• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something wild is going on, and ive tried to contact the moderation team....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
There is clearly something going on with a moderator on here that has a personal vendetta against me. I posted a comment in the forza vs gt7 thread that stated that forza looked a lot better than gt7 in the video asamsapple posted and within 50 seconds my post was deleted and i was thread banned. I've attempted to contact moderation multiple times to request a conversation and no one responds.

My post was deleted with the comment "you're trying too hard, fanboy". I mean really, what is that? We see horrific comments towards other members, and craziness all day but a comment about forza looking better on one video gets me banned from a thread within seconds.

I know the joke is why post a thread, just message moderation. I have done it multiple times. I have never been banned on this site but seem to be getting an increasing amount of thread bans and warnings.

Anyone got any ideas of how I can work through this with the moderation team, or who else I can contact?

VN1X

Banned
There is clearly something going on with a moderator on here that has a personal vendetta against me. I posted a comment in the forza vs gt7 thread that stated that forza looked a lot better than gt7 in the video asamsapple posted and within 50 seconds my post was deleted and i was thread banned. I've attempted to contact moderation multiple times to request a conversation and no one responds.

My post was deleted with the comment "you're trying too hard, fanboy". I mean really, what is that? We see horrific comments towards other members, and craziness all day but a comment about forza looking better on one video gets me banned from a thread within seconds.

I know the joke is why post a thread, just message moderation. I have done it multiple times. I have never been banned on this site but seem to be getting an increasing amount of thread bans and warnings.

Anyone got any ideas of how I can work through this with the moderation team, or who else I can contact?
Sounds like a conspiracy theory.

You're not one of those conspiracy nutters are you?

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Software Consulting GIF

cee lo green gold GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member

Message EviLore EviLore , I’m sure he’ll listen with open ears.

bird delete this GIF by Skab

So, I can't say that I don't think it looks leagues better. They are both raining with the same car.

saying it looks leagues better seems fanboyish. they look similar. maybe you prefer the look of one vs the other. but "leagues better"? come on man....they're two driving games..... that video is straight up garbage quality too.

have you played GT7 in person? it's a great looking game

Watch this video from 3 minutes 50 and tell me that foza doesn't look leagues better. That's my opinion. That's all I said.

As someone that has never played Forza and has Gran Turismo7 ...my game doesn't look that washed out, lmao. Something about how they captured that GT7 video feels off to me. Not sure if on purpose or not.

edit: also that thumbnail chosen to represent GT7...what is up with that? it almost looks like cartoonish.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member

Watch this video from 3 minutes 50 and tell me that foza doesn't look leagues better. That's my opinion. That's all I said.

Didnt bother with that debate but I watched the video and as a non-racing gamer/fan, I agree with you. Forza certainly has a more in your face graphics, while GT7 seems to be aiming for cleaner visuals and I haave been banned and warned for shitting on xbox fans. Is it the same engine as Forza Horizon 4? I loved that game and its the only racing game since maybe Split/Second NFS Underground era that I played and liked and that engine is a fucking miracle. It can literally run on potatoes at 4k and still look stunning. Its prolly one of the most optimized good looking engines second to id tech.

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Maybe of the moderator can re instate my comment in the forza vs gt7 thread for everyone to decide if I crossed the line? And un thread ban me.
Sometimes a whole line of comments get put out. It happened to me a few times. If you quote a deleted post your post will be deleted too. There is a thread where we can talk about Neogaf here. I think that if enough people report you it does not help your case at all, even if the post that cause you to be thread ban is not that bad, or that it is just in case because you are causing other people to get crazy too?
We see horrific comments towards other members, and craziness all day but a comment about forza looking better on one video gets me banned from a thread within seconds.
In that case quote the person who say that and just repeat it, but in the other direction. This and put as many IMHO as you can, I hope that it can help.
Don't try too much there will be other threads about whatever you want to talk. Maybe have a few MPs with someone that get a lot of posts taken out for the same reasons? I think that adamsapple adamsapple complained of the same things recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom