• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, yeah - Plumbers Don't Wear Ties is coming to PS4/PS5 ...

First of all, how come Sony, a company who took down Cyberpunk 2077 from their store on the excuse it didn't meet the company's standards of quality, was ok with having one of the worst 'games' in existence in their store? Am I missing something here?
Yes, you are. The crappy technical issues weren't exactly told to people for the last gen the game ported to. Forget whether Cyberpunk is a good game or not, the thing was a disgusting buggy mess that barely ran on those systems. That's why it was pulled.

PDWT doesn't have those tech issues and people know damn well what they're getting with this. "so bad it's good" is actually the selling point on this thing.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Ok, I stand corrected, there is one single FMV clip in the intro. But I still think it's generous to call this an "FMV game," it's a slideshow.
And at the end. 3D0 needed an extra MPEG card for dedicated video processing. Even the PSone was using sucessive JPGs (MJPEG codec) for animation. It had pretty bad quality.

Top Bottom