• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone is streaming GTA V on PS4

Dinjooh

Yeah I know, still baffles me though. I can't imagine life without unlimited, I'm 21 and I think I've almost always had it.

I've used 325 GB in the last two weeks doing nothing but work at home after school, incredibly glad that I have never encountered data caps.

doofy102

That big blood stain on the wall behind the clerk is pretty much the same size as it is on PS3 GTAV. I just tried it. Animation quality could be the same, but you wouldn't know it thanks to the PS3's framerate.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
It's not like it comes out of nowhere. There's minutes of just walking into the strip club and seeing clothes chicks. Anyone who's played the game (or has ever been to a strip club) knew where the video was going from there.

Fair point. I saw Michael walking into the strip club, so I randomly jumped ahead a few minutes. It took me by surprise.

Not Safe For Wife?

There ya go.

Hearing that.

I used to replay No Russian if I'd had a stress journey on the tube.

*Googles "No Russian" *

i_like_you.gif

Donos

Yeah I know, still baffles me though. I can't imagine life without unlimited, I'm 21 and I think I've almost always had it.

Yep. Biggest german provider hinted to a change to volume = normal price / unlimited = premium price and a shitstorm flew in their face.
This was a clear statement from the german public to their plans.

I know I know bad quality....but this doesn't look too good to be honest.

Check out the gameplay trailer if you want to know what the game actually looks like. I wouldn't be judging anything going by the poorly compressed videos and I don't think we will get anything better on twitch.

I can't wait to play this entirely in first person. I 100%'d the game on PS3 so I did A LOT, so having first person will help make things fresh.

I know I know bad quality....but this doesn't look too good to be honest.
You don't know despite saying otherwise, as you made a judgement of a stream, recorded with a screen capture program, uploaded to YouTube and then viewed on your LCD. There's nothing to say about visuals until it's running natively in front of you, or the very least a direct capture.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
This might be a ridiculous question, but are there any filters that allow you to turn off the gore?

There wasn't in the PS3/Xbox360 version, not sure if they've added one for the remaster.

If you really want one, just hold out for GTA V on PC and someone will probably mod it in. Some people with kids playing as an example might appreciate that.

Some of the exclusive additions to the PS4 version aren’t things you’ll be seeing on the screen – Rockstar has included some additional functionality that takes advantage of some of the unique qualities of the PS4 controller.

Switch seamlessly between camera perspectives on the fly (including from first person to third person), switch radio stations, weapons and camera angles, and even quick-toss a grenade in the middle of a firefight – all with a swipe or a tap on the Touch Pad.

Because any aspiring career criminal would do well to keep their enemies close, you’ll be able to hear police radio chatter through the DUALSHOCK 4 controller’s speaker, as well as receive phone calls from friends and acquaintances Michael, Franklin and Trevor make during the course of the game.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/11/13/grand-theft-auto-v-ps4-gets-best-dualshock-4/?adbid=532911299177377792&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785&emcid=social_20141113_35529527

Raven77

It just doesnt look like GTA in first person. Idk maybe I just need to get used to it.

Or maybe i'll just skip first person all together during my re-play.

Tobor

Quick tossing a grenade will be so awesome. Thank goodness Sony went with the touchpad. It's paying off big time.

LtOrange

There wasn't in the PS3/Xbox360 version, not sure if they've added one for the remaster.

If you really want one, just hold out for GTA V on PC and someone will probably mod it in. Some people with kids playing as an example might appreciate that.

It would have made playing around the GF a little bit easier, but it isn't a big deal. Thanks!

It just doesnt look like GTA in first person. Idk maybe I just need to get used to it.

I bet people said the same thing when GTA went from a top-down game to a third-person game with GTA 3. ;)

Personally, I'm all for this change. I've always wanted to experience GTA games in first-person, ever since San Andreas.

Tigress

A lot of internet providers in the US want to get rid of unlimited. I know on the list of major internet providers the one we have is one of the few that doesn't have a cap at all (Frontier Fios). I know Verizon Fios has one and Comcast has one as well as several others.

And sadly I know Comcast also has a monopoly in a lot of areas. We got lucky Verizon was trying out Fios in our area so our street got it (yes, our street, everyone else around can't get it. My friend lives 5 minutes away and her only option is Comcast). And then Verizon wanted out of our area so sold it to Frontier.

And that's part of the problem here. Many areas internet providers have a monopoly going on (hell, even Frontier where we are the alternative is Comcast...).

Really they need to classify internet as a utility here because with so much land space in the US, you're probably not going to get a lot of competition in one area (so much area to cover it makes more sense for companies to cover different areas than all try to cover all areas. Probably just isn't feasable for any one company to try to cover every area). So they need more regulation to keep the companies in check.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves

Or maybe i'll just skip first person all together during my re-play.

As it's originally designed for third person, it probably will feel a bit off in first person sometimes despite new animations. I noticed that it looks very weird when you get into a car as the door closes on its own while both hands are on the wheel. (saw one of the vids from the stream) Also the clipping issue when he punched that npc should hopefully be fixed with day one patch. Can't believe they'd let something like that be in the final version as it breaks immersion.

Still, I'll definitely be playing exclusively in first person mode for my replay of the single player campaign. It will be glorious!

Raven77

As it's originally designed for third person, it probably will feel a bit off in first person sometimes despite new animations. I noticed that it looks very weird when you get into a car as the door closes on its own while both hands are on the wheel. (saw one of the vids from the stream) Also the clipping issue when he punched that npc should hopefully be fixed with day one patch. Can't believe they'd let something like that be in the final version as it breaks immersion.

