• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So yesterday Blizzard posted a video on twitter highlighting the D4 Season 2 changes... and somehow they got litreally everything wrong

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

the math can be done by a fucking toddler btw.

You wouldnt believe how many people are bad at math. I've seen it all. Even people in my finance dept can be bad too.

When you got bad mathematical errors for basic shit, it comes down to 3 things:

1. Bad at math to begin with
2. Not checking their work
3. Zero intuition if something looks wrong (eyeballing it)

Everyone makes some formula mistakes sometimes, but someone who is good at math can eyeball if it's wrong.

It's like if a calculation is =54/107

The real answer is .5047.

Nobody is going to get it to the exact decimal place in their head. But based on those numbers, someone with half decent math skills should know it's more than 0.50. So perhaps about 0.51 - 0.55 is good enough to be in the range.

If the calculation generated 0.5000 or less, it's obvious the calculation is wrong.

Whomever at Blizzard did the math has math skills somewhere between retarded and grade 4.

The worst example of math I've ever seen at work was an analyst doing sales projections. Instead of using current year data as a base to build off, she did some wacky math which made her projection no joke.... about 10x more than it should be. I even had to look at her file and she kept saying she got the number from a formula. That formula was the dumbest formula ever. So it shows she doesn't check her work and has zero intuition to even notice if something looks off.

Ya. 10x and didn;t even notice until I told her. Crazy.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
I can tell you and I can speak about this game for many hours. WoW is a very big part of my life as well. I've met people in that game that I've ended up being friends with for life and actually see in person at least once a year if the opportunity allows it too.

If you are talking about the name Stormbreak/Thread that was posted in MMO Champion with the Gryphon rider image that was confirmed fake because the original poster admitted it he made it using AI and many folks felt for it. However, maybe the name could still be true, but his particular "leak" isn't. A lot of people make posts on MMO-Champ as their leak fantasies lol, the "leak" season is always entertaining because out of 100 of the leaks one of them will actually turn out to be a real leak.

I remember seeing the Dragonflight poster leaking on Reddit and that was the real deal. Then a cinematic shot got leaked along with the Dracthyr images and that was it for Dragonflight.

I am not sure how I am going to feel about a whole expansion taking place Underground assuming that is the case. No one really liked underground stuff. Deepholm was boring in Cataclysm and Zaralek Caverns in Dragonflight weren't that great. The tech was impressive on how you enter and exit it for sure and I have a feeling that Zaralek Caverns was a testing ground for the general public to see how people react and most people do not like it including myself.

What I believe most people want including me is a WoW 2/Remake/Refresh and they've been slowly going towards that. A ton of textures and old models have been updated in DF like the Furblogs, Centaurs, Tuskarr, Gnolls, etc... but re-creating the old original continent is a massive amount of work. Ion Hazzikostas did an interview a few weeks ago with Gamespot and actually confirmed that an Azeroth refresh is not a question of if but rather of when and it is a matter of time and that is happening sooner or later. Now imagine a fully re-created old world with new modern day systems and World quests, dailies and new stories. I remember Ion even saying not too long ago, they do want to add real player housing to the game that is completely different from the mess that was garrisons, and it could work here probably somehow.

As much as I want a remake of it for the 20th anniversary I do not believe we will see it then. I believe the next expansion will just be another standard procedure and a remake will have to come in when something massive happens with the story. Like the bad guys win and Azeroth gets consumed and then reborn or something like that or it could be the other way around. Another expansion I really want is a full-on Black Empire expansion. BFA really fucked up N'Zoth, but I do not believe he is dead and I bet you it was his plan all along to be "defeated" cause he is a manipulator and a deceiver. A legit old god Azeroth would be amazing, Yog'sarron was/is one of my favorite bosses in WoW ever.

