• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone is streaming GTA V on PS4

First person headshot gif from my recording.

3qLCzcbrxJJccNzejS.gif

for the first time in history of gaming it made my stomach itch

shit looks a little too real.....

will buy it

stryke

I have a perpetual fear of open water. Fuck this game and fuck Farcry 3 and 4. Fuck. FUCK. NOPE. NOPE. That sequence where you had to use the submarine in GTA V or whatever I could barely do it because I REALLY don't like open water.

I can understand the feeling having been caught in a rip once. I still like to go out to the beach to swim though.

AmyS

But, still not enough real-time face and skull damage as the bullet impacts. How about lots of Tessellation in GTA 6.

Nerokis

Whoa. For me, even the announcement trailer felt a little intimidating, just on the basis of how jarring it was to imagine suddenly experiencing all the exaggerated violence, physics, etc. closeup. It makes you realize how the third person view acted as a buffer against it all.

And yeah, with these GIFs, I don't really have to imagine anymore. It's pretty interesting, actually, how much more intimate everything seems to feel. Adding first person to this particular game was a really inspired choice.

Hanmik

I look at that fps gif where Franklin hits the cop, and I can´t stop thinking "this has to be a bad MOD"

just look at this..

QPBbR1r.jpg

where is his face..? the arm is twisted the wrong way and it looks like he has Giraffe neck... wtf..?

and then this clipping shoulder shot..

biDy1z3.jpg

it looks bad... but it also shows that CJ Franklin is a freak of nature..

h9OUHtt.jpg

the blue arrow shows where his shoulder is.. but look at how his arm is bend, his elbow is way down there...? wtf..?

sqi3BHg.png

was the programmer drunk..?

SncbwVL.jpg

Konosuke

Welcome to FPSs. It's not as simple as sticking a camera in a model's head. I bet if they did a VR mode it would have correct perspectives, but since FPSs are ruled by CODs you need to show that shiny gun mang.

Alienous

I look at that fps gif where Franklin hits the cop, and I can´t stop thinking "this has to be a bad MOD"

just look at this..

QPBbR1r.jpg

where is his face..? the arm is twisted the wrong way and it looks like he has Giraffe neck... wtf..?

and then this clipping shoulder shot..

biDy1z3.jpg

it looks bad... but it also shows that CJ Franklin is a freak of nature..

h9OUHtt.jpg

I was wondering how they'd manage the melee in first-person mode, and it looks like they just inserted the camera into the head of the third-person animations, leading to it looking shitty.

When you do something like a punch (unlike aiming a gun), your head bobs, and so it's a difficult think to pull off in first-person. Unless they made the animation more akin to Skyrim, which is less animation dependent (but ultimately looks like flailing), I thought it would turn out weird.

Hard to tell in the gif but does the game have Max Payne 3 style bullet wounds now? Gore is certainly more detailed, and it looked like there was a mark on his face.

Top Bottom