• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Software in development exclusively for New 3DS

Fularu

Banned
After the debacle that was Wii and Wii U, Nintendo are going to confuse consumers all over again with different 3DS games that work with different versions of the console.

2DS, 3DS, 3DS XL, New 3DS, New 3DS XL... poor mum's all over the world are going to have no idea what to buy their kids.
Just like the ds to dsi transition, the old models won't be available after a while, which is why they're releasing it in 2015 in the US and Europe.

Sayad

Man I remember when "Nintendo don't want to exclude those who bought the previous 3DS models" was a defense of why Nintendo didn't implement a second analogue in the XL and the 2DS, lol.

LoveCake

I wonder if Nintendo are offering discounts to people who already have a 3DS?

It is only three years six months sine it was released & it's now going to have games released that will not work on the original 3DS!

I'm not happy Nintendo, not happy at all :mad:

mclem

We know the next Nintendo platform is going to be a unified arch between portable and home console. New 3DS is just a stop gap.

And possibly an experiment on exactly those lines, too; "Let's see what we can do in terms of working to two different specs on the same basic architecture".

inner-G

Banned
God damn they should increased the screen resolution. SMDH

Hope they can at least decrease the 3D 'ghosting' or whatever its called on the XL model at least.

Volotaire

It is only three years six months sine it was released & it's now going to have games released that will not work on the original 3DS!

Why would they give discounts to those owners? They chose their preference of time.

Like I said in the other thread, the fact that the second analog stick is very similar to the GC c-stick, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these are GC ports.

F-Zero GX 3D?

Mistle

I'm happy about this.

The improved 3D turned it into a must-buy for me, so bring on all the exclusive content they want

Altima

Why are people happy about this ?

This is the worst thing I have ever got from game company.

I'm 100 % sure that they can make games for both 3DS and new 3DS but they are too greed to do that.

Son Of D

At most expect retailers to have trade in offers for trading in your old 3DS/XL towards a new one.

Hmm I wonder if that would happenwould FE be close to dying again.
It probably would due to the law install base. I was thinking more along the lines of a remake to tie us over until a new Wii U/3ds successor release. I'd personally love something like a Genealogy Collection, but that wouldn't really be taking use of the new CPU.

and now, can we have snes vc on new 3ds? please? with cross buy with wiiu?
I know it would only be a discount, but who knows?

Manu

Are they gonna start adding stickers to the game boxes?

"Yes, it says 3DS but doesn't actually work on your 3DS"

Biggie

I wonder if Nintendo will make New 3ds games eshop exclusive to avoid retail confusion and manufacturing costs.

That would be a nice idea but I think it will piss off retailers. Maybe if they make all n3DS games digital download card sale titles.

SmokyDave

Its a revision fam, wait for something that aint called 3DS
Sure, but that wait just got extended by two years and left me with a (probably) obsolete handheld in the mean time. Ah well, I barely play it anyway. I'm just bummed out because this 'upgrade' is a joke and the next real upgrade just got further away.

You know you'll still buy it.
I might, to be honest. I'm a handheld gamer and the second stick being built in is a great move. I was debating downsizing my 3DS XL anyway because the PPI makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

Nintendo is certainly treating this as something more than a revision.
If they truly were it wouldve been Nintendo 4DS or something..why act brand new?? smh

Sure, but that wait just got extended by two years and left me with a (probably) obsolete handheld in the mean time. Ah well, I barely play it anyway. I'm just bummed out because this 'upgrade' is a joke and the next real upgrade just got further away.

I might, to be honest. I'm a handheld gamer and the second stick being built in is a great move. I was debating downsizing my 3DS XL anyway because the PPI makes me want to gouge my eyes out.
Then what are you crying about dave? Gone lol

Styles

Why not wait 1 or 2 years and release a new handheld instead of this half-assed revision?
777ff663.gif

Top Bottom