh why damage sales with that butt mutton?

Any word on Microsoft releasing an ATTRACTIVE Halo bundle?

*Noel Coward Parody

Subitai

Well, I think the green Xbox controller was selling better than the blue one and MC is green, and the Xbox logo is green. I don't know, maybe that's what Xbox owners might want?

Dude, the purple Gamecube was more aesthetically pleasing.

Is it so wrong to at least want OPTIONS? I feel like these green Xboxes are some sort of surplus left over from a terrible, terrible production snafu.

Gimme black, not Gak!

*Noel Coward Parody

Subitai

N Coward Parody said:

Is it so wrong to at least want OPTIONS? I feel like these green Xboxes are some sort of surplus left over from a terrible, terrible production snafu.

Gimme black, not Gak!

*Noel Coward Parody
I don't find the purple GCN more aesthetically pleasing.

It isn't wrong to want options, but MS doesn't need to make them if most people are going to go with the green anyway. The people who are interested in Xbox and aren't looking for problems with it are going to be satisfied saving $10 on Halo and having a limited edition color that matches the 2nd controller they're probably going to get.

----

Banned
It's like when the Donkey Kong jungle green N64 came out. I remember people going apeshit over that too. The Halo LE bundle is selling like mad.

I'm sure next year just like with the N64 we'll see the Xbox released in all different see-through colors.

No way, I would never purchase anything that is either purple, pink, or yellow. Green may not be the most attractive color (although the way MS has used it for Xbox logo and orb is very nice) but at least it appeals to the right gender. There are certain gender specific colors and purple is definitely not on the right side of that fence.

Kuroyume

Banned
Purple is the color of royalty. Green is the color of snot, that's the way I see it. Even though people say the XBOX is a dark green, I see mine as black. I give it DIGNITY. :D

Demigod Mac

It looks like a green pile of vomit.

And yes, the Orta 'Box is a beauty. Looks like a Panzerese relic if you ask me. For once, the Xbox's shape mitigates its appearance.

Demigod Mac

orta-xbox.jpg

Give to Demigod Mac.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I would have bought the Halo bundle too but I hated the ugly green color.
So I just bought a regular black system

----

Banned
kitchenmotors said:
Dude, get over yourself. Seriously, what are you, 12?
No if I was 12 I probably would be okay with having a purple plastic anything in between the expensive black and silver high end electronics which make up my entertainment center.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Green may not be the most attractive color (although the way MS has used it for Xbox logo and orb is very nice) but at least it appeals to the right gender. There are certain gender specific colors and purple is definitely not on the right side of that fence.

I haven't read a comment as stupid as this in a long long time, on GAF or anywhere else.

That isn't something to be proud of, BTW.

Freeburn.

Ramirez

Its weird that Japan gets all the cool looking Xbox's but it sales like complete shit there...share the love with the people who care MS :p

----

Banned
Freeburn said:
I haven't read a comment as stupid as this in a long long time, on GAF or anywhere else.

That isn't something to be proud of, BTW.

Freeburn.
Really so then you think the color pink is equally attractive to both boys and girls?

You really think a pink console would sell as well as a black one given the general audience of modern video game consumers? If what I said was so stupid, then why am I right?

Ramirez said:
Its weird that Japan gets all the cool looking Xbox's but it sales like complete shit there...share the love with the people who care MS :p
It's not weird cause that's the way MS functions with everything. They only try hard when they need to.

I don't expect it will ever happen any time soon, but if MS did get way ahead in the video game industry it probably would not be a very good thing for Xbox owners. The fact that this is such a tough battle for them is exactly whats making it so good to be an Xbox owner.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
jedimike said:
Green is great! I want the dewu xbox to go along with my Halo LE and dark green Xbox.

prz_game3_coming_le2.gif

This is real? This is disgusting.

I will get an xbox soon, though. Unfortunately all the really great deals exclude the crystal xboxes, seemingly :( Like you can get top spin, pgr2 and an xbox for 200 euros here, but I'm pretty sure the crystal xbox is 200 on its own.

----

Banned
Freeburn said:
Emphasis on what I found stupid, for clarification.

Freeburn.
Okay so then you're just not ready to admit that it's basically males that are buying video game consoles, especially the Xbox. Okay, again, why does it make me stupid that you don't realize that the people who own Xboxes tend to be dudes?

To punish you for waiting so goddamn long to get an Xbox!
Best answer yet. :D

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I think the purple gamecube is the best-looking console since the Dreamcast :(

I haven't actually seen the Halo xbox in person, though. It doesn't look so good in pictures, but not that much worse than the normal Xbox does.

Fusebox

Banned
I reckon it looks alright, I'd nick one.

B00020BDGS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Although the crystal one is nicest imo its just begging for some uv lights:

33312-1.jpg

aerofx

It all comes down to taste and yours suck. Ph34r!!

puffbox.jpg

I do prefer the Crystal to the Halo LE though but I'm not paying 400 for it.

Top Bottom