Still, I'll definitely be playing exclusively in first person mode for my replay of the single player campaign. It will be glorious!

Yeah I agree. I guess one of my fears is that future GTA's and Rockstar games will focus more on building the game around First Person and less around Third Person. In a sea of first person shooters, GTA / Red Dead, etc. used to be nice breathes of fresh air.

Also, I think one of the reasons they changed GTA with 3 is that they finally had the technical capability to do so. That reasoning does not apply in this case.

Then again, if they build one with First Person in mind, who knows what new neat things they will come up with and do. Should be exciting either way.

Tigress

I bet people said the same thing when GTA went from a top-down game to a third-person game with GTA 3. ;)

Personally, I'm all for this change. I've always wanted to experience GTA games in first-person, ever since San Andreas.

Yeah, I think a lot of people forget this isn't the first huge change of perspective for GTA. I mean I actually didn't get into GTA until V (was always curious). The first time I saw it was in college when some guy was playing a top down game. And at the same time I think ther was a game called Driver out (I think the same guy played both so I got to see both and hear his explanations for both). I thought Driver looked more interesting cause I didn't like the top down graphics but unfortunately in DRiver the pedestrians jumped out of your way (yeah, I just liked the idea of running the pedestrians down ;). Heh, in Midnight Club I think I spent a lot of time just trying to run people over *grin* ). I remember him telling me they didn't in GTA and me being disappointed that the game with less interesting look graphics/gameplay was the one that let you run the pedestrians down.

I did hear a lot of good things about GTA 3 (I remember thinking that I should try it but never did get around to it until it got on iphone).

Don't know why but I have always been curious about GTA but just never got around to actually trying it out until it came to iphone (I did have a PS2). Which isn't really the best experience for it (it was semi fun but I did find the controls annoying and I knew it was cause touch controls aren't ideal for that kind of game. At the time though I was trying to just subside on my phone for gaming needs cause at least I already owned it and I'm poor).

Woodchipper

Yeah I agree. I guess one of my fears is that future GTA's and Rockstar games will focus more on building the game around First Person and less around Third Person. In a sea of first person shooters, GTA / Red Dead, etc. used to be nice breathes of fresh air.
First-person doesn't change that though, because GTA is so much more than a shooter. Also, there are just as many (if not more) third person games as there are first-person.

Tigress

First-person doesn't change that though, because GTA is so much more than a shooter. Also, there are just as many (if not more) third person games as there are first-person.

Actually, GTA as a first person shooter solves my issues with shooters, too much focus on doing one thing which gets bland. I'd love an FPS that lets me do a lot more stuff and has more variety. Hell, even something like Uncharted where there are platforming puzzles you got to get through as well as shooty parts.

GTA may not be a platformer but it does allow for all sorts of different gameplay so keeps it fresh.

Kinda like Fallout is one of (scratch that) *is* my favorite series cause it has FPS elements but it is my favorite type of game, an open world and sandbox RPG.

I like FPS gameplay, I just don't want that to be the only thing I do in the game. And most FPS's are pretty much solely FPS and nothing else.

Tobor

They won't give up on third person. Having both third and first person work well is the innovation here.

Up until now, I can't think of anyone else doing it besides Elder Scrolls and Fallout, and third person has always been a bit janky. Skyrim came the closest to pulling it off. Now that Rockstar has seemingly done it, hopefully more developers try it.

We should be able to choose our own perspective instead of being locked into one or the other.

They won't give up on third person. Having both third and first person work well is the innovation here.

Up until now, I can't think of anyone else doing it besides Elder Scrolls and Fallout, and third person has always been a bit janky. Skyrim came the closest to pulling it off. Now that Rockstar has seemingly done it, hopefully more developers try it.

We should be able to choose our own perspective instead of being locked into one or the other.

Yeah, I'd love for this to start a new trend, and in turn, a new standard.

FZW

Also, I think one of the reasons they changed GTA with 3 is that they finally had the technical capability to do so. That reasoning does not apply in this case.

Then again, if they build one with First Person in mind, who knows what new neat things they will come up with and do. Should be exciting either way.

it does apply actually...

http://news.softpedia.com/news/GTA-5-First-Person-Mode-Can-t-Be-Done-on-PS3-or-Xbox-360-464237.shtml

Camp Lo

Banned
Every time I see this scene I'm reminded of

tumblr_mphuvjCYiE1qbtzbno1_r2_500.gif

Haha, same. I was going to make the reference but I figured many wouldn't know what the fuck I was talking about. That's exactly what I thought of when I first saw it.

meh, people posted the exact same thing when GTA4 gameplay vids started getting posted and someone linked a vid of Niko shooting up an ER room.

You'll be fine.

Derp.

A lot of internet providers in the US want to get rid of unlimited. I know on the list of major internet providers the one we have is one of the few that doesn't have a cap at all (Frontier Fios). I know Verizon Fios has one and Comcast has one as well as several others.

And sadly I know Comcast also has a monopoly in a lot of areas. We got lucky Verizon was trying out Fios in our area so our street got it (yes, our street, everyone else around can't get it. My friend lives 5 minutes away and her only option is Comcast). And then Verizon wanted out of our area so sold it to Frontier.

And that's part of the problem here. Many areas internet providers have a monopoly going on (hell, even Frontier where we are the alternative is Comcast...).

Really they need to classify internet as a utility here because with so much land space in the US, you're probably not going to get a lot of competition in one area (so much area to cover it makes more sense for companies to cover different areas than all try to cover all areas. Probably just isn't feasable for any one company to try to cover every area). So they need more regulation to keep the companies in check.

are you saying Fios has a cap? if so thats not true in my area.

Top Bottom