There are still plenty of loose ends though including the following:

1 - Where is Medivh since Legion ?
2 - Where is the Light and what is going to happen to Calia Menethil?
3 - Void has been building up forever, where is it?
4 - Nazrasim/Denathrius is not dead and something will be happening to them
5 - When will the Sword be taken out in Silithus? Anytime someone asked Ion Hazzikostas about the sword his answer was always "What sword?" with a straight face. Straight up trolling, this is a hint that I believe that the sword is being taken out next and is the next expansion. Hence, why he says "What sword" as if its no longer there.

6 - Where is Azshara?
7 - No way N'Zoth is truly dead
8 - There is a double agent somewhere working for the Light and the Void. It's probably the dreadlord in that spaceship whose name is Lothraxion and he is a light dreadlord you can speak to him there.

9 - No way Sargears will be jailed forever and something needs to happen to Illidan sooner or later.
10 - Sylvanas will probably return as another plot point way later down the line.
11 - What is Genn Greymane doing?
12 - Why are the Druids of the Flame returning in 10.2? Is something happening with the Elementals again?

Btw I am speculating that 10.2 will arrive on November 7th, 2023 the following Tuesday after Blizzcon.

You get the idea lol.

Oh dude I hear you. I could talk about WoW all day. I'm like you. The game is part of my identity and I've made longtime friends from it. I've not met any in person but even if I did, it wouldn't feel weird. Like I just saw them yesterday.

Shame the "leak" was false. I really hope we see the other side of Azeroth soon. It's been a mystery for a long time. Ever since, I believe Metzen, confirmed there was a whole other side we hadn't seen yet.

I'm definitely itching for them to revitalize the whole world. My guild leader and I have talked at length about what we want and we both agreed a completely revamped world using modern art assets is at the top of our lists. We want to see everything prior to Warlords get a facelift. Even Outworld. We feel like there are stories they could tell there yet. Especially after all this time. With Classic WoW being a thing, there is less reason to preserve the zones of old expansions as they were. Want to go back in time? Play Classic. Of course not just a facelift. We want to see the old zones be used for new storylines.

I never count out the Old Gods. They are schemers and manipulators without equal. If you think they're dead, that's almost certainly because they planned it or want you to think it.

Player housing could really transform the game. Giving people their own highly customizable living space would keep people around much longer than usual. I love going back to my old garrison even today. Sure, it had a lot of issues, but I loved having my own spot in the world to call my home/base. You could make new professions just for making things for a house. Some existing professions could get recipes for housing too. Tailors could make curtains and rugs. Leatherworkers could help make chairs thanks to a lumberjack profession where you have to go out and cut down trees from various zones for certain types of wood.

And yes, there are still so many narratives that are unanswered. Enemies we know of who have been very quiet. Places that have no in-game resolution to their situations yet. Characters who have been absent a while now. There's still so much. But I really hope they improve the story telling and do it a little more like FF14. I'd like to see at least twice as much main story than we got in Dragonflight.

If Phil Spencer wants a career moment, he should go into Blizzard and clear out the trash. That company is a dumpster fire and it's the most fucking depressing thing for a longtime Blizzard fan to acknowledge.
Lol yeah if Microsoft was actually capable of managing their studios Starfield would have been a masterpiece.

The only thing they care about is $€¥.

Hudo

And remember boys and girls: Bobby Kotick managed to sell this piece of shit of a company for $69 billion. He's the real protagonist of this story.

Tommi84

It's even u funnier that there had to be MULTIPLE people seeing this and it seems all were like 'yup, it looks right, go for it!'

🤣😂😅😂🤣🤣😅😂🤣

Last edited:

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
jLEI32d.jpg

Blizzard calculating server load….

xsoRAfG.gif

Cyberpunkd

I think I played nothing else for at least 2005-2012. Was a massive waste of time but an incredible experience all the same. Still remember 2005 with my shaman 1-shorting a player 5 levels higher in Feralas.
Raided heavily in BC and WotLK, remember spamming one button as a Paladin healer.

Blade Runner Film GIF

Last edited:
Top Bottom