• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sochi Olympic Men's Hockey Fantasy Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-DuB

TEAM SACK

Forwards
Sidney Crosby
Patrick Kane
Evgeni Malkin
Zach Parise
Marian Hossa
Jonathan Toews

Defense
Erik Karlsson
Duncan Keith
Ryan Suter

MutFox

Banned
Team :p

Forwards

Martin St. Louis
Rick Nash
John Tavares
Sidney Crosby
Alex Ovechkin
Evgeni Malkin

Defence

Shea Weber
Duncan Keith
PK Subban

Team The Worst

F
Alex Ovechkin
Jonathan Toews
Evgeni Malkin
Niklas Backstrom
Jeff Carter
Phil Kessel

D
Kimmo Timonen
Erik Karlsson
Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Has there been any recent news on Pavel Datsyuk's injury status? I see a few team entries have him, and he might not be fit to play.

I saw that too. As much as I would love to have Datsyuk in my picks, I opted to swap him out for Kopitar.

I'll still keep St. Louis in my selections.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Seems like Datsyuk is expected to play at some point in the tournament, they're just not sure when.

Silexx

Team Silexx

Toews
Zetterberg
Kessel
Getzlaf
Perry
Malkin

Karlsson
Keith
Weber

Yeah, that's right, I'm leaving Crosby out. Know why? Because what people forget is that while he did score that big goal, the rest of the tourney he did absolutely fuck all.

iLLmAtlc

Clarkson 7yr contract

In the alternative: Clarkson 7yrs

Crosby
Tavares
Getzlaf
Kunitz
Perry
Toews

Karlsson
Keith
Pietrangelo

Team Silexx

Toews
Zetterberg
Kessel
Getzlaf
Perry
Malkin

Karlsson
Keith
Weber

Yeah, that's right, I'm leaving Crosby out. Know why? Because what people forget is that while he did score that big goal, the rest of the tourney he did absolutely fuck all.

He was still one of the points leaders.

Jayhawk

So I have entered the teams to make it easier on myself tomorrow night at the deadline.

To look at all the team entries used, go to http://onlinepools.com/hockey/index.php and use

Pool Login ID: 180925
Pool Password: believe

I will go through the team entries at the deadline tomorrow night to make any necessary changes to teams. I hope this site is good enough for the stat-keeping. I will update the OP once the teams are set in stone.

iLLmAtlc

So I have entered the teams to make it easier on myself tomorrow night at the deadline.

To look at all the team entries used, go to http://onlinepools.com/hockey/index.php and use

Pool Login ID: 180925
Pool Password: believe

I will go through the team entries at the deadline tomorrow night to make any necessary changes to teams. I hope this site is good enough for the stat-keeping. I will update the OP once the teams are set in stone.

Woot thanks for doing this man

Red_Man

Datsyuk practiced with the team today, and is reportedly good to go for those of you that picked him and are wondering about his status.

Team MGT

Sidney Crosby
Jeff Carter
John Tavares
Patrick Kane
Evgeni Malkin
Nicklas Bäckström

Erik Karlsson
Drew Doughty
Duncan Keith

Samyy

The Phighting Phils!

Phil Kessel
James Van Reimsdyk
Ryan Getzlaf
Evgani Malkin
Patrick Kane
Henrik Zetterberg

Duncan Kieth
Ryan Suter
Erik Karlsson

Jayhawk

Since I'll be editing the OP with point updates through the tournament and wanted to show my lineup isn't changing via the post edit date... my final lineup will be in this post. Made a couple swaps to my team below. I will finalize the teams in a bit after I eat and game for a bit/

Team Jayhawk
Sidney Crosby
Evgeni Malkin
Phil Kessel
Patrick Kane
Jonathan Toews
Nicklas Backstrom

Erik Karlsson
Ryan Suter
Alex Pietrangelo

Jayhawk

Double posting because I want to preserve the post time and lack of edit time in my team entry above.

The team entries have been finalized. I double-checked the team entries on the onlinepools.com site, made the lineup changes people mentioned, and added the two new team entries that made it before the deadline. Good luck, everyone that entered!

I will try to update the OP with the top 10 teams in the standings on an everyday basis during the tournament. The link in the OP will have the full standings of the 34 teams.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I take it we don't get to replace injured players? Hope Z is gonna come back...

JoseJX

Racked up another two points tonight, the kid is legit. They're increasing his minutes on the PP, he could finish his rookie season with 40 points.

With 4 points so far, picking Maatta is turning out MUCH better than my Crosby + Kunitz = 1 point combined disaster.

calder

Haha just remembered how I was going to pick Weber but went with PK instead after imagining him working his way onto the first PP. Good times. :/

Edit: oh yeah and convincing myself Pavelski would end up #1 center on an explosive line with Kane. Uh, may still happen right? :p

Thank the lawd Hossa did work before getting eliminated. Was really regretting that pick. And Petro needs to get going, it was between him and Doughty and I obviously chose the wrong guy. Would`ve had a lot of room between second place if I took him. Oh well, first for now but I don`t think it`ll last for long.

I wish I'd put Selanne in over Toews now, but I'd figured throwing Timonen in out of favoritism had already given me a cap on Fins.

Really happy the team's doing well. They're my number 2 this year after the US.

JoseJX

I'd just like to say that with 5 points, Maatta was definitely a good pick. The kid's got a great future ahead of him! More points than Crosby and Kunitz combined.

Congrats Var and Zod the Bear! This was fun, thanks Jayhawk for setting this up!

Red_Man

Nice job guys, my team was garbage :lol thanks to JayHawk for organizing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom