• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Adventure 2 officially announced, leaking onto consoles this fall

"How can so many people go completely apeshit over such a bad game?"

Someone please answer this.

"Sonic fans...go crazy over a trailer with no gameplay of a 10 year old rerelease of game that has aged horribly."

It didn't age horribly, it was godawful from the jump.

It didn't age horribly, it was godawful from the jump.

My 10 year old self nostalgia tells me otherwise, but even back then the jewel finding segments were terrible. I did like the Sonic and Shadow levels although when I played battle on Gamecube about 4 years ago the detection and platforming were just awful. I don't think the last 4 years will do it any favors

Tizoc

Tell me what else I will do, fortune teller.

Be patient, quit hating then turning a 180 when they announce something that makes your day, then turn a 180 again and hate on them when they don't pander to your interests, and BELIEVE! Believe they'll be released and they will.

Revven

"How can so many people go completely apeshit over such a bad game?"

Someone please answer this.

People like the Sonic/Shadow sections of the game (at the time, they were decent). That's pretty much it. Oh, and the Chao Garden stuff. That... part is really quite addicting. Other than that, the game is really quite forgettable.

Anyway, if this comes to Steam, I'll probably pick it up for that and watch as awesome mods come out for it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The crowd response similarities between this and the Twilight Princess reveal, and the irony of Nintendo and SEGA's fates (let alone Sonic), amuses me greatly.

Revven

Is this even going to be an HD remake of the game or just a rerelease?

It's getting the SA1 treatment I believe. So what you see with that game is pretty much what SA2 is going to get. Oh and some slight changes here and there with the HUD (Sonic's life icon in one of the screenshots that leaked is different from the original release of the game).

Sonic fans seem to drink the most kool-aid from their own franchise than any other fanbase. It kind of reaches creepy levels.

If you want to have a hilarious hour on the internet one day, go to Google Image Search and type in your first name and then "the Hedgehog" and see all the bad art that comes up.

For example: "Cole the Hedgehog":

cole_the_hedgehog_by_Kimmy_the_cat.jpg

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Sonic fans send the most horrible chill down my spine.

Get this on Vita, alongside all the other Dreamcast HD ports to live out my portable fantasy. A portable with JSR, Shenmue, SA2, PSO2? Fappo.

Funny to see Sega scrambling to do all this stuff at the end of a generation rather than in the middle. The "oh shit we actually do need money" wake up call must have been quite a stonker.

Sonic fans seem to drink the most kool-aid from their own franchise than any other fanbase. It kind of reaches creepy levels.

If you want to have a hilarious hour on the internet one day, go to Google Image Search and type in your first name and then "the Hedgehog" and see all the bad art that comes up.

For example: "Cole the Hedgehog":

My god.

jimmy_the_hedgehog_by_drakughost-d3iils1.jpg

rjc571

Banned
The crowd response similarities between this and the Twilight Princess reveal, and the irony of Nintendo and SEGA's fates (let alone Sonic), amuses me greatly.

The difference is that new Zelda games are actually worth getting excited about, unlike ports of terrible games that came out 11 years ago.

Top Bottom