• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone's trying to fund a FATAL FURY live action film on Kickstarter

And oh boy, it's... something. The trailer had me laughing.

film_04.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1687341753/embers-fatal-fury-film

THE ART OF MAKING IT LIVE! ~ EMBERS Why Fatal Fury?Fatal Fury demonstrates the dedication, determination and portray the imbalance in one’s soul. This first introduced in 1991 evolving from wrestling with rivals through arcade joystick to today’s smartphone touch screen. Players able to discover the games tricks and unlock hidden fighters, which are both enjoyable and contented. As a Fatal Fury fan, I am sure it is more than just a video game.I sat back on my cosy couch as usual and started to head on this project of my dream with heavy research, preparation and getting my creative crews and casts. What surprise me the most was there is none of the videos available so far can vividly, capture the emotions and actions embedded in each character and could depict the scene correctly. With that glimpse of thought,I want to make it happen to get it live for all the fans out there!Of course, YOU AND I COULD MAKE HISTORY TOGETHER!

What will be the story behind it? The live-action Fatal Fury 2: The New Battle not only packed with martial arts, kicks and punches, but also narrates the twists and turns of Terry Bogard’s fate. An orphan, Terry Bogard, with a shattered heart has haunted by witnessing the murder of his adoptive father Jeff Bogard. Since then, Terry has vowed to avenge the death of his adoptive father, Jeff with this brother, Andy Bogard towards his formidable journey that has begun without an end.

LEARNT& FOUND In the past or rather history, most of the live-action film easily turns into disaster. Train-wreak wardrobes, phony effects, impromptu expressions and improper martial arts acts. There is a moment of pause in me. How can I start with that? My team and I have decided-Let’s do it!We have already finished a 5-8 minutes’ 4K video shooting which taken from a small section of Fatal Fury 2. The majority of the footage has shot on green screen. This means a massive post-production works need to do including editing, adding special effects, colouring, music mixing and MORE.

We need your Power Geyser to power us up and visit http://www.embersfatalfury.com for more details! A Kickstarter Campaign? Yes! Why we ask? This is not only our dream but we wish to bring this to you as well to make OUR DREAM come true! WE TRULY NEED YOUR SUPPORT (THE BACKERS) TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

How are we going to pull THIS one off? The First Phase Goal with $10,000: We managed to pull off every scene, every action, most of the seven-minute 4K footage is shot on green screen which is including editing, adding visual effects, color correction, audio mixing, fees for film festival and comic related events. WAIT NO MORE, BACKERS, WE NEED YOU – BACK US UP! YOUR SUPPORT IS CRUCIAL FOR MAKING “EMBERS” LIVE! When we truly hit our First Phase, we will continue our efforts to the Second Phase. What do you want to see more? We would be happier to add on more and will make something special for those who has backed us up! The Second Phase Goal with $50,000: This is not the end of reviving Fatal Fury but this is just the beginning. The extension is unstoppable worldwide to make it different. The attention to detail on each scene and strictly into composing the artwork in this film to every single frame offers eye-catching, deeply attracted, a level of uncompromising quality and the right choice to give our valued backers the desired to view every bit of Embers without any holdbacks.

WHO ARE WE? Seattle is a city more than just the hometown of Microsoft and Amazon. This is an opportunity to highlight the creativity talents in Seattle. Screenplay writing, director, cinematography, visual effects, sound mixing and more gems you soon will discover.

Risks and challenges

Like every film project, there’s always element of uncertainty and things happen out from the blue that derail our Master Plan. Thankfully for the strong effective team that putting the efforts to get things done. Scheduling and Searching the casts to shoot this film is truly a challenging process,and moreover, we need to show the distinctiveness of the story in order to have real life acting and the martial art combating skills.

We have been shooting the film sequence with multiple techniques and also the high requirements set by the executive producers as well as directing the film in green background. The visual effects are a lengthy and tedious process. It requires the right talents to complete the project successfully. Budgets plays a vital role in achieving the targets to engage the talents.

Rendering process – will demand time and unexpected delays, and finding solutions to get it up is never an easy work. However, we managed and still moving forward to deliver the film on time that we would want you to be part of our project.

We have the right skillful team members onboard for a very lean and mean cost to execute this project. Do support us and be our Embers members! Together, we strike to make this alive and following us on our latest developments. Be part of our Embers project as without any of you supporting us, it will not make through it.

Makes me wonder how SNK's KoF Live Action series will compare.

Do these guys have any license or permission from SNK?

Nope. It is confirmed SNK is working on their own Live Action series though.

couldn't have found a better silhouette than this

dunno why a fighting game fan film has body pillows as a reward either

Broken images, but I think I know what you're talking about. And body pillows of the cast as a reward... yeah.

Top Bottom