• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some small Wii bits

Azelover said:
I don't think they mean for there to actually be profiles in there by the size of it, maybe on future Wiimotes.

Why not? 6kb is more than enough to store preferences, control setup, username, friend code etc. You wouldn't be able to store an avatar on the remote, but as someone else mentioned, if the console has some kind of image database that players can mix & match to create their virtual self then storing the correct combination on the remote would be enough. You could simply plug the remote into any other system and have the system decode your combination and generate your avatar.

jett

D-Member
Regardless of the truthfulness of this article, the wiimote better last a ****lot longer than 30-60 hours, it's all I'm gonna say.

Yeah, the customise stuff will be pretty cool, but it just proves they need many colours to make it really work. I just don't believe that saves will be in there like a certain NGamer mag claims.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
not sure if this has been stated yet, but Budokai will be at the launch for the Wii. Haven't read too much about the launch since I don't want to be hyped up too much for it and then be let down with delays, but I was told it will be there at launch day.

jett said:
Regardless of the truthfulness of this article, the wiimote better last a ****lot longer than 30-60 hours, it's all I'm gonna say.

I'm not sure that would be possible, given the tech involved. IIRC, the 360 controller has a battery life of 30 hours & I'd be surprised if Nintendo could improve much on that given the extra tech involved.

Batongen

Banned
Caspel said:
not sure if this has been stated yet, but Budokai will be at the launch for the Wii. Haven't read too much about the launch since I don't want to be hyped up too much for it and then be let down with delays, but I was told it will be there at launch day.

And what is this source of yours?

Squeak

30hrs is a normal size game, 60hrs a really long ass game.
Don't be unreasonable FFS! 30hrs with all features is already a f'ckn miracle on two AAs.

BTW 6Kb is colossal, if all you need to do is flip some bits. For example "invert y axis? Yes/No" or 256 degrees of sensitivity in one byte.
All the other sh*t like avatars, scores and saves are for online profiles and SDcards that has no space limit but which can be referenced to by the identity encoded in the wiimote.

Vieo

asa said:
How about this then: (taken from same article)

The rumor mill has claimed that the Wii remote will have a rumble motor inside it - but Shigsy himself claims that this option was thrown out in favour of that lovely little speaker.

what? what?

Yah. Kotaku is claiming rumble has been taken out of the Wiimote and gives a scan of some magazine article. Any of this true? =/

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Gizmo_Monkey said:
does the wiimote only use batteries or does it come with a charger built in so you cna charge it up too?

Guess you missed the big and pointless battery thread. Nintendo or some third party will almost certainly sell a charger pack if you want to spend money on one, but it will use 2 AA batteries normally.

Silkworm

Hmm, well IGN has a slightly different take on the storage offered on the Wii controller

http://wii.ign.com/articles/731/731369p1.html

They say its 4k bytes of internal memory and that it can only save settings for one game at a time. Eh. :)

On the plus side at least developers have the tools necessary now to go wild with the controller's speaker :p

Top Bottom